BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The Simple Questions and Answers Thread

Because that would be unfair.

That would not be unfair if you already have the parent and shutting down the DW will make all the abilities useless. Once it closes on 01/14/14 all those unlocked abilities will be considered hacks. Everything we have obtained will be hacked unless they keep thoses abilities. Everything not released is still hacked and if they shut it down that means all Pokemon from there will be hacks.:)

xxashxx said:
That would not be unfair if you already have the parent and shutting down the DW will make all the abilities useless. Once it closes on 01/14/14 all those unlocked abilities will be considered hacks. Everything we have obtained will be hacked unless they keep thoses abilities. Everything not released is still hacked and if they shut it down that means all Pokemon from there will be hacks.:)

They won't be considered hacks because you can breed tons and tons of hidden-ability Pokemon as long as you have the female with the hidden ability and a male that isn't a Ditto. That won't stop functioning once the DW closes, and I'm sure it'll be present in X/Y.

just breed with a compatible male... you don't seem to grasp DW breeding other than ditto prevents the passing on of the DW ability. DW females CAN pass on the ability with a male of the same egg group (50% chance). All DW mons may not be gendered, but they won't become hacks by any means when the gen 5 DW closes.

@xxashxx: That is exactly the same thing as saying all Nintendo Event Pokemon are hacked.

Whenever I make a Pokémon I aim to make it legal. With normal pokemon you can breed, it's easy as you can say it was from an egg. Legendaries, however, cannot be bred, and I'm not sure what encounter to put for them in order to make them legal. This is the list of them...

Caught in a building, Caught in water, Cave/Hall of Origin/Giratina, Dialga/Palkia, Distortion World, Egg/Pal Park/Event/Honey tree/Shaymin, Great Marsh/Safari Zone, Rock Smash, Starter/Bebe's Eevee/Fossil (Platinum only?), Starter/Fossil, and Tall grass/Darkrai

Anyone know what circumstance each is used in? I'd also like to make regular pokémon without making them from an egg. Any help would be appreciated!

Hacking a pokemon to look legal is frowned upon by everyone who wants a fair battle (especially RNGers who spend time to get good pokemon legitimately raather than taking the "easy way" and hacking the same set). I know a ton about legality, so if I tried my hand a t legal-looking hacks I could (most likely) be dangerous, but I see no point when RNG abuse is just as easy (once you learn how) and it won't ban me from competitive settings since everything is legitimate. I don't think anyone will give tips on when that stuff is used. I only use pokegen myself when extracting event pokemon from my exported saves so I can check IVs, EVs, etc. since event ribbons prevent uploading on the GTS (through DNS redirection, 3rd party servers can be used to find those values for pokemon without modifying them).

Well this question might make me sound dumb and it might sound a bit confusing but here it goes as i am new to breeding.

if i breed a crobat and a starly (brave bird) then The Brave bird crobat i breed with a skarmory (curse) Can i ultimatly get a crobat with brave bird + curse?

To get a Crobat with Brave Bird and Curse, the father must know both of those moves. Only the father passes down egg moves.

I do not know why you would want to teach Curse to a Crobat, however. That is a bad idea. You do not want to lower Crobat's Speed.

DNA said:
To get a Crobat with Brave Bird and Curse, the father must know both of those moves. Only the father passes down egg moves.

I do not know why you would want to teach Curse to a Crobat, however. That is a bad idea. You do not want to lower Crobat's Speed.

Trust me its amazing i use it in competitive battling. I use curse gains attack and defense then my held item white herb gives him his normal speed again so hes + + and neutral then since he dosn't have an item i use acrobatics witch doubles in power if he is not holding an item. And acrobatics is also STAB.

Creativity ;) he is very good if used like this ^

And is their any possible way without Hacking to get him to know both?

ClericFlowHD said:
And is their any possible way without Hacking to get him to know both?

I too think it's weird to put Curse on Crobat, but you can get it and Brave Bird on the same set.
Farfetch'd can learn Curse as an Egg Move from Torkoal, Bidoof's line, and Numel's line. Breed a female Farfetch'd with one of these that knows Curse, and get hatch a male baby Farfetch'd from this pair.
Raise that new Farfetch'd with Curse to level 55, at which point it will learn Brave Bird. Then breed that Farfetch'd with a female from the Zubat line, and bam.
Brave Bird and Curse on the same baby Zubat. d:

Jakeremix said:
Whenever I make a Pokémon I aim to make it legal. With normal pokemon you can breed, it's easy as you can say it was from an egg. Legendaries, however, cannot be bred, and I'm not sure what encounter to put for them in order to make them legal. This is the list of them...

Caught in a building, Caught in water, Cave/Hall of Origin/Giratina, Dialga/Palkia, Distortion World, Egg/Pal Park/Event/Honey tree/Shaymin, Great Marsh/Safari Zone, Rock Smash, Starter/Bebe's Eevee/Fossil (Platinum only?), Starter/Fossil, and Tall grass/Darkrai

Anyone know what circumstance each is used in? I'd also like to make regular pokémon without making them from an egg. Any help would be appreciated!

We do not offer support for hacking. Discussion of how to hack is against forum policy.

King Arceus said:
Jakeremix said:

We do not offer support for hacking. Discussion of how to hack is against forum policy.

Then what thread do I post it in?

Jakeremix said:
King Arceus said:

Then what thread do I post it in?

You can't post it anywhere on this website. It's against the PokéBeach rules. That's what he meant by "it's against forum policy."

Is it possible to clone Pokemon without a hacking device?

Ice said:
Is it possible to clone Pokemon without a hacking device?

You're able to trick the GTS in DP (at least, not sure about rest of Gen. 4). Deposit the Pokemon, and interrupt the connection at the right time to have a Pokemon in the GTS and a clone in the box. My friend did this once by accident and it worked, but I don't know if it will always work, and I don't believe that there is any way to perform such a glitch in Gen 5 at all.

Bob is correct. This GTS glitch was removed in Platinum.
There's supposedly something in Gen 5 involving a dummy DNS, but I'm not sure if that actually works.

DNA said:
Bob is correct. This GTS glitch was removed in Platinum.
There's supposedly something in Gen 5 involving a dummy DNS, but I'm not sure if that actually works.

there is. if you upload a mon to the regular GTS then connect to a fake/dummy GTS (just use a working DNS to an unofficial, alternate GTS server. No need to upload/search/trade there), the mon will be "sent back" because it "wasn't traded". when you connect to the regular GTS again (revert the DNS settings to normal), you can (usually) withdraw the original. This doesn't work for event mons because their ribbons prevent them from being uploaded.

Back