Help The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

RE: The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

Price Range: About as much as a booster box
Thinking of: Booster Box or buying a bunch of singles.

What'll be the best buy?

I'm new to the whole pokemon tcg (Played Magic and Yugioh competitively) scene and want to start with a semi competitive deck.
Cost:100 or less
Looking For: Anything I can get a competitive deck with

Play reshiphlosion. It is a cheap deck and gets good results and is actually very simple to play. I don't know any sites that sell pre-constructed deck but that wouldn't be the correct way to make a deck anyways. You can find skeleton lists and strategies of the deck at six prizes, here, pokegym.
I used to play it and it was effective, cheap and fun. Hope this helps!

~bija

bigbija said:
Play reshiphlosion. It is a cheap deck and gets good results and is actually very simple to play. I don't know any sites that sell pre-constructed deck but that wouldn't be the correct way to make a deck anyways. You can find skeleton lists and strategies of the deck at six prizes, here, pokegym.
I used to play it and it was effective, cheap and fun. Hope this helps!

~bija

yes reshiphlosion is cheap (and now that the fall 2011 tin is out reshiboar too) those are the cheapest decks to play and actually Tyram (aka reshiphlosion) won worlds last summer for seniors so it's definitely a good deck and a cheap one too ^^

What is the best money set out right now in HGSS on? I'm speaking more directly towards buying boxes. All the sets seem to have a few cards worth something (catcher, FAs, Primes, secret rares, etc) and a handful that can be some nice trade-bait, but no one set just seems to be the best, as the rest of the sets are normally just cards nobody wants or cards that only go for .50-1$.

^ Probably NV because everyone wants the new cards.

On the topic of NV, is it still worth getting a box?

Yes, I think that getting a Box of Noble Victories is totally worth it. The packs out of a box are about twice as cheap is what they are selling them for in stores. There are so many playable things too, it is one of the best sets I have ever seen released.

alexmf2 said:
^ Probably NV because everyone wants the new cards.

On the topic of NV, is it still worth getting a box?

It really all depends. Yes, buying a box of NV is definitely worth it, but if your looking for specific cards, its better to buy singles.

I've seen a box that had a Terrakion and Virizion FA, no Cobalion/Conkeldur/Kyurem/Victini/Hydreigon holo, and no Eviolites.

NV is the one set where you can really get screwed out of your money with the box because of the high number of FA's and the low number of playable FA's, and everything else is just chance.

I like EP because even though it has less playable cards than NV, they are worth more, namely catcher. NV is risky, as their are a boatload of playable cards, most of them have undecided popularty. So alot of them may turn out as coasters, but some might be staples. EP is a safer bet as it has quite a few good cards, but NV has more poteintal over time.

I would disagree that Emerging Powers is worth the money, the only three good cards in the set are Tornadus, Catcher, and Max Potion, and you can buy those as singles really cheap. Emerging Powers is a mini Supreme Victors. Noble Victories has tons of stuff people are looking for, and a lot of cards with potential.

Yea, I looked up tornados prices and EP isn't worth it. As Cheren, Tornados, and Max potion are super cheap. Catcher is the only good card thats not cheap. NV is best so far if you get a box.

I have been absent from the tcg since hgss-EP all i have is a hoard of meta game cards that i planned to trade off before the rotation (roseys, bebes, expert belts) stuff like that. really want to get a good amount of cards from hgss-NV

Price Range- 85-90
Thinking of NV booster box
Reason- new cards good, trade bait (i dont play competitively because i dont have anyone to play with :( lol) so supporters/trainers is just bait to me =D

What do you guys think i should do!? =D

well you could go competitive but if not I'd go with NV like all the cards are good but you do need a bit of luck EP Gothitelle and Catcher are the only ones you'll be able to trade away for anything Valuable

however all that stuff your talking about bebe's search etc. has already been rotated out in July :/ Triumphant/HGSS is also good because they have valuable primes that everyone wants but imo when the EX pokemon come out this winter it's going to be all the rage it might be worth it to wait and buy a box of Next Destinies when it gets released :3

Price Range: £60 - £90 ? ($94 - $141)
What you are thinking of buying: My first booster box!
Any options to choose from and why (Optional): I'm hoping to get a bit of money for Christmas and then my birthday's shortly after in January, and I'm hoping to get a booster box with some money I get. I looked into getting an EX booster box, which I am currently considering (either Crystal Guardians or Power Keepers), but they don't come cheap. With it being my first booster box, I'm actually wanting a booster box, not loose packs to 'mark the occasion' I guess. xD So, like I said, they don't come cheap, so now I'm considering a slightly newer/cheaper set. I'm not wanting any of the B&W sets, inclduing Noble Vitories, as I already have a fair few of those cards. I also have some HS Triumphant, HS Undaunted, Call of Legends and Platinum Rising Rivals, so I'm not particularly wanting those sets unless they're one of the best with the best cards.

So yeah, I'm wanting a box I don't already have cards from, and that have a lot of cards preferably, so then I won't get so many duplicates, but mainly one that has a fair few good cards. I know a set doesn't tick all those boxes, so just focus mainly on the good cards. ;)

^^ If your into Japanese Cards, they release Dark Rush near that time! You could get a box of that! :D

BlastBurn said:
^^ If your into Japanese Cards, they release Dark Rush near that time! You could get a box of that! :D

Hmm... I don't think so, as I'm hoping to become a player soon so I'm wanting some playable cards as well as collectible. I might get Next Destinies,since it will have EX cards, as it will be near the time. But, I'm not the kind who likes waiting for awesome stuff and I'd have to wait, like, a month. xD

Oh ok... Just my opinion... And btw, Dark rush will have EX's... Like Darkrai, and such... They showed him at least! ;D And Hail Blizzard/Psycho Drive have EX's too... But of course, thats JPN... But your right... You should get playable stuff...! :D

Price Range $60
What are you thinking of buying?Prime Challenge Boxes
$16 for 1 box or $33 for a set of either the Yanmega Prime/Machamp Prime Challenge or Espeon/Umbreon.$66-$70 for all 4?

Yanmega is going to start crashing and Machamp is going to rise. Espeon and Umbreon are going to stay the same (until maybe Dark Rush). If you can, I would get maybe 3 Machamp sets and 1 Yanmega set.

Back