The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! *Join the Revived Legends discussion!* *Members: Do you want Hamachi tournaments?*

So would you guys suggest using DialgaChomp over LuxChomp since my metagame has lots of Donphan, SOME machamp and Shuppet?

RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! *Join the Revived Legends discussion!* *Members: Do you want Hamachi tournaments?*

I guess you could go with DialgaChomp.

If that´s your metagame, then yes.

Blaine said:
If that´s your metagame, then yes.

Obviously its not the only decks used, but lots of Donphan hype, and couple machamps ect.
Some Jumpluff too I suppose. ECt.

When are states/provincials anyway?

also, are we gonna have hamachi tournys? *says yes to title*

shadoworganoid said:
If I asked this already, forgive me, but if I go against Shuppet Donk with DialgaChomp and I go second, isnt it an almost auto win for me?

It isn't almost an auto win, its just an auto win. If you go second and play an energy gain and a steel energy and you use deafen, you stop all their trainers AND have resistance. So you tell me.

lol Seth. Fair enough.

I said almost because its never fair to assume its over before the last card is played.

Well Dialga has resistance, and then can block ALL trainers. Shuppet CANNOT work without trainers. If Dialga G gets a SINGLE special metal, Shuppet does 0 damage. So it cant do a thing against Dialga, not even if it has a RAPIDASH FIRE TECH.

And even if you can't get a spc. metal, Shuppet can only do 10 damage. After 11 turns of them fading out you can still just heal with garchomp and heal the damage. Although if the situation is that you can't get a Special Metal for 11 turns then you're extremely unlucky and all 4 are prized, or you are playing the deck wrong.

Well with all this negativity going areound, why would there be a shuppet deck out there anyways? You really too much on luck with that deck, and if your luck fails it's over... I just don't see a deck like that making it's way too high in the ranks. Unless that player has incredible luck.

Eevee Freak said:
Well with all this negativity going areound, why would there be a shuppet deck out there anyways? You really too much on luck with that deck, and if your luck fails it's over... I just don't see a deck like that making it's way too high in the ranks. Unless that player has incredible luck.

I disagree. As I've learned from other players here, any deck that is played is never because of luck.
A good deck is made to work in almost all situations. The only time that changes is it match ups.

Brining this back to shuppet, while it may not be Teir1 any more, it wouldnt be played if it wasnt consistant.

shadoworganoid said:
I disagree. As I've learned from other players here, any deck that is played is never because of luck.
A good deck is made to work in almost all situations. The only time that changes is it match ups.

Brining this back to shuppet, while it may not be Teir1 any more, it wouldnt be played if it wasnt consistant.

Ok I get it... however, with alot of counters being set up more and more often, some people might just drop the idea of bringing it to events. Yea it's fast and can donk, but again, I still think you rely too much on luck to actually win. I don't know, it's just never appealed to me. It's cheap too, what fun is a fast game? I'm more of a fair paced game, taking a prize once every four or five turns... You actually work for it.

And tiers? THis is where the game is going now? Ugh...

They have been using the term "Teirs" for a long time now.

The first I've heard of it to be honest.. Ok well I heard about it like 6 months ago and questioned it... Guess I act casual when it comes to competetive play... I'm praying I see some original decks if I end up going to states... Sick of Gengar, Bedrill, and the plethera of SP's.

Tiers has been a heavily used term... if you don't know, it's used to show what decks are doing best in the format.

Anyways, it is nearly impossible for Dialga G to lose to Shuppet. If you can Deafen them for the entire game, Shuppet stands no chance at all.

@Shadoworganoid: Go with Dialga G/Garchomp C. If your meta is Shuppet, Jumpluff, and Donphan, Dialga is your best shot. You already crush Shuppet with Deafen, you drastically slow down Jumpluff with Deafen, and Donphan can't stand t Deafen, your body, and Poke Turn.

Gliscor: Yeah, the better Donphan decks will run nidoqueen and Flygon. All three pokemon use PokeBodies. Time Crystal murders that deck.

shadoworganoid said:
Gliscor: Yeah, the better Donphan decks will run nidoqueen and Flygon. All three pokemon use PokeBodies. Time Crystal murders that deck.

To add to that, if Flygon does knock out DGX then you can put another Dialga G on the bench, send up Garchomp C Lv X and hit them for 160, retreat and send up another Dialga G. That way they only have Donphan (late game) who does 60 or 80 and 10 to the bench that nidoqueen can't heal. If Shuppet, Jumpluff, and Donphan are your main meta, then use Dialga/Garchomp.

In my Gyarados deck, I have 15 basics, can't I just run 1-2 call and 1-2 collector? Collector is much better for Gyarados IMO, because you don't automatically put the basics on your bench. For example, you can grab 3 magikarp to be discarded, or some crobat g, so you can use his pokepower. I also strongly dislike the turn-ending factor.

You need 4 Call because if you go first with a magikarp start then you pretty much get an auto loss. Since you go first then you can't use collector's or roseanne's. Using Call you can put Sableye on the bench and prevent from donks.

faceplant said:
In my Gyarados deck, I have 15 basics, can't I just run 1-2 call and 1-2 collector? Collector is much better for Gyarados IMO, because you don't automatically put the basics on your bench. For example, you can grab 3 magikarp to be discarded, or some crobat g, so you can use his pokepower. I also strongly dislike the turn-ending factor.

You HAVE to run 3-4 Pokemon Collector. Despite how it does give you more basics, in the long run it is better if you have a Collector in hand at the beginning of the game for some speed.

Also, I didn't find 4 Call necessary. I run two, and I think 2-3 Call is a good amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back