Uxie and Claydol GE as leagues promo for 2009-2010 season;

RE: Uxie in pop packs for 2009-2010 season

richkid50000 said:
Season 1: Rival

Season 3: Cynthia
Milotic (Platinum—Supreme Victors, 35/147)
Claydol (Diamond & Pearl—Great Encounters, 15/106)

These are the cards we get for every season

Wow this is such a suprise, but i'm also happy. The prices of Claydol are going to drop so much when this comes out, this will be great for some of the new players who have missed out on alot of past sets.

RE: Uxie in pop packs for 2009-2010 season

Wow. How fail IMO. (For people who traded an arm and a leg for them) But at least decks will be more competitive this season and it will give me a good reason to go to league.

EDIT: ^^

My mom is starting a league, so dang we are going to have alot extra i think, and i dont think they will be $2. You do have to win them.

League leaders better hold on to their boxes. Everyone will snatch these up. I think PUSA wants all the people to get back, and active into pokemon. These prizes help the cause.

I'm so glad this is happening. I can finally be done with buying GE, since the packs are just about impossible to find, it's really not worth the 1/20-1/30 chance to pull a Claydol, and most of the other GE stuff is junk. (I was lucky enough to pull a RH one in the only 15 packs I've ever bought...) I'll still buying LA packs because there's a lot of good stuff to get (other pixies and X's), but now I don't have to fret about shelling out $20 for a card that will be obsolete in a year.

Obviously though until whenever the 3rd season starts they're still hypervaluable, but I'm not sure if I can make it to Autumn BR's anyway so it doesn't matter anyway.

Im sure it has been said a lot in these past 5, 6 pages, but at my local pokemon league, they confirmed that its the Uxie from LA.

Thats good and bad though.

GOod because we can get them easier.
Bad because the value drops a bit.

If the list that was posted above by richkid is totally correct, then I'll be SOOO happy. I decided against ever spending the money to get Claydols, and now I might be able to get all the Claydols I need basically for free!! I think it's a great thing for the game, but my viewpoint is from a player who doesn't own any Claydols and doesn't wanna go spending big bucks on techs for all my decks. Other things in life are expensive enough right now.

shadoworganoid said:
Im sure it has been said a lot in these past 5, 6 pages, but at my local pokemon league, they confirmed that its the Uxie from LA.

Thats good and bad though.

GOod because we can get them easier.
Bad because the value drops a bit.

the only way that is bad for anybody on these forums, is if they are a store owner, or if they are just greedy...which unfortunately, the latter will be the case for most people on sites like this

YAY!!! no more greedy people hoarding Claydol and Uxie and trying to trade them for cards that are 3 times more rare to pull, i.e.: X's

unfortunately, that means they will now start hoarding high-end X's to feed their greed (as if they aren't doing that already *coughluxglxcough*)

My league leader said that in order to get some of the cards, you need to play a set amount of battles in the Video Games. Is this true?

Shuckle the Snail said:
My mom is starting a league, so dang we are going to have alot extra I think, and I don't think they will be $2. You do have to win them.

You don't have to win them. You get a point per game played and after 5 points, you get a promo. Plain and simple.

p8ntchucker7 said:
If the list that was posted above by richkid is totally correct, then I'll be SOOO happy. I decided against ever spending the money to get Claydols, and now I might be able to get all the Claydols I need basically for free!! I think it's a great thing for the game, but my viewpoint is from a player who doesn't own any Claydols and doesn't wanna go spending big bucks on techs for all my decks. Other things in life are expensive enough right now.

Good news, the list is posted by OP on their website. Here's proof: http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/leagues/promocards.html

I wonder how their going to give out the Promos, I mean like by choice or random, because the league is just going to end up with a bunch of Snorlax...

Gliscor said:
My league leader said that in order to get some of the cards, you need to play a set amount of battles in the Video Games. Is this true?

M_Liesik said:
Each time you reach the Pokeball, you receive 1 of each card. You cannot earn more than 4 of each card. It doesn't matter if you get to the Pokeball on the TCG track or on the VG track.

* If you choose to only play TCG, you'll earn 4 of each card.
* If you choose to only play VG, you'll earn 4 of each card.
* If you choose to play both TCG and VG, you'll earn 4 of each card.

You are NOT forced to play both TCG and VG to earn your promos.

Edit: This post is actually directed at a lot of you.

I think Uxie is ok, but Claydol I hate. It dimishes value, and now we dont have to experiment with other draw engines when the season is rotated out. O boy! Now we can just keep claydol, nothing new. Yay. God...

You don't know that these promos will be legal next year. In fact, I highly doubt they will be.

And thanks ApachePrime for that link.

What I'm still wondering is, how long is each "season"?

This is great and thanks P8ntchucker7 for the compliment and why did you doubt me :)? I think this is great now a Claydol can finally be mine.

Back