PTCGO The Pokémon TCG Online Troubleshoot Guide

TCGO questions 2

1. Can I use trainers or cards from older sets that have been reprinted in the current rotation? Professor Juniper from Black and White, for example. Can I use that in a modified deck and play online?

2. What is a general overview of card to pack ratio? A full art EX = how many packs? A regular EX = how many packs? Etc...

Thanks

RE: TCGO questions 2

1. Yes. If it's available in the deckbuilder when you select "Modified" as your format (as opposed to Unlimited), then it will show up. Reprints and their older cards do still show up in Modified if the reprint is in the current rotation.

2. Personally, I've found card pull ratios to be way more erratic on PTCGO than in real life. IRL, booster pack ratios are tied to booster boxes. Booster boxes are nonexistent online, so the pull ratios are way more random. Don't rely on "one UR every 8 packs!!!!11!!!!1!!" or anything when it comes to online play.

RE: TCGO questions

Thanks but I meant trade wise. How many booster packs = 1 EX. Stuff like that.

RE: TCGO questions

ThirdEye said:
Thanks but I meant trade wise. How many booster packs = 1 EX. Stuff like that.

Depends on what EX. Darkrai can go for 2, Black Kyurem can go for 4 and a FA Genesect could net 8+

TCGO problems

hey everyone, my brother is having problems logging in to TCG Online from his computer it says "invalid username or password" but if he log in on another computer with the same info it goes in with no problem. Any bit of help is appreciated

RE: TCGO problems

RagingxLapras said:
hey everyone, my brother is having problems logging in to TCG Online from his computer it says "invalid username or password" but if he log in on another computer with the same info it goes in with no problem. Any bit of help is appreciated

Try deleting cookies and browser history.
If the problem continues, restart computer or try a different browser.

If the above solutions don't work, I'm not sure if anyone here can help you, but according to the Pokémon Support Center, there is an e-mail address set up specifically to help with account issues: [email protected]. I would suggest that your brother e-mail this support e-mail from the e-mail that he used to create his account and hopefully he can get the technical assistance he needs from the people who are in a position to help.

Are both computers connected to the same modem? If they aren't that could be the problem. When my new Xfinity Modem got installed, I got that same error message every time I tried to log on. The only way I could play PTCGO was through a Linksys connection. That is unless I wanted to reconfigure my modem which I wasn't sure how to do at the time.

This is something I really really hope they get fixed because I haven't been able to play PTCGO in a while.

RE: Pokemon TCGO Problems

Hey so I keep trying to go to "Redeem Codes" and it just kinda freezes up. Also the only way that I can even access it if I click shop. Can any of you guys help?

PTCGO: I'm sick of this!!!

Since this new modem has been installed in my computer, I haven't been able to play PTCGO unless I switch to linksys internet connection. The problem with that is that linksys is extremely fragile. I'm lucky to get a game in before the connection dies on me and that's assuming I can even find a connection in the first place (I tried right now and have failed).

In the past, trying to log on via my home internet has resulted in that dreaded message telling me that there is no connection or something. Now, with the update, I don't even get that message. It just loads and then stops without telling me why.

This is getting beyond frustrating. I don't want to give up PTCGO over this, but what am I supposed to do when I can't even play the damn thing? I know I have to do something with the modem, but I'm not sure what is it is I have to do (I'm not the best with computers). I just want to be able to play again without these hassles.

Does the modem have a built in firewall?

I actually got on using linksys. They must have changed things a lot since then because it's absolutely unplayable. For half the cards, I get this wierd backround instead of the actual card art. And the one game I tried to play lagged so bad that I barely made it through one turn.

Can anyone tell me how to fix that bug where I can't tell which cards are which?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU8G4kW-EcA

The video above describes what I'm talking about better than I can (it's at the 0:30 mark).

EDIT: Tried reinstalling, but it didn't do anything.

PTCGO

I can't make friends on PTCGO.
There is no chat occurring at all on my screen on this computer, but I can do all of these things on other computers. I checked my setting, re-downloaded it and still nothing. I am using a 2010 Generation Macbook Pro. Can someone tell me how I can Fix this problem? Thanks
-Bulbasuar17
(Sorry If this is in the wrong section)

I'm having some serious graphics problems. When I want to see my collection, just a bunch of symbols show up, and the only way I can see them is individually by right-clicking them, and also, during play, can't see what I browse through; I mean, the square is either black or the same as in the collection, so my Level Ball and such are all guessed by randomly clicking around the square. And also, even though I can see the cards individually, there is no way the Holo/Reverse cards show up, they are like completely black cards. AND, the text is awful. How can I fix it? I have a Compaq Presario with the newest display driver, and also have an ATI Radeon 9000 video card in my desk ready to be installed in case that would help, but I doubt it since it's quite old... Thanks!

Pokemon Online/Offline Question

Greetings all. After a while of playing the face to face card game, my son and I ventured into the online version. Plugged in code cards and off we went. I am able to battle other players without problems, but when he logs in, he can;t. I've added him as a friend, but he always shows as offline even when he's not. Has anyone ever run into this before and does anyone have a solution? Cheers.

Playtcg down?

Something is going on here. For 3 days, (Sunday through Tuesday), it has been offline. It looks like it's back online, but the 3 games I tried to play, I ended up leaving because I had no response from my opponent for several minutes. I don't know if this is because of lag, slow response time, or just opponents being jerks, but it's annoying. After the crap I went through with PTCGO, I really hope this problem sorts itself out.

Back