BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

Um guys, I know your happy and all but could you move this to PM cause its kinda getting spamy and this isnt the place for it...

ok thanks for the info... also another question... why is it not counting as caught when i trade for a seen pokemon thru gts or hatch an egg i make? Example... i have "seen" a nosepass and got one off the GTS but it isnt showing as caught in my national dex? This is happening when I hatch an egg I make from final evolved forms of pokemon too...? Example.. I traded a friend a Togekiss so I could make a Togepi but Togepi isnt showing as caught?

side note... I'd love a happiny since everyone on GTS is asking for something outrageous for a Blissey..

Game Name is Bex
Friend Code.... 4169 3891 9368
Game... Black

Well, when you physically trade for the Pokemon, and you own it, it should show up as being Caught in the National Dex. It's possible your Dex might be stuck on the Unova viewing mode.

As for the pre-evos, having higher evos as Caught won't make the lower evos Caught as well. You need to have physically possessed each one at some point for it to be classified as Caught.

DNA said:
Well, when you physically trade for the Pokemon, and you own it, it should show up as being Caught in the National Dex. It's possible your Dex might be stuck on the Unova viewing mode.

As for the pre-evos, having higher evos as Caught won't make the lower evos Caught as well. You need to have physically possessed each one at some point for it to be classified as Caught.

yes i understand that, i have played other versions, but when i hatch an egg it usually shows me as having caught that said pokemon.. and it is on national dex setting.. i has physically possessed the Togekiss.. long enough to throw it in day care with my ditto to make the togepi.. but doesnt show me as having the togepi.. just wondering if others had/have that problem?

Did you actually hatch the egg? And are you aware that Togepi's Nat'l Dex number is 175, not 460-something?

DNA said:
Did you actually hatch the egg? And are you aware that Togepi's Nat'l Dex number is 175, not 460-something?

ok.. so i had a blonde moment... im sorry... yes i hatched the egg...didnt look that far back in the dex

*hangs head in shame and goes sits quietly in her corner*

The Nat'l Dex is grouped by order of when they were released; since Togekiss is Gen-4 and its two previous stages are Gen-2, they're separated by a large gap. Other cross-generational evos are like that too.

Also there's no shame in being blonde. I'm blonde.

DNA said:
Wireless refers to the Entralink, where you can connect to other players that also have their C-Gears on (you can do missions this way to gain Pass Orbs and make your Entree grow), and also for audio and video communication with other DSs via "Xtransceiver". The video bit can't be done on DS Lite or older, and tbh I don't see the point of the Xtransceiver since it's still interaction with people within 30 feet of you.
That's true for the C-Gear (but hey, you get the rad editing effects). But what about Wi-Fi?
SpaceBehemoth said:
Um guys, I know your happy and all but could you move this to PM cause its kinda getting spamy and this isnt the place for it...
This. Take it to PM next time.
DNA said:
Also there's no shame in being blonde. I'm blonde.

I still can't wrap my head around this.

That's true for the C-Gear (but hey, you get the rad editing effects). But what about Wi-Fi?
Oh right, I forgot you could do Xtransceiver over Wifi. The thought escaped me. Even still, in my case, I own a DS Lite, so for me it's no different than voice chat.
Also, what exactly can you not wrap your head around? I thought I was being rather straightforward (although, you might have missed the bit where gibsongirl said she had a blonde moment).

(although, you might have missed the bit where gibsongirl said she had a blonde moment)....

hey no picking on the new girl !!!!

btw..im a redhead

Why was it programmed in game that Zekrom / Victini / Reshiram can't be shiny?

I dont know, I guess nintendo got tired of us abusing our super legendaryes to be shiny.

Tyrant Tyranitar said:
Zekrom and Reshiram were programmed probably because of the cutscene right before you battle them. In the cutscene, they aren't shiny. Why would they suddenly be shiny in the battle?

Victini was probably programmed because it is an event Pokemon.

slickmario said:
Tyrant Tyranitar said:
In the cutscene, they aren't shiny. Why would they suddenly be shiny in the battle?

Victini was probably programmed because it is an event Pokemon.

But that's basically the same as saying "They aren't shiny because their overworld sprites are shiny, so why would it be shiny in battle?"

And Victini is like Mew on Emerald (although unreleased in the U.S.) where you go to his island and battle it. You can soft reset for it to be shiny.

Yeah slickmario, that would go against all the interactable legends where you could see the coloration...But I guess with the overhaul of BW it would make more sense

@Tyrant Tyranitar: Unfortunately Victini's got a shiny check too, despite the operations of those past events, the same coding tag as Reshiram and Zekrom in fact. Game Freak's decision at this point seems kind of arbitrary, as the only practical repercussion this has on these particular Pokémon is a reorganization of natures, which still remain random, so the it's hardly observable in normal gameplay. With events however, shiny checks are noticeable because they're used to give Pokémon constant natures, genders, and abilities, which serves a practical use for designing the specs of an event Pokémon. Victini in particular however isn't within technical boundaries a true "event" Pokémon – it's simply a normal wild Pokémon that can't be accessed without the game/code alterations/unlocking caused by the use of the Liberty Ticket, so as far as I know there wasn't a practical reason to give Victini a shiny check either in addition to Reshiram and Zekrom. Perhaps it's to give more importance to future events for shiny version of these Pokémon, though with what we know about the games right now that seems to me a bit far-fecthed. Otherwise maybe it's just trollin', haha.

Back