The Student Lounge Thread

@ crystaltheumbreon,
Your not the only one who is in 6th Grade.
Were should I start??? Oh! Life in pretty good in school. NO bullies,NO annoying teachers,and NO homnework! (Well, most of the time.) Great groups of friends to. There's a upstairs and downstairs hallway. downstairs = OK kids, upstairs = very smart kids. Girls never hear the boys because they think they are invisable. ALL the girls are friends and all the boys are friends.So... ya. Just your avareg school.
Also I'm like the kid who makes people LOL in school.:) Off Topic:Guess which line of stairs i'm in!

My school is amazing. The 8th grade has to be the best year of my life, easily. I have no homework every night (woohoo!!) before going to run for fun with my friends. We hardly do anything in class (yet Ive still learned a lot) and just hang around all day. The only thing bad about my school is that you can't get higher than a 4.0. Which sucks for me because I am in ALL honor classes and my grades have NEVER been lower than a 93% IN MY LIFE! Which reminds me, I think it is funny when people at my school study for hours and I don't study at all and I still get the highest grade in the class (that was a little mean). BTW, when I get homework every blue moon, I found that procrastination is best. Finally, to top it off, I sit next to this girl I really like who likes me back. We literally sit next to each other in all of our classes (which is amazing because the teachers made the seating chart; we didn't pick our seats. I think she bribed them or something).

d (>_<) b

I. Hate. You.
Joking, joking. Who here loves the term "Make-up-Work?" I went from a 62 (D) to a 92 (A) in just one day today! Gotta love it. And Jacob, it's strange that you never study, but get good grades. We have so much in common! :p
The big reason why I was doing bad in that English class was that I forgot to turn in a lot of those "OMG 17 pages lol" packets. I found them and got my grade up easily. Cheers, anyone?

Wait.....

PDC is in 6th grade? *mind=blown* I was expecting someone about in High School or something! So I guess you can't judge a book by its cover?

Anyways, I had a pretty big test in science today over the essential elements in life. I think I got em all right :D.One of my teachers know me for my writing skills, which is a good sign, because I want to write some fanfics AND FINISH THEM soon. :p
I get out for winter break on th 21st, and then 3rd quarter starts, and I get Art class instead of Tech. Can't wait.

(^This is just to let you know I would rather take that Tech class) My art class absolutely SUCKS. My teacher hates me and yells at everything I do. She likes everyone else (except for two other kids not including me). I get yelled at for everything that I do. For instance, on Thursday, she moved me right up to the front of the room by her desk and started bit-I mean yelling at me for not working or something. While this is happening, I am trying to paint my clay coral and she yells at me for not looking at her while she was talking. So I turn around and face her, and guess what? She yells at me for not working! And to top it off, she gives us like two projects a week, so I am literally 10 projects behind. Which is unfair because I love to take my time on projects to get them done well. I used to love art, but now I hate it just because of her. (but at least my science teacher makes up for it. She really likes me for some reason, and I never get in trouble. I could murder somebody and she wouldn't care. I seriously can do whatever I want and she wouldn't do anything to me, but if some else did it, they would be in trouble.). :p

Why were you expecting somebody in High School? I've said my age about a million times :p.

Anyway it's the weekend and I get to sleep late and relax. To bad my friend Joe has homework :/. Teachers sometimes do that to you. My art teacher is OK. Although she gets mad at me sometimes. At least Tri 1 is over so art ended.

Great, I have to read a book called: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Now how stupid does that sound..

^What is this I don't even....
I'm reading "of Mice and Men" in English. About half the class is "African American" and we're reading the book on audiotape. Its funny to hear their reactions when the N word is said over 9,000 times a chapter.

Which word is the 'N word'? I have completely forgotten. It's slightly depressing. Got double homework because I had a music lesson during another. Why? WHY??!

I'm in 9th Grade, and this is probably my worst grade in school ever. (Not that I have bad grades or anything.) It's just hard. I have two math classes because of Business Math and Algebra 1, and almost every day we have homework in both subjects, so I have two math sets. We ALWAYS have homework in Business Math, even when we have a test. And the only time we don't have Algebra is when we have a test.

Right now especially sucks, because we are taking time out of our Excel class to start practicing for our Christmas play. We're putting on A Charlie Brown Christmas this year (well, us and the 10th grade), and guess who's Charlie Brown? Me. So I have to study for those lines as well as do Excel homework. (Because we still have to do regular Excel homework)

My English class is somewhat annoying right now because my teacher is the kind of person who has us read the information and expects us to understand it. And she gets upset when we don't do well on tests. Luckily, English is one of my best subjects (it's easy to me), so I'm usually OK on tests and quizzes. The rest of my class is very annoyed at her, though. Oh, and on top of that, she's having some of us (the willing) to enter this contest to write a story or poem. And I have to write a "Novel Writing," which means 15-50 pages. It's not necessarily hard, but right now, with everything else going on, I barely have time for it.

Honestly, I just can't wait for Christmas Eve, because that's the start of our Christmas Break, and the end of these next three weeks.

EDIT: I love the fact that I can finally rant and rave about school. Thanks for this thread, SinnohTrainer17!

Gahh! I'm in the fetal position right now- it's Sunday night where I am. Time for some last minute English homework as I dread another five day school week T_T

I can definitely say that I only do the last minute studying to refresh my brain because if you dont know the material by the time (by doing the work in class) of the test you will fail. I practically sleep in my math class (geometry) and still have strait +A's (sorry if it seems like I'm bragging, I'm not intending to). Tests are meant to be glorified review worksheets. Also, anyone ever read Lord of the Flies?

The weekend went by so fast D=. Really stinks that it's really only one day. Sunday all your thinking about is how many hours left until school begins again D:. I think we have a L.A test this weak so i'll do some last minute studying in maybe 2 days. Pretty bad we have a bunch of homework >_>. Usually they don't give us to much, but still. I have Music tommrow (which I basically have no idea whatsoever in) and I pretty much hate it. I barely know any notes and i'm suppoused to write a song in like 3 weeks or so in. Really stinks, but at least my moms not going to kill me if I fail it =/.

Still have school in the US? =P

My Christmas/Winter (although I can't really call it winter because we don't get winter here) break has already started. Guess yours just starts later.

Wow, it's Monday Morning.

This week I have my Social Studies Writen Final which I was studying for all day yesterday. Luckly I have a half day/ Spelling Bee Day on Wednesday so I only have 20 minute classes that day.

Ugh don't get me started on my school. 6th grade really isn't too bad. I have a bullying situation that I might get worked out today. My periods aren't too hard. Although I'm not doing very well on World Cultures (Even though its a 90 :p) I'm not very popular. I'm one of the smartest students because everyone is a jerk, an idiot, or right behind me. I have tons of Homework a night and usually get 6 and 1/2 to 7 hours of sleep a night. I make up for the on weekends.

Woohoo! Snowday today! I get to miss the worst day of the week! But I have a huge project due tomorrow and I didn't bring my stuff home because I was going to do it tonight. Oh well, I'm too happy to be worried.:D

BTW, SinnohTrainer17, you said you kind of live in my area. Did you have a snowday today?

I graduated years ago but I will talk a bit about how school was for me. I got average grades, some A's, some B's, and some C's. It really depended on the class and the teacher. I was in band from 6th grade until I graduated High School. It was a class I always looked forward to in my day and was also easy for me. My 8th grade math teacher had this game we could do regarding homework. We could either choose to do the assignment as written on our sheet, or try and throw a marker into the trash can from about 15 feet away. If the person who threw it made it, the class gets little to no homework and if the person misses, we get more homework than written on the sheet.

Spanish was another class I enjoyed in High School. I never really had any experience going into the class, yet I quickly became the teacher's top student. We would do games and other fun activities in the class to go along with what we were learning. One thing I like about Spanish is spelling is exactly how a word sounds, not that I am a bad speller in English.

In High School my friends and I would get teased for playing Yu-Gi-Oh in the hallway. Once a week there was an anime club though so we would go to that and play. On Wednesdays we would also get a class that lasted for 45 minutes to do whatever we wanted and you could go to other classes. My friends all came to my class where we did Yu-Gi-Oh because no one else in there teased us.

I usually did homework first, but there are times when I procrastinated. One thing that will probably surprise most people here is that I have actually failed a class.

JacobeTheElf said:
Woohoo! Snowday today! I get to miss the worst day of the week! But I have a huge project due tomorrow and I didn't bring my stuff home because I was going to do it tonight. Oh well, I'm too happy to be worried.

BTW, SinnohTrainer17, you said you kind of live in my area. Did you have a snowday today?

Unfortunately, my school's superintendent believes that our education should be a higher priority than our safety, so we didn't have a snowday despite the good two feet of snow, which was a smart decision considering the number of crashes and late buses. It's supposed to keep snowing like the blizzard it is where I am until tomorrow night, so I'm literally praying for a snowday. I really don't feel like throwing a fit tomorrow morning when every school within a five mile radius from us gets one and I don't.

@ Void: Yes, we (at least I) still have school here in the US. In fact, my winter break only starts Christmas Eve and ends on January 3.

@SinnohTrainer17: Wow. And I thought my school was harsh when it came to snow days.

School wasn't too bad today. Technically, I have only one subject to finish yet, but add on memorizing my lines, continuing my contest story, and continuing this project in my Cultural Geography class, and I technically have a lot more. That aside, this school day wasn't too hard. (Probably the only one this week that won't be)

Back