Art Gallery Titanomachia

RE: Articuno's Gallery

Updated the gallery!

ChillBill said:
Articuno said:
I do make them. I can make you one, if you are interested.

Really? Thanks!

Signature Banner
Dimensions: 150x350 (height x length)
Pokemon: Garchomp, Deoxys-A
Misc.: My forum name
Background: Anything dark (even simple black paint)
Due Date: None specific

If there's a problem or you need more info, tell me.

Great. I'll work on it.

RE: Articuno's Gallery (Updated 2/13/13)

Lurking for a while, now I finally emerge from the woodwork. Going over your works one by one.

Recent (Wolves): I see there are four of them in all. First and second one look basically the same, the main differences being the choice of colors being used and the facial expression...and the first one has a lazy eye, but I think you noticed that. To me, they look mostly experimental, but they turned out pretty well! Also, this might be just me, but the cartoony expressions on #1 and #2 are somewhat...distracting and even off-putting. It goes for a style of pseudo-realism and that gets thrown off completely by the goofy face. Doesn't mean it's poorly drawn; it's just distracting. #3 is...chibi-wolf, I have no complaints there. #4 is my personal favorite of the bunch, not only because it could pass for a real canine, but it has that awesome eyebrow thing going! Very well done.

Digital Media (Icons): The renders blend in very well with the backgrounds you chose, and I see you used a different visual effect for each one; they all turned out nicely! Your experimentation with visual effects has paid off.

Digital Media (Userbars): I don't think I have much to say here, since userbars are pretty basic things. I hear there is a specific font used for said userbars that makes them look cleaner, but I don't recall what that font is. Also is it just me, or do they all (except Rampardos) look a bit smudged?

Digital Media (Concept Art): ah that's so adorable; I wish to hold it

Traditional Media (Coloured Pencils): My response here is mostly the same as the others: the head primarily looks nice, but the cartoony face throws it off. The choice of colour used for the ear (it looks blonde) stands out a lot more than the orange that was used for the rest of the fur, and it stands out more than it should; perhaps a better color choice would have been more fitting? But for the most part, I think it looks great.

You're definitely improving your skills the more time progresses. I know you don't post all your work in your thread, but you have used a plethora of different avatars and signatures for the year or so you've been here, and they get better (and different!) each time a new one pops up. You are a fantastic artist and I love to see you experiment more with various drawing styles; keep it up!

RE: Articuno's Gallery (Updated 2/13/13)

Beautiful, beautiful furry art. <3 Now be my friend.
Now. XD

I just adore your coloring....

RE: Articuno's Gallery (Updated 2/15/13)

-- Gallery Update! --
2/23/13 - 2/29/13

-- Digital Media --
Used: Paint Tool SAI

-- #1 --

A little thing I am working on Paint Tool SAI.

2hg9u8o.png

Used colored pencils to finish this. Took about 2 hours.

Eh, blame the camera for the stupid image quality. It was a lot better when you view it IRL.

2586z9l.jpg

I really like these. Your wolves/dogs are really good. The anatomy is exquisite. :D

The tail of the wolf looks a bit too short. Other than that, it's great. Keep it up!

I'm also really liking the other one you drew; the pencil quality is much better. It looks like it's lying in a field or something. :)

SuperArtNinja said:
I really like these. Your wolves/dogs are really good. The anatomy is exquisite. :D

Thank you very much for the compliment. I will strive to make it better in the next few updates. =]

Luckyfire said:
The tail of the wolf looks a bit too short. Other than that, it's great. Keep it up!

I'm also really liking the other one you drew; the pencil quality is much better. It looks like it's lying in a field or something. :)

Oh yeah, the tail. Yup, let's blame the camera for that. xD But thanks for the comments. =]

Another little update. =]

This is a speedpaint I am working on. It's going to be my first time making a full background. And fyi, it is a canine sleeping on the grass. Not what you might be thinking is happening. =]

2e6g9hk.png

Time: 3-4 Hours
Tools used: Adobe Photoshop CS6

It looks really cute so far. I can't wait to see the finished product!

SuperArtNinja said:
It looks really cute so far. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Thank you! The finished product might be posted next week. :)

And as a general thought, tutorial requests are open! Request any topic. I am open to anything.

Very cute! Only problem I see here would be the ears; they don't look pointed enough. :)

I mean that their tips don't look pointed enough. Most canines' ears' tips end in a point.

Actually, the ears of canines never end in a pointy manner. Based from what I see from stock images, they don't at all.

Heh, I got a husky recently and when I want to draw her I always come here for wolf references.
This place has so many wolf drawings that if they were real we'd all be ripped to shreds by now.

The Fire Wyrm said:
Heh, I got a husky recently and when I want to draw her I always come here for wolf references.
This place has so many wolf drawings that if they were real we'd all be ripped to shreds by now.

...wow really? Thanks so much for that. =]

But eh I am still learning the proper anatomy of a canine. If you would like to learn how to draw you husky, there are plenty of excellent stock images on deviantart. =]

But still, I am honestly flattered and quite surprised you would use my drawings as reference. XD

@[member]ChillBill[/member]: I apologize for the delay! Here is your banner, along with a tiny freebie. Enjoy. =]

3495rbt.png

Code:
http://i50.tinypic.com/3495rbt.png
1ylvgw.png

Code:
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/1ylvgw.png[/IMG]

Back