The Student Lounge Thread

SinnohTrainer17

ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
So, I was sitting on my couch, doing my usual PokeBeach-Procrastination thing, and I suddenly got the idea to make this thread. Basically, here is where you can chat to your heart's content about your hatred passion for school and anything related to your edumacation. Talk about the classes you're currently taking, what you love about school, what you hate about school, your teachers (do NOT use names) and get all KINDS OF STRESS off your chest. This thread will be of great use to everybody if used correctly and not taken advantage of because it's a great way to keep from bottling up all of your stress and school-day mishaps. Thanks everybody, have a fun time, and study away!

Edit: Juliacoolo makes a very valid point. Please make sure that you're providing productive discussion regarding school, otherwise it's off-topic or spam.

arcanine227

Need something interesting...
well I had a math test today and aced it. Also there was an award asembily got a 4.2 GPA (ya).That is about it today.

SinnohTrainer17

@arcanine228: Congrats! My GPA is about the same (4.33).
The source of my stress for this week is basically from my upcoming science test that I am currently feeling clueless about because my know-nothing Honors Physics/Chem teacher basically announced "LOL BTW GUYZ TEST TOMORROW BE STUDIOUS K?" and then ran out as the bell rang immediately after. LOLWHATEVS.

Another thing that is currently killing me is how my Art Foundations and English teacher both gave me a 0/20 and a 0/15, respectively on homework that I've turned in (the latter assignment was late, but she said she'd still give me credit). GAHH WHATEVS I SUPPOSE.

arcanine227

Need something interesting...
wow nice job and good luck in school. Also I misd 2 50 point assanments 1 in math 1 in english because I was gone at a track meet. Never got to make up the assinments. I did get first in the race though.

TheGuy

Member since '09
Technically, my GPA is 4.71 because every class is honors, but when they do at my school they make all of the classes equal to 4, luckily universities will look at it on a weighted scale.

My school is an academy and we wear uniforms, get laptops, and all that jazz. Some of the teachers are terrible though, my English teacher didn't teach a lesson from August until Thanksgiving. My Geometry teacher is being yelled at by the Dean because his students have such terrible grades (IDK Why, I have a 94 in his class right now).

But we do have great awesome teachers, like my English teacher from last year, he taught like a god and made things fun, even though it was hard. My Latin II teacher this year is awesome too, he doesn't use the conventional method of teaching, he really makes everything we learn fun, and I have learned much more than I did in Latin I.

I had a Science test today, which was funny, because we finally got the ability to use calculators again. Everyone was scrambling to get a calculator from someone who remembered to bring one. Luckily for me, I had my friends Chris let me borrow it during my class.

Today was a pretty good day though, I think I did well on that test.

PDC

The PDC Show comes to an abrupt end...
I hate Language Arts with a passion. Litterally. I hate it so much. Honestly I dislike anything to do with Grammer. Schools also very boring. Some teachers are fun, but others just say pay attention to the bored and stare. Finally I can vent about school. I'm tired coming home and always telling my mom school sucks. =P

The only good thing about school is gym. When we play vollyball it's really fun. I'm actually good at it which is why I like it.

#1weavile

I'm still alive =)
Wow you guys get to make stuff up, when we miss a day we just get zeros.

I, personally, think school is too much about grades and tests and not enough creativity, leadership, money management, etc. Also, the school system is teaching subjects for this generation but by the time we graduate, it will be much different. For example, mostly everything I did in computer tech 1 and 2 is pointless now because of windows vista and 7 coming out. By the time I finish 3 and 4, who knows what may come out.

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub
^Leadership? Seriously?

Yea, the popular kids not the one who's always the leader...sure.

I'll flip that statement, there's not enough equality in school. It's basicly a monarchy:

Highest Seats: Teachers, Principal, etc. This is pretty obvious. Most teachers rule and are superior and the kids are lower than them.
Almost as high and maybe even just as high as the Highest Seat: The popular or "cool" kids. Sometimes you can be really smart to get up to this, but it's really about showing off and standing out. This kind of stops around adulthood. These are the ones who get elected President and stuff.
Almost as high as the almost as high as the highest seat: The friends of the cool kids. They get mixed in the pot and are generally just as popular, but are not as favored. The only friends these guys have are the other friends of the popular kids and the popular kids themselves. Generally everybody, except...
Bottom of the barrell: The gamers, geeks, jokesters, not as smart, not as attractive, different race kids. Yea. It sounds like a lot, but generally the bottom is just one of these categories. I was in this category the whole way through elementery school (Except Kindergarten, Preschool, and First Grade, I was probably the most popular kid in my entire class). And I hung out with people in this class. (The reason I'm saying past tense is because this doesn't really happen anymore now, but before, hoo boy) Yea, I may seem like I'd be the popular kid now (See sig). These people stay in this class because they are very shy and overshadowed by everyone else. A lot of times they have no one to sit next to at lunch and no one to play with on the playground (Gosh I was the only kid who HATED recess lol). These people keep to only their own group, and don't bother with the other classes, and they do the same.

Maybe in some schools, it's different, but this is how I see Elementery school and maybe Middle school depending on the school.

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub
^Why? Don't really want to post it on the internet so people can stalk me.

I'll admit I'm in Seniors...

If you meant leadership by politics and actual skills for leading, then I agree with you. But the actual system itself HAS leadership. Again, that doesn't happen to me anymore, everybody's almost completely equal and I'm happy. But those were some of the saddest days of my life.

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub
Came out wrong.

I meant I don't want strangers (don't mean you, I'll probably see you at regionals or something :p I mean random guests) on the internet knowing my age. That's all.

ElectricPokemonMaster

Lolz :3
Biology loves to just irk me left and right! I always miss the simplest questions on a test and loose points! I know them but i just don't read the question I guess because they're so easy. Anyone else feel my pain? :)

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
The best things about school:

-Digital Art Club <333333
-Art Club <3
-PE
-Lunch
-My science teacher (Best. Teacher. In. World.)

I'm in 8th grade, so I don't really have to worry about walking around in the hallways of people older than me (lol High School). Really, school for me this year is a drag since I have the meanest teacher in the school (but I got the best teacher in the school, so yeah).

In my school, popularity usually = bad. Most of the popular kids are just trouble makers, really. It's repetitive, and it's stupid. They are only popular because of how they dress, having girlfriends, and being funny bad.

PDC

The PDC Show comes to an abrupt end...
I have a pretty cool science teacher in my school. Hes actually fun. Makes science a bit better. Anyway, I have to go to "Extra Help" after school tommrow for L.A (-_-). I got a 50 on a 10 question quiz on grammer. The reason I got that was because I had one of those headahces that makes it painful to think. I also kind rushed a bit due to that =/. I guess next time I should just spare the pain or take so headache pill. lol

SinnohTrainer17

Garahakjskdcj. First of all, props to my Physics/Chem teacher for not telling us the test material. I'm stuck at home staring at my textbook and notes- I'm not even sure if they're the correct ones. The only thing I'm positive of studying is moles & ions.

My World Lit/Comp Honors class isn't too bad- but my teachers grading really gets on my nerves and tries to "trick" you on tests. In my eyes, a good teacher will see whether you know the material or not, plain and simple. A bad teacher, however, will try to mess you up. That's not seeing if you have learned the material or not. That's just plain stupid, even for an Honors class. Also, my Art Foundations class is REALLY stressing me out because I have a B- in the class. How on EARTH does that happen? Simply because I have "missing" work (my elderly teacher is a complete scatterbrain).

Lastly, a hint of advice to my peers- procrastination. Please don't do it. It's an addiction, and I'm having an extremely difficult time getting work done before late.

TheGuy

Member since '09
Procrastination makes the world go round.

I am always procrastinating, even right now, it's almost 9 at night, and I haven't started my homework.

Oh s---, it's almost nine

/me goes to do his homework.

SinnohTrainer17

LOL. It's 11PM over here in Ohio :'/
This procrastinating thing. Not working out too well for me.
Meh, it's not like I have TOO much homework to worry about xP
Studying for Italian 2 & Phys/Chem shouldn't take me long at all. I'm actually about done with Italian 2.

Guts

CyberPhunk
Best thread ever. :)
On the subject of Procrastination:
Telling High Schoolers and College Stud.., err, people to not Procrastinate is like telling a Zebra not to run in a straight pattern when running from predators. They tend to do it anyway, and it winds up being the death of them.
I'm not going to lie. I do it all the time, and my grades suffer for it. I'd like to see the Education system as a list of three Choices:
*Enough Sleep
*A social life
*Good Grades
The problem is that you can only pick two.
I have to admit, I'm a genius. :3 But that doesn't count for squat. I have a good school life. I breeze through the day, beast a test or two, get a couple of "Have a life? Not anymore" worksheets. I have many good friends, and School has always been responsible for that. Sometimes, because of laziness, my GPA looks at itself and goes "Gosh! I've lost a lot of weight...". But ya just gotta take it all in strides. If it wasn't for my Boxing, I'd probably go insanified. :)

SinnohTrainer17

^Yeah, that's exactly the Isshu here. I attempt all three, and I pay the cost of losing sleep over it. It bothers me, because I worry about my health, as there are nights when I only get 5 hours of sleep. It's usually 6 hours on weeknights for me, 7 if I'm lucky, and 8 when my school has late starts. School starts at 7:30 for me, so in order to have time for a shower and picking up my neighboor at 7 I must be awake by 6:20. Not fun at all T_T