Help The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

RE: The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

Well, I managed to get more money and now my budget is $150, so what should I buy?

Budget: $150
What I'm think of buying: Booster box or tins
Options: HGSS booster box, BW booster box, Emerging Powers pre-release, Zekrom/Reshiram tin
Notes: I don't know where the local hobby store is, and I can't order online.

^Probably go to the Prerelease and/or buy a HGSS box (Pokemon Collectors + staples + Primes)
BW is not a very good set to buy because it has a ton of bad rares in it. The secret rares (Zekrom/Reshiram) are good though.

^Just call me Stealth or something.
Erm yeah, EP seems like a good set for a pre-release. It has no good secret rares, but a few good trainers and rares you will need to trade for. A pre-release is ideal for sets like that.

icyFREEZEdragon said:
I have around 125 beta codes. When the full game goes live and the boosters reset, I plan to open 36 HGSS packs and 36 BW packs. What should I spend the rest of the codes on? I will not get any Triumphant packs because I am sick of bad pulls. I'd rather have PoP sets, Skyridge, and CoL over that "set".

The boosters wont reset when the full game goes live. Your online collection will stay in tact.

icyFREEZEdragon said:
What should I spend the rest of the codes on? I will not get any Triumphant packs because I am sick of bad pulls. I'd rather have PoP sets, Skyridge, and CoL over that "set".
Give Me All The Codesl
Black & White:EP if they put packs up
and sets which you want a few cards from/most of the cards which you don't have

Just got more Triumphant from additional beta codes. Got more bad rares like Solrock, Banette, Wailord, and Carnivine. I'll think I'll get any set and avoid TU altogether. Just an overhyped set with many worthless rares, IMO. For Magnezone, I'll just get Donphan/Reshiram/Zekrom and trade for it, as well as Junk Arm, Seeker and other trainers. I mean this is turning into another Neo Genesis traumatic bad pull experience.

I've been recently looking through my binder,'and I realized I had a shortage of
Primes and Engineer's Adjustments and Seeker and and Judge.
I am also on a shortage FA's (just BW) . What booster packs should I buy and where?

ps: I also have only 50 or so dollars to spend.

tybike said:
I've been recently looking through my binder,'and I realized I had a shortage of
Primes and Engineer's Adjustments and Seeker and and Judge.
I am also on a shortage FA's (just BW) . What booster packs should I buy and where?

ps: I also have only 50 or so dollars to spend.

Like they said in your other thread, the best primes are from triumphant, engineer's and judge are in Unleashed and the full arts you need are from BW. I think you could just buy the cards you want separately online, it so much cheaper. Check out troll and toad their prices on singles are pretty cheap.

I have 130 bucks
want to build a deck but have no HGSS (HGSS, TR, UL, UD) cards at all cause I stopped collecting around neo era and started again with BW -_-
need staple T/S/S and don't know which set to buy from
may just buy singles online just need to know the main T/S/S lines from the popular decks

bigbija said:
Like they said in your other thread, the best primes are from triumphant, engineer's and judge are in Unleashed and the full arts you need are from BW. I think you could just buy the cards you want separately online, it so much cheaper. Check out troll and toad their prices on singles are pretty cheap.

I have 130 bucks
want to build a deck but have no HGSS (HGSS, TR, UL, UD) cards at all cause I stopped collecting around neo era and started again with BW -_-
need staple T/S/S and don't know which set to buy from
may just buy singles online just need to know the main T/S/S lines from the popular decks

but getting the singles online would cost way more than my budget. Also: where should I buy the packs? I also need the exactish amount of packs. Is the HS Collection Box a good idea?

tybike said:
but getting the singles online would cost way more than my budget. Also: where should I buy the packs? I also need the exactish amount of packs. Is the HS Collection Box a good idea?

How many of the trainers do you need and how many and which primes do you want? If you are building like 1-2 decks your budget of 50 would be fine for those trainers and certain primes. Boosters are just too risky if you need certain cards.

tybike said:
I just want extra (good) trainers and primes for my collection/deck.

oh ok, just target which cards you want (trainers, primes or FAs) and spend all your money on the set those are from.

bigbija said:
oh ok, just target which cards you want (trainers, primes or FAs) and spend all your money on the set those are from.

I know that but I don't know what exactly what I should buy.

tybike said:
I know that but I don't know what exactly what I should buy.

What I meant to say was prioritize which you want first as you only have a $50 budget. Want the FAs first? Get BW. Want primes? Get TR, etc. Since you are going for certain cards and want to buy boosters you will not be able to get many packs of each set so pick which to get first, then second, and so on.

Alright, it's been almost 3 years since my last game in Pokemon TCG. Now I'm getting back to the game. I realize there are lots of new cards, even new rules. So I need help, guys. I want to make 2 decks.

Price Range: enough for 1 Booster Box
What you're thinking of buying: either 1 Booster Box or some Booster packs from various expansions

I need 2 competitive decks. I was thinking to get a Booster Box from BW but the Trainers aren't good enough. I see lots of good trainers come from HGSS series. But they will be rotate soon enough, right? So buying a Booster Box from HGSS series isn't a good idea I think, plus, since it's old expansion, kinda hard to find here.

As for now, I've just bought 2 theme decks from EP (Toxic Tricks and Power Play), just to try out new system/rules (and to get some basic useful Trainers like Cheren).

Thanks before,
MysteryE

@MysteryE
Triumphant has some really good trainers and Pokemon. HGSS also has staple trainers and Primes. BW has good Pokemon like the FA's and good holos. I would get 12 Triumphant 12 BW and 12 HGSS. that should get you some hood cards and that should be enough for 2 decks. Hope I helped. :D

tybike said:
@MysteryE
Triumphant has some really good trainers and Pokemon. HGSS also has staple trainers and Primes. BW has good Pokemon like the FA's and good holos. I would get 12 Triumphant 12 BW and 12 HGSS. that should get you some hood cards and that should be enough for 2 decks. Hope I helped. :D

12 packs for those 3 expansion, eh?
HGSS packs kinda rare here. Hope I could get them (and befriend with my luck, since I really need them to nail a good cards).

Thanks anyway for your help. :)

MysteryE said:
12 packs for those 3 expansion, eh?
HGSS packs kinda rare here. Hope I could get them (and befriend with my luck, since I really need them to nail a good cards).

Thanks anyway for your help. :)
Your welcome:p

Although thanking is the polite thing to do, it is still spam. Next time please pm them. omahanime

Price Range: $85 - $100
What you are thinking of buying: Booster box
Any options to choose from and why (Optional): I am stuck between Triumphant (Yanmega <3) HSUnleahed (I need rare candy and Shaymin) or EP (just to have the cards for trade)

also does anyone know the cheapest place to get these boxes (a cheap place to get non fake boxes please :p)

Back