TPCi and their Pull Rates

pokemoncatcher

Aspiring Trainer
viper.fox said:
Wow. Well that just buried the hatchet for me.

I was considering for the longest time continuing having a dual collection, but given the frankly horrendous cost of the packs over here ($8 per pack in Australia, and if you find somewhere selling boxes expect to pay $120-150; the same as buying a box with shipping online to here), the steady decline of print quality, vinegar smelling inks, terrible card stock, and now deliberately fluxed box rates and not case rates meaning a box could be beyond crap in pulls? On top of overly large sets with too much crammed in?

Nope. I'm done. Here's the towel. Congratulations on not only running the playable TCG into the ground by making it harder to attain desired cards, but really ruining things for collectors TPCi.

The sense of adventure is fine to preach about, but practicing it isn't exactly working so great. I have more of a sense of adventure opening random Japanese boosters when I'm over there because a) it's fun, and b) even random boosters you could get an amazing pull 1/3 packs. Heck I got a FA N, UR Altaria, and FA Black Kyurem from 10 randomised booster packs that'd been chucked in. If I buy a box from Japan? I know I will pull 99%-100% of the set without SR/UR cards. It's also hilariously cheaper for much higher quality prints and overall better cards.

Go Japanese you can about 4 boxes shipped to Australia for the price of one English box and much better quality

Soon every one will go Japanese, then pokemon will do what wizard s of the coast do, the have put a restriction of buying boxes overseas.
As I live in Australia it is far cheaper for me to buy MTG boxes on line in America but I can not due to the restriction.
So in saying that no one will be able to buy Japanese booster boxes online unless your in japan this could possibly happen.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Soon every one will go Japanese, then pokemon will do what wizard s of the coast do, the have put a restriction of buying boxes overseas.
Where have I heard this before?

TPCi a few years ago said:
"To help the domestic market, we are phasing out the use of foreign cards in official Pokemon tournaments. For now, you can only have one-tenth of your deck be foreign. Anything from Rising Rivals and prior is okay to use foreign; later sets are not. Come next year, foreign cards will be phased out entirely."
(Obviously this is my paraphrase, and not word-for-word, but they did say this.)

Oh, right, that's where.

pokemoncatcher

Aspiring Trainer
that there is talking about decks no were dose it say booster boxes I am talking about buying booster boxes online from another country I.E I live in Australia and I want to buy from the American market as it is cheaper.
Now my point is if people are sick and tired of the quality of cards and switch to Japanese these restrictions may apply.

viper.fox

色違いピジョット
There's no way to actually exercise that because there is no legislation to do so. It would require them more or less putting some form of contraban in with sales and that just won't happen. That kind of restriction would never happen. They already crippled it as much as they could by working in the playable card clause saying that decks had to be all english cards after Rising Rivals onward.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
pokemoncatcher said:
that there is talking about decks no were dose it say booster boxes I am talking about buying booster boxes online from another country I.E I live in Australia and I want to buy from the American market as it is cheaper.
Now my point is if people are sick and tired of the quality of cards and switch to Japanese these restrictions may apply.

I know. I was making an illustration of something TPCi has done in the past to discourage buying cards internationally. It was aimed primarily at the competitive player community, true, but its impact was still quite substantial.

Though I don't think they can actually feasibly embargo Pokemon product.

pokemoncatcher

Aspiring Trainer
viper.fox said:
There's no way to actually exercise that because there is no legislation to do so. It would require them more or less putting some form of contraban in with sales and that just won't happen. That kind of restriction would never happen. They already crippled it as much as they could by working in the playable card clause saying that decks had to be all english cards after Rising Rivals onward.

wizards do it if they are wizards of the coast internet retailer in America they can not sell to overseas market which sux because it cost around $160 to $180 for a box over here.

DNA said:
pokemoncatcher said:

I know. I was making an illustration of something TPCi has done in the past to discourage buying cards internationally. It was aimed primarily at the competitive player community, true, but its impact was still quite substantial.

Though I don't think they can actually feasibly embargo Pokemon product.

yeah you have a point they could put rules in place and make online retailers be authorised sellers and can only sell to the country they are in

Daelum

Climbing the stairs to the top
WoTC and Magic have their distributors sign law-binding contracts saying they will only sell to "brick-and-mortar" stores, or stores that actually have a building and address. So, I'm sure that this contract also applies to selling internationally like pokemoncatcher is saying.
This is the only feasible way for Pokemon to prevent international sales domestically, but it would hurt their market to much for it to be worth it.

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Daelum said:
This is the only feasible way for Pokemon to prevent international sales domestically,

There is no benefit to limit sales. We are talking about Japanese cards being sold abroad. Those cards are only playable in Japan. If you limit international sales to collectors, the result might be no sales.

Daelum

Climbing the stairs to the top
omahanime said:
There is no benefit to limit sales. We are talking about Japanese cards being sold abroad. Those cards are only playable in Japan. If you limit international sales to collectors, the result might be no sales.

Daelum said:
it would hurt their market to much for it to be worth it.

pokemoncatcher

Aspiring Trainer
Im just saying if the English version dose not sell and sales are declining and the Japanese sales are increasing TPCI could do this I know it is extreme.
They could always improve their product ;).

I am assuming the Japanese cards are printed in another factory away from the English version.

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer
I am glad, I don't care if they are random. I don't buy boxes, I buy packs, tins etc. I love the element of surprise, I get about 5- 10 packs a month. I recently opened a Keldeo Tin everyone said these Spring 2013 tins are terrible. I pulled White Kyurem EX Fa, 2 Holos and a Rare reverse.

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Salamencetrainer34 said:
People say the tins are terrible? Odd. I pulled a Landorus EX regular and a colress FA out of a keldeo tin.

Sometimes you can get better pulls out of one. The Keldeo tin has been getting good reports.

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer
Well, that was good news for me. They have 1 of each of the tins in GAME, I chose Keldeo as my OCD wouldn't allow me to buy one of the Kuyrem's without the other. Plus Keldeo looks awesome, I am glad I chose the tin was £12.99 well spent. How does 1 tin have better pull rates than another ?. Surely, they'd have to weigh the packs beforehand ? Or have a pile of the packs with Holo's and Ultra Rares. I have opened up plenty of tins in the past, where I have only got 4 rares...

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
ThatPokemonCollector said:
How does 1 tin have better pull rates than another ?.

I do not know, but it seems the Keldeo tin has a 75% good pull rate.

Surely, they'd have to weigh the packs beforehand ? Or have a pile of the packs with Holo's and Ultra Rares. .

How would they use weighed boosters, other than in promo boxes or tins?

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer
Well for the pull rates to be higher in the Keldeo tin there would have to be a way of ensuring this, It can't be just random that they are better.

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Well for the pull rates to be higher in the Keldeo tin there would have to be a way of ensuring this, It can't be just random that they are better.

I agree but 6 good cards from 8 tins. You explain.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-the-tin-or-promo-box-pull-rates-thread?pid=2431767#pid2431767 - Cresselia EX FA

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-the-tin-or-promo-box-pull-rates-thread?pid=2413087#pid2413087 - FA Colress.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-the-tin-or-promo-box-pull-rates-thread?pid=2402688#pid2402688 - 122/124 Registeel-EX

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-the-tin-or-promo-box-pull-rates-thread?pid=2403785#pid2403785 - Lugia EX full art

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-the-tin-or-promo-box-pull-rates-thread?pid=2403787#pid2403787 - FA Giratina EX

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-the-tin-or-promo-box-pull-rates-thread?pid=2441465#pid2441465 - 151/149 Terrakion

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Personally I think that the idea of the Keldeo tins having better pulls than the other two is just anecdata and confirmation bias.

On the other hand, if you're just looking to buy a tin and don't care about the promos, you may as well go for the one that's purported to have better pulls, even if the actual evidence is slim to none. It can't hurt!

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer
I just want to know how they have better pull rates, what was done to ensure this. Or is it simply, more people buy the Keldeo tin.Very few tell about bad pulls. Though a lot tell about good pulls.

If
10 people bought a White Kyurem Tin
15 Bought a Black Kyurem Tin
30 Bought Keldeo Tin

Say the pull ratios are the same for now. Say 1 EX in 5 tins

That's

1/5 =

2 EX's from WK Tins
3 EX's from BK Tins
6 EX's from KLD Tins

It appears as the Keldeo tin is better, but when you add in the ratios/ statistics then you realise they are all the same.

For us to really propose that one said tin, has a higher pull rate we'd need to back it up with proper evidence rather than stating 8 people got good pulls.
If we did Infact find out that Keldeo tins had better pull rates, then the question isn't answered. Why ?

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Agreed with the above. It's kind of like the people who swear up and down that certain pack arts have better pulls. I always just take it with a grain of salt.