The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! *Join the new discussion!*

I always run rogue. That's the fun way to do it. I'd like to actually have my own deck at a tourney, not just be running one of the few decks which everybody has.

Whenever I run a rogue deck for a tournament, it always kills my record. I did it for the States, and I did horrible (Mightyena sucks.) I did it for the Spring BR's, and the result was horrible (some weird SP spread deck.) So now I don't believe I have the power to do rogue decks, but I still try it for fun.

@Shadow: Nice job on the strategy. I never thought about it that way. But you still might want to fit some room in for Call, just to speed out your Porygon/Baltoy.

I haven't run a meta deck since September when I ran Speedrill which was the only meta deck I have run. I probably will be running a meta deck at States though. I have about 3 decks I'm thinking of playing(Flyphan, Charizard, and Plox). Which one do you think I should play?

@Shawdow Great strategy, I never thought of it that way. I thought that there was no possible way to make ho-oh or lugia legend good.

You guys, not to be a debby downer, but what Shadow posted, while it IS a good strategy, it only works in porygon, which has NO late game. Porygon itself would get slaughtered by a Spiritomb or Dialga G. Now, I say this. Wait until the trainer legend box is released. With it, we can see some play for say Lugia with the bonus of Delcatty and nidoqueen. It would work MUCH better than anything else.

And that's the problem with Porygon-Z. Dialga G and Spiritomb annihilate the deck. Trainer locking is a pain, and even if they do get rotated out (which odds are, they won't) then the new Vileplume would pummel Porygon as well. Lugia is a good idea, but there still are weaknesses.

@CyndaquilMaster: What's your meta?

Seth1789110 said:
You guys, not to be a debby downer, but what Shadow posted, while it IS a good strategy, it only works in porygon, which has NO late game. Porygon itself would get slaughtered by a Spiritomb or Dialga G. Now, I say this. Wait until the trainer legend box is released. With it, we can see some play for say Lugia with the bonus of Delcatty and nidoqueen. It would work MUCH better than anything else.

Yeah I know. Trainer lock kills it. But it kill many other decks too.
I wasnt calling this idea Teir 1 good, but its a really cool and semi good combo based on what we can do.

But yeah, It needs call energy. Im finding the the start up consistancy sluggish in some games yet fast in others.

His SD Cherrim deck? There are no other pokemon in the game that have a Cherr in their name, also, he talked about doing straight Cherrim instead of Scizor Cherrim. LAWl.

Meaty said:
I always run rogue. That's the fun way to do it. I'd like to actually have my own deck at a tourney, not just be running one of the few decks which everybody has.

Is Shuppet still considered meta?

Ray Vin said:
I was trying to keep it secret. o_O

He talked about it openly on this team or team typhoon a few pages back. Lol. Nothing to be kept secret.

Heheh I only wanted it a secret for my last cities, where I faced no-one who knew about it. Except jirachinick's brother who I beat anyway. SO close to beating Jason. SO close. But Ray Vin had to jinx it...

Gliscor said:

@CyndaquilMaster: What's your meta?

SPs, mainly Dialga/Garchomp and Blazeray, mother gengar, plox, and flygon.

What's more flashy, Promo or pack Uxie? Promo is shinier but more people have them, so yeah :p

Remember that thread I posted a while back about Luck being a factor or not?

Well, yesterday at our local tourny, I placed 3rd, (2-1) was my record.

Now, the game I lost was terrible.

DialgaChomp (ME) VS BlazeRay.

Right away the match is in his favor.

But my opening hand was as follows; 2 Uxie, Uxie Lv X, Garchomp C, Garchomp C Lv X, 1 Metal Energy, Dialga G.

That was a horrible hand. I fill my bench in hopes to use Uxie to its fullest, and draw into random stuff like; Aarons collection and my other 2 dialga G.

When the match ended, I had only played 1 cyrus's, but by that point half my pokemon were in my discard pile. It was over before it began.

Either I did a really poor shuffle from last game, or luck was just realllly bad that time. You be the judge. lol

However, my last game was fun.
It was against Gengar.
I go second and trainer lock him.
Turn 2 for me, I attach a second special metal and Ebelt.
Now Im Defeaning for 30 and trainer lock with -40 damage from his attacks.

He gives up.
Easy win. lol

Well, how did you cut your deck? Did he do a shuffle or a normal cut? Because with a shuffle it's REALLY easy to stack an opponent's deck. That isn't the kind of hand that you should EVER get, so it seems to me that they stacked your deck TBH

Uh I get hands like that like 1/15 games with SP and I build my lists for consistency before techs or anything. I find your post funny, boneclub because in order to stack a deck you kinda need to know which cards are where.

1/15? Nice. That means it shouldnt happen again to me for a while now. Good.

@Eevee Freak: I have 2 Rainbow Energies in the deck.
@Gliscor: You never know. It might be dead, but I'll go for it ;]
Oh, and if it doesn't wotk good, I might as well use my BlazeRay deck or
Luxray, Nape, Blaziken deck. :/

Going back to that discusion about rogue decks, yeah, rogues arent really seen much because they usually arent the best.
Now that doesnt mean they arent good, no. To be considered rogue, they need to be somewhat decent.

You cant just thow together a starter deck and call it rogue. no.

My Salamence deck is a good example of a rogue deck. I took 3rd at Cities with it, and it was an auto win against machamp. Untill I find a new list for it, its really only a teir three deck, but still very much decent.

Celebi23 said:
Uh I get hands like that like 1/15 games with SP and I build my lists for consistency before techs or anything. I find your post funny, boneclub because in order to stack a deck you kinda need to know which cards are where.

Video Showing You How

That is for YuGiOh but it's the same concept. At least I think in this game you can cut with a shuffle, right?

^Wow. T_T. And yeah you can cut with a shuffle as long as you're careful not to reveal any of their cards, wreck their sleeves, etc., etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back