The RNG Q&A Thread

Actually, there is a site that can show your SID. It is called pokecheck.org, and it can show you the sid with any pokemon you have

But using a dummy GTS server, even of that nature, is borderline cheating. The Pokemon's data is sent to a server, where it's then checked through illegitimate means.

Non-cheating methods would have to have ways through math and calculations, without any interface with the game. Obviously, this isn't possible at the moment. But 4th Gen was considered impossible, and then methods eventually popped up, eventually getting easier and easier.

Hey, I'm non C-Gear RNGing flawless naive larvitar eggs. I already got 3 perfect drilburs so i know how to do it, its just that im stuck. The parents are: female, naive, 31/xx/xx/31/31/31 and male, sassy, 31/31/31/xx/31/31. Every time i RNG the eggs I always get either crap or those 2 IV spreads.

Should I consider using a different starting time in case that RNG is locked to give me those results?

Hi, I am new to RNGing, but I have done it successfully before witht the stationary legendaries. I was wondering, to get a shiny egg, do you HAVE to have your SID? If so you do you find it, if not then why can't the shiny egg generator not pin down a date and time for me to get one? (Using the standard seed.)

Edit: I found my sid, but the generator still isn't giving me useful results.

Hi everyone, I'm new to RNG and nothing is going right until now. It's hard to find a Q&A topic, I found this one. Hopefully someone will help me out.

1. I live in Portugal, does that mean that mine is an English game?
2. If 1. is correct, then... I got my SID on pokecheck, is that reliable?
3. If so, when I'm calibrating I get different results when it comes to Timer0, that's okay because on a youtube guide I watched it says the number may vary and advices us to keep calibrating until we find one that's more consistent. Did that, sometimes I didn't find anything. My most consistent timer is C80, is it safe to use that one on the parameters?
4. And the most frustrating one that keeps me stuck (if it isn't 1! :p), I choose an IV spread, load the game at the time and date the rng reporter tells me to, because I'm still trying to do my first successful RNG abuse I picked something with a max frame of 1, so I turn the game, don't press any buttons (like it tells me to), sweet scent, catch the pokémon and bam! Completely random pokémon with random IVs. What's happening here? ._.

I've been reading guides and watching youtube guides repeatedly to find if I'm missing something, but I don't think I am.

Many thanks in advance :)

I'm bumping this because with VGC Regionals so near at Nationals soon, I'm sure there will be more questions about RNG'ing.

In the Videos by bearsfan092drums, he has a different program than the one that smogon gives you. I can't figure out how to use mine. Can someone help!? asap please

Back