BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The Simple Questions and Answers Thread

I've never ran out of orbs so I wouldn't now about that, but look at it as you can't ever level down your tree so you won't re-lock the powers.

Unlocking powers is based on Black or White entree level, and thus cannot be "re-locked" as Trauinerhan1 surmised. The use of entree powers is based on Pass orbs, which will work even if hacked in. The only things that could prevent you from using a power are (1) the power not being unlocked, (2) the power not being registered in the C-Gear, and/or (3) not having enough pass orbs to activate the power.

Oh ok. I did not know if the powers ever dropped from the tree. Thanks XD.:)

EDIT: How do I know the values in Black City & White Forest are at zero? Is there a way I can check the values right now to see how many points they have left before I can start the migrating process? Thanks XD. Does Checking without saving add more points or will they revert to where they were before I checked. Keep in mind I did not save after I checked XD.Smile Thanks.Smile

Hi y'all,

I have a question about Game Sync. (I'm not interested in reading 177 pages to find an answer to my question.) So, I'm a little confused about one thing; the Game Sync immediately charge right after you tuck in your pokemon or is it right after you woke up your pokemon? So, I'll know what time I can check DW again rather than not knowing when it's ready.

Apologies in advance if it's already answered--thanks!

Game sync recharges every tine the date changes on your DS, however changing the time or date on your DS in the system settings will lock out game sync (and join avenue) for 24 hours plus the time until another date change (and when I say date change, I mean midnight passes during normal clock progression). This means if I tuck in a pokemon at 11:55 pm one day, I can tuck in another as soon as I wake up the first sine it will be after midnight and, thus, it will be the next day according to the game.

^What he said.
Simply put: Game Sync recharges at midnight, but if you change the date on your DS, Game Sync will not recharge until another 24 hours have passed, and then you hit midnight again after that.

What day in Black version does the rival appear? Meaning Benca? In White She appears on Sunday's I checked on Black today and she is not in the lab XD. Thanks.:)

EDIT: I battled the E4 a 2nd time. She is there now but she will not battle me todat for some reason XD. Why would that be?:)

You may only rematch Bianca in BW1 on the weekends, once per day (Saturday and Sunday). I think you might have to find her at a certain location first before she accepts challenges (like Cheren you need to find on Route 5). Lemme check.

...Nope, just battle her in the lab after you beat Alder.

Yeah I had to beat the E$ which I did. When I went to battler her after I beat the E4 a 2nd time she would not battle me. She only accepts battle matches on Sunday's. I have tried Saturday's but all she does is chat on Saturday's XD.:)

On my White she only battles me on Sunday's XD. I don't think she is there on Saturday's XD.:)

Alright. This might not be simple, but I can't seem to find an answer to it. I was talking with an acquaintance about the viability of Final Gambit as a gimmick theme in lower tiers when the suject turned to hitting ghosts. Of course the move fails, but what if there was a way to change the foe's type before hitting. Basculin then came up since it learns both Soak and Final Gambit. This is where the real question came up: What happens if Mold Breaker Basculin uses Soak on Water Absorb Frillish/Jellicent? Does it become a pure water type or would it remain water/ghost?

Mold Breaker ignores any ability that hinders an attack. Soak would hit Jellicent successfully and turn it into a pure Water-type.

Alright thanks. The issue I had was whether or not it's water typing would prevent the ghost typing from vanishing (that's why I specified Mold Breaker and Water Absorb).

In the Dream World why is there no music during the ice game from the ice caves? When I play that mini game all I hear is the sounds of the items being picked up when I pick them up but the game music does not play. All the rest of the games play normally. Did the staff remove the music from that mini game? Thanks XD.:)

xxashxx said:
In the Dream World why is there no music during the ice game from the ice caves? When I play that mini game all I hear is the sounds of the items being picked up when I pick them up but the game music does not play. All the rest of the games play normally. Did the staff remove the music from that mini game? Thanks XD.:)

I remember having the same issue and I figured out that it's a glitch for whatever reason in Google Chrome; I would recommend using Firefox for the DW since Flash seems to run faster in general in it anyway.
I may actually have these reversed btw; it may actually be Firefox with the music issue but I know it runs faster in FF either way.

I use FireFox. FireFox has a glitch where you can't use your home page either. I wonder why this is.:)

Back