The Student Lounge Thread

Well since some of you here are probably american, I'm having my summer break, what you guys have in the middle of the year now, so i finished around about the 23rd of november and I'm going back on the 1st of February, the day before my birthday, how fun -____-.

I don't know about you guys, but I am perfectly happy with getting off school for two weeks.
And so far, I've had 2 snow days. It's weird to see how different schools from around the nation/world handle school breaks, because it's been the same for me my entire life.

@playerking95
You finished on the 23rd!!!! My school finished on the 9th, and i though that was early!!! (since my brother finished 2 days ago.)

I have 2 weeks off. Sadly, I also got loaded with HW :( It seems that only summer gives mental rest, as I get older. Winter break establishes stress of grades, midterms, HW, and so much more that was all non-existent in elementary school. I wish I was 6 again :(

I know how you feel. I get a lot of that pressure too, but I usually manage to not think about it during breaks. If I can't relax for more than half of the year, I might as well get in my two weeks worth of relaxation when I can.

@Juliacoolo: I have to agree with everything you've just said. High school is not the joyride I thought it would be when I was younger. I MISS NAP TIME.

Posted by Void - Today 07:10 AM
The only reason I get a month is because my summer break is shorter though. ._.

I get about a month off too. Took my last final on the 7th of Dec. go back the 10th of Jan. But my summer breaks are long as three months, we end at the end of Apr. and go back mid Aug. My college is very loving with its breaks, but the school load is so tough.

Break sucks so far for me. I have done nothing, and it is not fun. Just kind of been sitting around and training for indoor track (but we train outdoors and in the snow!) At least I get to sleep in instead of getting up at ungodly-hours every morning for school. I should probably start my art homework soon, because I know i won't do it after Christmas. Speaking of art related stuff, I have to make a birthday card for someone at school too. Looks like my break may not be so great. At least I have skiing to look forward to.

BTW, I think I like Australian Christmas-es better than American because I'm a little fed up with the cold. Swimming and BBQ on the Beach? That sounds so fun!

SinnohTrainer17 said:
High school is not the joyride I thought it would be when I was younger.
I think it's a lot better than Middle School. Honestly, those were the worst 2 years of my life so far right there.

^That's because most people are jerks and bullies. Not everyone, I've met some of the best people in my life in Middle School. But I think that Middle school is pretty cool and I like it even with all the mean people.

I'm in my senior year of college, but I have a few more years to look forward to thanks to my major. While I've loved my college experience so far, I'm not loving this year's classes. I graduated high school with a 3.9, but I'll have no more than a 3.5 by the time I get my Bachelor's in the spring. Thankfully, my school is on semesters (as are most public Ohio universities, save for Ohio State), so I don't have anything to worry about until January 10th!

I've been out 2 days sick and i'm going back tomorrow. Luckily it's the last day until vacation. Half day too! I'm gonna bring my iPod too. Luckily they aren't giving us to much homework over the vacation.... I hope.

Ouch palkia dialga clash -- I don't know if I ever went to school up until the day before Christmas Eve. That's rough.

And homework over break? Bummer -- thankfully our quarters in middle school and high school ended then so I never had any.

You're still in school, PDC? Man, that hurts. I've been on break since Friday, with two snow days earlier in the week. Meh. Break hasn't been too eventful yet. I'm just waiting for Christmas! Besides, that huge final exam packet I got for Math II Honors is haunting me.

Procrastination is the best.
My last day of school was yesterday... but usually, it's the day before Christmas Eve. Winter Break keeps getting shorter and shorter.

My vacation starts now :D. They didn't give us homework but I do have a test when I get back. Gotta make up one that I was out for and present too. >_>

Well, we just had our last day today, which was a half day and our Christmas party. The 9th and 10th graders, of which I am a part, put on A Charlie Brown Christmas. I was Charlie Brown. I think all of us did well; I didn't forget any of my lines, thank goodness. One of my older sisters is a teacher there, and she recorded it on her camera, so I'll have to watch it later to see how I did. Honestly, I'm just glad that I'm finally done with school for a couple of weeks. Now, on to Christmas!:D

Prejudice at school-

For the people (which is pretty much all of you) who don't know, I am Jewish. I get ripped on because of it every day at school. They exploit my beliefs as a joke. For example, "Hey, you know Hitler? He's my idol. He's my best buddy." That is something I get every day. Or another example, "Hey, did you know that I'm a Nazi?" It's not funny at all. They exploit the DEATH of MILLIONS OF PEOPLE as a joke! I find that they think it's funny because they expect me to burst into tears when they mention the words "Hitler" or "Nazi". It just makes my life worse every day. I hope that people will be more mature in high school.

A story, I also had my Bar Mitzvah (if you don't know what that means, Google it) recently, and a couple of weeks ago, some kid comes up to me and says, "Hey, I was at your Bar Mitzvah." (note, this is about TWO MONTHS after my Bar Mitzvah) and I respond, "No, you weren't. I knew everybody who was there." He ignores my response and says, "You were totally wasted, you probably didn't remember." That is a bunch of bullshit. Excuse my language. People at my school take these jokes way too far, and I can barely stand it.

^Just shrug it off, you're going to get made fun of. Many people in the world hate Jews for some reason, and use them as scapegoats for many bad things.

When (if it happens again) just let them know that Hitler killed himself and the Nazis were all killed out and that the Jews tecnically won the war (with the help of the allies).

~JE~

Btw, I'm just curious (off topic), do you get offended when you hear/see Christmas stuff?

Back