Uxie and Claydol GE as leagues promo for 2009-2010 season;

RE: Uxie in pop packs for 2009-2010 season

This made my (birth)day.

Too bad I can't ever go to league. =( Aw well, cheaper prices in the secondary market STILL make me reaaallly happy. =D

^This made my day. Yes, I had a horrible one.

So I heard there are no more POP packs. Is that true?

I'll miss badges (because/even though I've never had one) but I'd rather get a Uxie LA anyday! I bet like the POP cards, they'll make Uxie LA with new artwork and set symbol, but still the same attacks etc, and apparently special foil.

This is great. Another easy way to get Uxie LA is wonderful for everyone. Too bad the prices will drop. [/sarcasm] I'd rather have Claydol over Snorlax, but I guess you can't have them all. I will miss the badges but I won't miss the POP packs if they are indeed gone.

dmaster out.

idgi
are they giving them out at league or is it like you play in league and we mail you a promo instead of pop packs?
for example if i go to league win X amount of games and my league leaders like yea you get a prize and the prize is uxie la/borelax?
im soooo about to sell my uxies

The news of the uxie la being available through league play came from League Leader page of Pokemon OP site.

Oh wow, so badges are gone?

And replaced with mediocre net-decking cards?

Well, Goodbye league, goodbye Pokemon TCG for me. I went to league for badges and the whole collecting aspect of them.

This just bites, seriously.

GraveTheUndead said:
Oh wow, so badges are gone?

And replaced with mediocre net-decking cards?

Well, Goodbye league, goodbye Pokemon TCG for me. I went to league for badges and the whole collecting aspect of them.

This just bites, seriously.
I'm thinking this post is just to prove the theory of "no matter what happens, somebody isn't going to be happy with it." Seriously? Mediocre net-decking cards? I'm sure nigh everyone going to a Pokemon TCG league would prefer cards worth $20 to useless lil pieces of metal that can be gotten like nothing... most of the kids at my league don't even WANT the badges, and we just end up giving them away..

esperante said:
I'm thinking this post is just to prove the theory of "no matter what happens, somebody isn't going to be happy with it." Seriously? Mediocre net-decking cards? I'm sure nigh everyone going to a Pokemon TCG league would prefer cards worth $20 to useless lil pieces of metal that can be gotten like nothing... most of the kids at my league don't even WANT the badges, and we just end up giving them away..

There's also the aspect of POP Packs, I liked playing for exclusive cards.

But Uxie? Seriously? You guys think it's THAT good? Then again, I play unmodified format, so Uxie is pretty useless to me. I usually am not the type to be displeased with this stuff, but really, I am quite annoyed that they changed League around entirely.

honestly, even if it's worth $20, don't kid yourself, no store is gonna buy it from you, most they'll give is $5

GraveTheUndead said:
There's also the aspect of POP Packs, I liked playing for exclusive cards.

But Uxie? Seriously? You guys think it's THAT good? Then again, I play unmodified format, so Uxie is pretty useless to me. I usually am not the type to be displeased with this stuff, but really, I am quite annoyed that they changed League around entirely.

honestly, even if it's worth $20, don't kid yourself, no store is gonna buy it from you, most they'll give is $5
Anyone who sells cards to a store is an idiot, and only deserves $5 for it. I think you should be content with the fact that your league even allows unlimited play... :/

esperante said:
Anyone who sells cards to a store is an idiot, and only deserves $5 for it. I think you should be content with the fact that your league even allows unlimited play... :/

Why? Some don't allow it?

Most of the people I talk to's leagues allow unlimited format all the time.

Pretty much the only real useful thing league had going for it were POP Packs and Badges, as well as the once-in-a-while overstocked cards they give out.

Battling for Uxie? Not really useful in my view, I sold mine off when I got it.

i think the promos might replace the pop packs, so instead of getting 2 or 3 cards you'll get 1 random promo that you won't know what it is until the packs open, also lets wait til we know what the remaining promo's are (theres gonna be at least 8 for the whole season)

Confirmed. They've confirmed to the Professor's that there will be NO POP10 packs. The Uxie is also confirmed 100% to be LA Uxie. This month's Rival theme refers to the character "Rival" in the video game. November will be Cyrus, and we havn't been told about December.

So cool new league stuff.

ApachePrime said:
Confirmed. They've confirmed to the Professor's that there will be NO POP10 packs. The Uxie is also confirmed 100% to be LA Uxie. This month's Rival theme refers to the character "Rival" in the video game. November will be Cyrus, and we havn't been told about December.

So cool new league stuff.

And what about the badges? Also, I take it by Rival, it means Pearl?

GraveTheUndead said:
And what about the badges? Also, I take it by Rival, it means Pearl?

Or Diamond, depending on your version.

Badges are not in our orders. So no badges for sure.

So as soon as I join a league to start earning cool new league badges, they stop with the badgse. That's depressing.

but, getting Uxie LA from Pop, while it will lower it's value, will certainly make it easier for me to get.

Anyone think that Uxie is only for one season, then we get Other stuff next season? Then it' 6 weeks to get 4 Uxie, tops.

Ideal lol for me, and realistic:
Uxie/Snorlax Prize for finished card(they might) Munchlax RR
Mesprit/Gyarados Magikarp SF
Azelf/Gengar Gastly Sf
Luxray Lv. X/ Claydol Dialga G lv. X
and moar stuff.

ApachePrime said:
Or Diamond, depending on your version.

Badges are not in our orders. So no badges for sure.

Diamond is Lucas

Pearl is the Rival

Back