BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The Simple Questions and Answers Thread

The only way I can restore my forest is to be in the extralink and be connected. Do I have to leave both DS's in the Extralink for 24 hours? I am confused XD.:)

No. Just wait 24 hours without changing DSs or the time on your DS. It doesn't need to be on and the game doesn't even need to be in the slot. Additonally, you may need to wait an additional day or two (without entering White Forest/Black city) for the people in the forest/city to become 'unhappy' enough to want to go to the other game's area.

Last night I saved in those areas XD. So I need to save somewhere else and not enter then? I am still confused. This is my first time XD.:)

Entering the area will add a little to the counter used to calculate when the people want to leave (this only happens the first time each day. The increase not as much as the end-of day decrease, but can still delay when the people want to leave). Staying outside the area is the quickest way to let the counter drop. I'll PM you a site that explains this in full detail.

I saw that XD. Right now I am trying to make my forest bigger s I can migrate. How do I make my forest larger? I think there are 4 or 5 people in my forest. It is at low occupancy with a bit of grass a few large trees and only Aron and Shinx are residing in the forest. I need help restoring my forest first XD. How do I do that? Though missions or do I have to restore my forest another way? I checked about 4 hours ago and about an hour or so ago and it has nt gotten any larger. On the grey side of the extralink there is I think 10 people but no one wants to migrate. In Black City only Britney is active and there are no other people there on the grey side of thing. What is weird is that Britney is in both my Black City and my White Forest so I don't know why I have 2 Britney's XD.:)

The people generated in each game are random, so duplicates are normal. Just because a person doesn't appear outside of Entralink doesn't mean their counter is zero and, thus, they are not always ready to migrate. As I've been saying, give it a couple of days (without the constant checking) and see if it works then. You don't have to start the game on a given day for the counter to drop, so taking the cartridge out of the DS for 24 hours will have the same effect as if you played the game on that day but didn't enter the forest/city.

So if I don't enter the forest it will be restored to normal in a few days? I hope this works. I will give it until Monday and see if it is restored. Thanks XD.:)

In extralink I have like 9 dudes present in White Forest. So I just wait until Moday and see if any will migrate then? Thanks XD. I have never seen an area of any Pokemon game to be complicated. LOLz.:)

"restored" isn't the word I'd use. What will be happening is the counters in game will drop over the course of several days and thus the people will (most likely) be ready to migrate then.

On Monday, load your game on Black 1 and go White Forest through entralink. At least one of the people there should be ready to migrate to your Black City.

This is not all that complicated, really. I think we're just having difficulty understanding what the other is trying to say. If you want complicated, try picking up RNG abuse or even just looking up the damage formula used in the games. That stuff will have your head spinning for quite a while.

LOLz that is probably true XD. I have never used the extralink until now. I just got Black like 3 weeks ago so this is all new to me. I knew things could migrate but did not know how exactly XD.:)

RNG Abuse is way more complicated. It's something that took me a long time to figure out.

RNG abuse is only difficult if you try it using the C-Gear. Non C-Gear abuse is simple and easy.

But if you are trying to do it for the first time the calibration can be annoying.

The Yoshi, I'd like to see you try Dream Radar RNG abuse on RNG reporter (though PPRNG isn't much easier). It is possible, but incredibly finicky.

I don't have the Dream Radar, so unfortunately I can't have that experience. I wasn't trying to be a jerk, but Non C-Gear abuse only seems complicated if you fall into the trap of its complication. Instead of going on a site like Smogon where they over complicate everything, someone can just find a summary for Non C-Gear abuse and understand it much easier. Complicated vocabulary and text walls can be intimidating to beginners.

What are the Pass Pwers actually for? I have used a few of these and see most only last 3 minutes but I don't know what they are for or what they are meant to be used for. I think I have them all now on both versions. How long will they stay on the tree and what happens if you run out of orbs? Do they disappear or will they stay on the Extree? Thanks XD.:)

xxashxx said:
What are the Pass Pwers actually for? I have used a few of these and see most only last 3 minutes but I don't know what they are for or what they are meant to be used for. I think I have them all now on both versions. How long will they stay on the tree and what happens if you run out of orbs? Do they disappear or will they stay on the Extree? Thanks XD.:)
They are one-time bonuses that are purchased using Pass Orbs. They can be used with the Tag Log and provide effects that affect nearby people wirelessly. There are 33 in all, and getting them is required to upgrade your Trainer Card. Here is a list of the different pass powers and how long they last.

I have all 33 and have been able to use each power more than once after the time runs out I just use it again. If I need another power I just go to the extree and switxh powrs. How long do they stay active on the extree?:)

They stay active for around 30 to 60 minutes depending on your strength. S stays for 30 minutes and MAX stays for 60 minutes. Is that what you mean?

Once you unlock them they are never going to go away from the entree, if that's what you're asking.

Trainerhan1 said:
Once you unlock them they are never going to go away from the entree, if that's what you're asking.

Yeah that's what I mean XD. What happens if I run out of orbs if it ever does? Will they be dark until I have orbs again? Thanks XD.:)

Back