Pokemon Types of Pokemon you want for Gen. VI

coolhippowdon101

Destroying electric types since D/P
So with the new games coming out this fall and having several pokemon already revealed, what type of pokemon (ex: dog, cool dragon, hippo, etc) or typing do you want to see in Pokemon X and Y. Feel free to post a list or even artwork.

Invinsible Pokemon.

Ash: Where is my (insert Pokemon name here)?
Rival: I don't know Ash, but I saw it at the other side of the region.
Ash: Lets go!

I want everything, everything and everything. I am not sure really, just not any more inanimate objects, they are ridiculous ideas. Ice Cream Pokémon ?,just makes it appeal to 2 year olds.

I kind of already posted about this in a different discussion, but type combos I want to see are:

Electric/Psychic (This one MUST be done!!!)
Bug/Dark
Ghost/Psychic
Normal/Dark
Rock/Dragon
Grass/Electric
Electric/Fire
Fighting/Flying

But if you really want to know,

A Pegasus or Alicorn (Am I right fellow Bronies?)
Toucan
Flamingo
Koala
Pokémon based on Greek gods/goddesses (Oh I dunno, Hermes, Aphrodite, to name a few. Maybe even Eros or Hercules...)

I posted in the other thread that I wanted a panda. So glad that we'll finally have one. (A real giant panda, Spinda and Snorlax didn't cut it.) I can't wait to see its fully evolved form, assuming it has one.

Here are two I've also posted previously. I changed the typing of the raptor, and added a third fossil:
For the fossil mons I want a Stegosaurus (Rock/Grass; vegetation would grow along its body, vines up and over its plates and spikes) and Velociraptor (Rock/Dark; dark because it's a sneaky and cunning hunter). Also, maybe a saber-toothed cat as a third fossil, a la Aerodactyl. Possibly a Rock/Ice typing.

Here's a new one:
I would like to see a wolf Pokemon, like a true grey wolf. Not sure on what typing, but Psychic/Dark comes to mind. Psychic because it'd be able to do ESP, and Dark because it lurks in the shadows. It'd have high Att and SpA stats, pretty decent Spd, but mediocre everything else.

Ice/Poison would be cool. It should be toxic shards of ice or something. A Grass/Ghost jack-o'-lantern would rock, too.

ThatPokemonCollector said:
I want everything, everything and everything. I am not sure really, just not any more inanimate objects, they are ridiculous ideas. Ice Cream Pokémon ?,just makes it appeal to 2 year olds.

Ugh. I'm assuming you think that Fennekin is a completely original concept? Inanimate Pokemon are more original than a handful of elemental dogs and cats. People like you... they just... Ugh.
I'm just expressing my opinion, here, I just can't STAND when people say that Vanilluxe is "ridiculous" and "not original". I mean COME ON. I just don't understand why Pokemon like Vanilluxe and Grimer get so much hate. SO MUCH HATE. Can someone just explain that to me? Please?

^

I also agree it is kinda dumb to hate on creative things and whine gamefreak is not creative.

Also my wants
Druddigon evo.
Steel/Dragon, envolves when you trade druddigon with a metal coat.

T-Rex
Dragon

Rotom Possesed Pokedex Form
Electric Ghost

'Literal' Firefly
Fire/Bug

Seedot God Form
Dragon/Grass
(jk)

I always thought Druddigon would be a candidate for Dragon/Rock, considering its rock-related 'dex entries, and because its based on the gargoye.

I really want an Ice/Bug type (even if it would be like the worst typing in the universe). Maybe a moth with snowflake wings?

Since the game is in PokeFrance, I really want a croissant Pokemon (yes, I want more food based Pokemon. Sue me.).

Have fossils from Europe (France may be too specific) as the fossil mons.

I'd like to see a dolphin like Pokemon. I'm surprised that hasn't been done yet. They've answered my prayers and have given me a cute but badass panda Pokemon - something I've been waiting for since Yellow. orz

This gen has already whelmed me, now lets see if it will overwhelm me.

I want a whole group of pseudo-aquatic pokemon who live in the desert. For example a Ground type whale that looks like a moving sand fountain when it travels through the desert.

But that probably won't happen in gen 6 since there is barely any desert on the map so far.. itd need a huge desert at least Hoenns size.

Oh, and an Electric scorpion pls.

ThatPokemonCollector said:

Excuse me?

This is pokemon, not the real world, its never been just about real-world animals with weird colors (or whatever your favourite seven or so pokemon resemble)

Im 23 and I love Vanillite. Its one of the more original pokemon we've seen lately.

I want a Dark/Dragon type because those are my favorite types. But just 1 or two because there are too many Dragon Pokemon imo.

I know two people have already pointed out how narrow minded a statement this was, but I think the depths of ignorance here go even deeper than you might think.

Whether you like it or not, inanimate object creatures are always going to be a part of pokemon. Why? Because pokemon are monsters, first and foremost. They can look like absolutely anything, and limiting them only to animals would be dull, repetitive and vastly less interesting.

The inanimate objects are, in fact, highly popular in Japan, and not just in pokemon; object creatures have been popular in japan for literally centuries. They're called Tsukumogami in ancient folklore, and include such beings as hopping umbrellas, living sandals, flying ribbons, walking furniture, everything imaginable. They're a huge part of Japan's cultural heritage and widely beloved there, inspiring characters and creatures in countless manga, anime and video games.

682603_2620573_lz.jpg

I have always found the inanimate objects to be the most inventive, charming and memorable pokemon of all. They're what I like most in the entire franchise. Every last one has been clever and cool; the hilarious Probopass inspired by Moai sculptures, the eerily cute Drifblim, the completely insane forms taken by Rotom (what's not to love about sending a killer refrigerator or lawnmower into battle?), the downright nightmarish Cofagrigus, the creepy alien meteors Lunatone and Solrock, the ghoulish yet comical Garbodor - my single favorite thing to ever come out of Pokemon - I could go on and on...not a single "object" 'poke has ever had a forgettable, lackluster design or concept. I would honestly call them the most thoughtful, fun ideas in the series.

There's an important word. FUN. If you can't see what's fun to anyone else about a goofy ice-cream shaped monster, why are you even playing games about impossible, cartoon animals with magical superpowers in the first place? I'm 29. Most of my friends who play pokemon are close to my age. We all love Vanilluxe. Know what we consider the worst pokemon ever? Lucario. Eeveelutions. The new Mewtwo form. Believe it or not, human taste does vary from person to person.

If every pokemon were just something you personally liked, the whole series would fail and die once and for all, because it would only be appealing to a single limited set of interests, rather than appealing to a wide range of people with a wide range of pokemon.

Everyone who says "no more objects" basically wants pokemon to stop being creative and stop having the appeal that keeps it going in the first place. When you hope that they'll cut out an entire category of monster, you're saying a whole chunk of fans don't deserve to get anything they enjoy, and that the series may as well crash and burn.

Back