Uxie and Claydol GE as leagues promo for 2009-2010 season;

RE: Uxie in pop packs for 2009-2010 season

0_0 That covers a pretty good amount of things.

I'm getting the feeling that the new foil cards will be the same holo design as the Arceus cards. That is the next set, and it could (to some players) be a pretty big deal.

or it could be the rotom holo just like pop9 raichu, this could be there new toy for the season

^But I do remember seeing the website saying something like, "A brand new holofoil pattern never-before seen on Pokemon cards." The POP9 Raichu pattern has been seen on the RR Rotom's.

we'll just have to wait as long as you holo doesn't ruin the card, which i know would be hard to do but still you never know

kashmaster said:
So what is playing for them is it like a BR where the winner wins the prize? I know its a bit weird I ask these questions but Sami goes to my league...

At league you get points for every game you play, 2 for a win, 1 for a loss. After 15 points you get a pop pack. Now, I assume it'll be 15 points earns you a pair of promo cards.

so if its a possible 4 per player per season im looking at about hmmm 16 uxie... gotta love cousins who will share their cards as long as you give them a ride to league lol.

Thank you qnetykz! That's all exactly right XD I came back into the Pokemon TCG during SF and Platinum was coming out

I didn't even know WHO Uxie or Claydol were since I haven't played anything since Gold and Silver was released

I want to be competitive outside of my circle of friends but it seems amazingly hard since I can't find anywhere that sells Great Encounters or Legends Awakened around here anymore... they're just simply out of stock...

I do have a question though, do POP packs have randomly assorted cards from a set as well? And do you get like a pack each time you win? or just one? 'Cause I'll need to win a few of these Uxies.... lol

Seriously, PUI has made some excellent decisions lately. They have made three decisions lately that have made the game cheaper to play or avoided the possibility of the game becoming too expensive:

1. They created a compromise for one season on the JPN cards ruling. This allows for single prices not too skyrocket too quickly, and allows players who had large collections of JPN cards a whole year to build up a collection of English cards.

2. They've put a lot more bling in SV boxes. Look at how cheap Level Xs from this set are. The most expensive is Blaziken, and that's only around $20-25. The average new Level X used to cost around that price, let along the best of the new ones.

3. Giving out staples in League. This shows that they want to help new players build competitive decks without spending a bucketload on cash. To boot, you get the fun of playing this great game while earning great cards.

IMO, PUI is going in the right direction with these moves. I applaud PUI with these decisions, and I hope they continue to make more great decisions in the near future. (Such as increasing pack ratios starting with HGSS)

To all of you wondering why Snorlax and Uxie were picked:

In the game your rival is sent to find a protect Uxie. Rival season = Uxie
In the game your rival also has 3 staple pokemon which are Staraptor, Snorlax and Heracross. Snorlax is better known than both of the other two.

I'm betting the Cyrus season will have Weavile G and Crobat G.

Lets not applaud to hard just yet though they may be making better moves than before but that isn't a guarantee that they'll follow through, so applaud there good start, and heres hoping that they continue along the good path

The Pain said:
Lets not applaud to hard just yet though they may be making better moves than before but that isn't a guarantee that they'll follow through, so applaud there good start, and heres hoping that they continue along the good path

This is above the expectations by a mile. Even sub-meta rares would be great for POP. We can't always expect this good of cards in POP packs.

still sub-par is still better than chod, which is what most people treated the pop packs as.

AS long as they release some of these staple cards in some way I can obtain them then I'm fine, even if they just threw in re-releases in the AoA set in America or something o_o

But I do enjoy this as now it gives me more reason to join tournys =]

From what I see league leaders and what not usually keep the cards for sale in their shop, as I don't think it's right for them to just pocket the cards for themselves lol

Believenstyle said:
From what I see league leaders and what not usually keep the cards for sale in their shop, as I don't think it's right for them to just pocket the cards for themselves lol

some LL's do take home some of the leftover spoils of their league, this is frowned upon however by many, but if the store owner says nothing or the issue isn't reported...then they can't neccessarily get in trouble for it

Ariadosguy said:
Uxie in POP packs?

There is a god!

No POP Packs. Just promo cards.

Lucario_aura_wielder said:
Question if a league leader has extra promos can they just take them?

The short answer: No, but it probably happens. The long answer: League Leaders are supposed to give the extras to new players that didn't participate in that season. I have over 200 packs of POP9. This is because I get sent a little extra each season, and I add my player rewards to the pile. If I wanted to, I could open all 200, but that wouldn't make me a very good league leader. The same goes for these Uxie's. Now that there will be THOUSANDS of them going out to League Leaders the prices will drop dramatically. I am personally getting 160 Uxie's. My league is rather small, and I know I'm going to have to shower my players in these to get rid of them all. There will be little point in keeping them for myself, as the selling price will probably be close to $2.

Oh my goodness, in Season 3 players can get Claydol GE.

Season 1: Rival
Snorlax (Platinum—Rising Rivals, 33/117)
Uxie (Diamond & Pearl—Legends Awakened, 43/146)

Season 2: Cyrus
Arcanine (Platinum—Supreme Victors, 15/147)
Dialga (Platinum, 7/127)

Season 3: Cynthia
Milotic (Platinum—Supreme Victors, 35/147)
Claydol (Diamond & Pearl—Great Encounters, 15/106)

Season 4: Palmer
Dragonite (Platinum—Supreme Victors, 56/147)
Rosanne’s Research (Diamond & Pearl—Secret Wonders, 125/132)

Season 5: Thorton
Skarmory (Platinum—Supreme Victors, 83/147)
Felicity’s Drawing (Diamond & Pearl—Great Encounters, 98/106)

Season 6: Dahlia
Dusknoir (Platinum—Supreme Victors, 26/147)
Bebe’s Search (Diamond & Pearl—Stormfront, 85/100)

Season 7: Darach
Empoleon (Platinum—Supreme Victors, 27/147)
Underground Expedition (Platinum—Rising Rivals, 97/117)

Season 8: Argenta
Butterfree (Platinum—Supreme Victors, 17/147)
Warp Point (Diamond & Pearl—Majestic Dawn, 88/100)

These are the cards we get for every season

Well yes they are check the website in the leagues section.

Back