The Student Lounge Thread

Last year the streets were filled with black ice and a foot and a half snow on the ground. Even when a bus crashed they made us stay all day. They canceled the half day. We went so slow on our way home it took maybe an hour to get to my stop. We slipped on steeper hills and that really annoyed me. We could have gotten a snow day today but we didn't even get anything at all. Some ice, but very very little if anything.

PE is going to be so much worse for the next two weeks, due to temperature and wind chill. I have PE 1st period (which is 8:30-ish) so the temperature is already very cold. Winds up to 30 mph on top of the cold temperature is something else. And if you haven't guessed, I'm outside for PE. At least it isn't as bad as some people up in the north, like your example PDC... My county is quick to give out snow days.

They make you go...outside for gym at this time of year? They don't even take us outside for gym if there's a slight rain and/or temperature below 55 degrees o_O

I'm still dreading gym, however, as the end of the semester is near.

Yeah. I had to go outside for gym one day. I think it was maybe 12ish outside. I couldn't feel my legs, arms, or even head through the rest of the day. All I brought was a really light jacket. I ended up taking it off because it felt like it was making me even colder =/. Really annoying sometimes. Since we're going outside more and more, i'm doomed until we get a snow day.

Yeah, today's PE class was excellent (say sarcastically). It was freezing and we had to run a mile in shorts and a t-shirt. Whoopee! Luckily I brought a semi-heavy jacket that kept me slightly warm. My thighs were freezing me to death. Oh how I dread cold weather. I filed a report and am waiting to discuss the bully's punishment with the teacher. Thank God I get off at 1:10 all next week!

A student lounge. This seems pretty fun. Nothing really to say but term ends in 2 days. 2 month holiday, here I come :D

^Woohoo! So do I, and for the SECOND DAY IN A ROW!! This is just so epic that it is insane. Too bad I can't have three snow days in a row. D: I think the snow is finally stopping tonight.

^^^And what's wrong with running the mile in freezing temperatures? I seriously love running when it's snowing and really cold. But then again I am a hardcore runner and love running no matter what.

Today my root beer can leaked. This was made worse because my bag of pretzels also popped. My lunchbag was filled with mush.
This happened at school, JC.

Even with the thread saying lounge, all forum rules still apply. Posts are starting to get off topic and spammy, so let's make sure we're making productive discussion about school.

(Nice usertitle weavile)

I have my finals next week over threee days. On Wednesday I ahve an hour and fourty-five minutes of English Finals, then I have homeroom for 15 minutes and stay there for an hour and fourty-five minutes for Latin 2 Finals, then have lunch, and an hour and fourty-five minutes History Finals. On Thursaay I have an hour fourty-five minutes each of Geometry and Choir. Then on Friday I have th same thing but with the classes of PE and Science and then I start Winter Break for two weeks.

Fire drill. During gym. In the shorts+t-shirt gym uniform. Sooooooo cold...
Looks like I'llhave to put a jacket on tomorrow for 26ºF of global warming.

Does this thread also pertain to college? It would be interesting to see how a lot of High School students (like myself) are doing what they'll do after they leave school, and how they would view College as an option.

@ShadowLugia: Yes, college students are welcome to discuss their school life as well.
lol, I was just about to ask that :p

I'm currently in my second year of college. I'm going for a Bachelor's Degree in Culinary Arts and it's pretty fun. We mainly work on the fundamentals of cooking, such as preparation, sanitation, and of course the actual cooking part. Right now we're getting hands on with sanitation and cleaning... which is the most boring thing I've ever done in my life -____-. The most fun parts are the actual cooking. It's pretty cool because my class usually spends about 3-4 hours on hands on cooking, and after a while you think everything smells the same, lol. The most un-fun time I had was when I accidentally cut my hand using a Mincing Knife :x. I still feel really stupid about that, lol.

@TDL

With your Culinary Arts degree, what do you plan to do, own a restaurant, or just cook at one, or soemthing else? What kind of food do you make the best?

Today I have a half day, meaning that I get out of school at 11:35 am, instead of 2:38 pm. During these days we usually have 30 minute classes, today though is different. Today is the spelling bee. (Thanks goodness I'm not in it) So we have 20 minute classes, making it really hard on the teachers to do anything. So that just means we have more homework, because all we are doing right now it doing review packets for finals. The other good thing about having the spelling bee is that we will get to have even the smallest amount of homeroom, which is fun because we just do whatever we want, walk around outside, talking to friends, eating, or going to other rooms to talk to friends.

@TDL

With your Culinary Arts degree, what do you plan to do, own a restaurant, or just cook at one, or soemthing else? What kind of food do you make the best?
I'm planning on working in a restaurant to get some experience, practice, knowledge, and money. After I have enough money, I'll open a small restaurant and begin from there.

What I cook best? I would have to say all kinds of French Cuisine.

Today, we had to learn of the sanitation rating system, and how it's the first thing your customers and diners look at. We learned about how you can prevent it from going down, making sure it stays high, and things that factor into your score. It was an ok day, I guess.

TDL, your avvy reminds me too much of Gale, so whenever I see a post from you I think its from Gale. Its sort of annoying.

Well, back on topic, I wish you good luck in your degree! Anyways, on Monday we have our big school band concert. We've been frantically trying to prepare and make sure that like everything is perfect.

Today I found out that I made the spelling bee. No clue how I did get in. I even purposely tried to spell some of the words wrong so I wouldn't have to be in it. And the teacher sent my mom an email and my mom said I would be in it. D: This means I have to spend an extra 3 hours sitting around doing nothing. D:

And this year the government passed a law saying we only have 3 snow days. And so far, we have already used two in the beginning of December!! Not only that, we may have one tomorrow (small chance though) and Monday will be basically a for sure snow day. We are supposed to get what people are calling a 'snow hurricane'. Basically, we are getting extremely heavy snow Sunday night and Monday morning. Well, looks like my summer vacation will be cut short. D:

Back