Unlimited Edition Japanese Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy

❄️グレイシア❄️
I am trying to buy some cards for my cousin for his birthday and I was wondering if the following sets were ever printed in an "Unlimited Edition" run. They are all Japanese sets and were all printed in 1st Edition, but I have not been able to find any of these sets in Unlimited prints. (He likes to collect certain cards in every different print possible.)

Holon Phantom
Temple of Anger
Reviving Legends
Spiral Force (I know this is fairly recent.)

If anyone could tell me if these were ever run in an Unlimited Edition print, that would be great. Thanks!

Snowy said:
I am trying to buy some cards for my cousin for his birthday and I was wondering if the following sets were ever printed in an "Unlimited Edition" run. They are all Japanese sets and were all printed in 1st Edition, but I have not been able to find any of these sets in Unlimited prints. (He likes to collect certain cards in every different print possible.)

Holon Phantom
Temple of Anger
Reviving Legends
Spiral Force (I know this is fairly recent.)

If anyone could tell me if these were ever run in an Unlimited Edition print, that would be great. Thanks!

Yes, all of those sets were run in unlimited print. Spiral Force hasn't been printed in unlimited edition yet if my understanding is correct but will be sooner or later.

So far, the ones I have not been able to find in Unlimited are HGSS - BW sets. The BW sets are recent so I wouldnt expect those, but the HGSS sets have been out for some time.

I can't speak for older sets but I have seen Unlimited prints for all of BW1 through BW7.

SoulWind said:
I can't speak for older sets but I have seen Unlimited prints for all of BW1 through BW7.

Where have you seen them??? I cant find unlimited Voltorbs or Electrodes from any of the HGSS- BW sets yet haha

evilpacman said:
SoulWind said:

Where have you seen them??? I cant find unlimited Voltorbs or Electrodes from any of the HGSS- BW sets yet haha

I purchased a bunch of boxes from BW2 through BW7 on AmiAmi. The only ones that came in 1st ED were BW4 and BW7 (which was relatively new at the time). Nowadays you can find Unlimited prints of BW7 on eBay and sometimes singles of the SR/UR. I can't remember whether or not I've seen Unlimited BW4.

SoulWind said:
evilpacman said:

I purchased a bunch of boxes from BW2 through BW7 on AmiAmi. The only ones that came in 1st ED were BW4 and BW7 (which was relatively new at the time). Nowadays you can find Unlimited prints of BW7 on eBay and sometimes singles of the SR/UR. I can't remember whether or not I've seen Unlimited BW4.

Ok, I'll have to keep a look out for them then. I thought they wouldnt have been in Unlimited print for a while. Anyone get an unlimited Clash at the Summit box?? :D

I think there was maybe 1 more set that I was having troubles finding Unlimited for. It was a preconstructed deck though from the 3rd gen. I'd have to find out which one that was.

One more question. Was the VS set ever printed in Unlimited Edition? I know either the VS or WEB VS was printed only in 1st Edition. I am looking for Kingdra cards.

Snowy said:
One more question. Was the VS set ever printed in Unlimited Edition? I know either the VS or WEB VS was printed only in 1st Edition. I am looking for Kingdra cards.

WEB came in both 1ED and UED. VS came only in 1ED.

evilpacman said:
Do you know which sets or decks came only in 1st edition?

This info is rather hard to find out...I have been looking for certain decks in unlimited edition with no luck. I haven't found a source for this info either as of yet, it would be nice if we had a Japanese Deck/Set thread to confirm the existence of editions for each deck/set (could add all other languages to the same thread as well).

bagoly14 said:
evilpacman said:
Do you know which sets or decks came only in 1st edition?

This info is rather hard to find out...I have been looking for certain decks in unlimited edition with no luck. I haven't found a source for this info either as of yet, it would be nice if we had a Japanese Deck/Set thread to confirm the existence of editions for each deck/set (could add all other languages to the same thread as well).

I haven't done much work recently on my thread for foreign language cards in my signature. I'd like to organize it nicely so that each section could include release dates, promos, exclusives and history. I know a few members are doing that for Korean cards, but I'd like to see that all in one place with the rest of the languages.

Anyway, as far as the decks go, which ones have you not found unlimited cards for? I dont think I've seen anything for the Lightning Quick Construction pack in unlimited. I also dont think I've seen unlimited for Dialga Half Deck. I would assume if neither of those 2 decks have unlimited print runs, then the Palkia Half Deck, Fire and Water construction decks would not be printed in unlimited either.

I think the ones I couldn't find unlimited editions for that come to mind right away are the three eeveelution quick start decks and the elemental quarter decks (I'm pretty sure that's what they were - it was medicham, etc...)

bagoly14 said:
I think the ones I couldn't find unlimited editions for that come to mind right away are the three eeveelution quick start decks and the elemental quarter decks (I'm pretty sure that's what they were - it was medicham, etc...)

Yeah, those are the ones I couldnt find anything on. Except, I did find one card, a Pikachu, that was unlimited. But with Pikachu, you never know if it was some kind of special card or something.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/58676239@N07/tags/number/

evilpacman said:
bagoly14 said:

Yeah, those are the ones I couldnt find anything on. Except, I did find one card, a Pikachu, that was unlimited. But with Pikachu, you never know if it was some kind of special card or something.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/58676239@N07/tags/number/

Oh that's just an ANA pikachu, not one from those decks.

Its further down. Should have put this link http://www.flickr.com/photos/58676239@N07/5675755739/

evilpacman said:
Its further down. Should have put this link http://www.flickr.com/photos/58676239@N07/5675755739/

Yeah I missed that pic, I guess they did make them in unlimited.

Bulbapedia also has a picture of them in unlimited so I guess they do exist.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/10/QuickConstructionPacks.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back