The Student Lounge Thread

Detective Steve

Aspiring Trainer
But of course.
I have some free electives left. I can take one math course but I originally intended to use it on a celtic ethnomusicology, celtic fiddle, or another scottish history course (I'm that obsessed) I could always use it for one math course, though it would be useless for the program as I said.

Zyflair

Yes, sir. Of course, sir.
Advanced Member
Most math topics could be covered through self study anyway. History classes have the advantage of the Professor providing information one wouldn't normally get in a textbook. ;3

If you take Celtic Fiddle, tell me of a few interesting things you learn there, kay?

#1weavile

I'm still alive =)
Question for college students: Am I allowed to take classes unrelated to my major (excluding the basic math, science, history classes)? Can I take a computer engineering class with a business major? Thanks in advance!!

Visited USF today and it was beautiful! Another one of my top choices.

Zyflair

Advanced Member
It depends from major to major. At the very least, you'll have room for at least a few electives, so there is no problem. The exception is if you have done dual enrollment and possibly obtained an AA degree. Under that case, you won't have as much leeway.

#1weavile

I'm still alive =)
Zyflair said:
It depends from major to major. At the very least, you'll have room for at least a few electives, so there is no problem. The exception is if you have done dual enrollment and possibly obtained an AA degree. Under that case, you won't have as much leeway.

wow, fast reply! I didn't do dual enrollment, I didn't really like the atmosphere I was in. Thanks, this makes me feel better! What are you majoring in again?

Zyflair

Advanced Member
Computer Science. With an AA I already have, it'll take me only two years, and I'm debating on whether to do accelerated BS+MS degree to get both in only three years total.

#1weavile

I'm still alive =)
Zyflair said:
Computer Science. With an AA I already have, it'll take me only two years, and I'm debating on whether to do accelerated BS+MS degree to get both in only three years total.

That's great! I'm thinking the same thing... UF has the BS+MS degree for business. I'll see when the time comes though, I still have a year.

Zyflair

Advanced Member
It probably doesn't involve a thesis. I know UCF does the MS in an year by some type of portfolio instead.

#1weavile

I'm still alive =)
Zyflair said:
It probably doesn't involve a thesis. I know UCF does the MS in an year by some type of portfolio instead.

That certainly is something to think about. Good luck in college, by the way!