Writing The Official PokéBeach Writer's Corner Competition 2011- Congratulations to our first place winner a

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Official PokéBeach Writer's Corner Competition 2011- The submissions have been posted!

D: Sorry! I edited them into my last post, just a minute after you posted [/facepalm]

And I'm terribly sorry for the delay. I had a very...personal family-related emergency. I need to keep it at that.

RE: The Official PokéBeach Writer's Corner Competition 2011- The submissions have been posted!

*facepaws himself* That and it sucks doing things from my phone... Anyways, I don't blame you for delays if it was a personal issue. Just it helps to be more prompt or leave a note that there would be a slight delay (if possible, of course).

....I'm not surprised at all, really...about who wrote what, that is.
I'm attempting to guess who wrote the rest...let's see, I think Shadow Arceus wrote 4, Twig wrote 2, and Hypnotic Luxray wrote 1.
Seeing as the competition is over, you can tell me...am I right?

Submission #1- Twig
Submission #2- Shadow Arceus
Submission #3- aggiegwyn
Submission #4- HypnoticLuxray
Submission #5- Unique Username

So uh. Zero points to DNA ;DDDD

...That...doesn't make any sense...How could Twig have made the first one!?

We need to figure out a time for the next contest soon. Would it surprise anyone if I said I actually enjoyed seeing a bit more activity in the forum around the time we did this (though I guess that would've been the case anyways, even without the contest, but I still enjoyed seeing this nonetheless).

DNA was wrong, take that!
Congrats, UU, I thought yours was the best. Looks like my predictions about who wrote which were correct.

I'll judge for the next one too.

In case anyone's curious, aggiegwyn's got two votes for first and one for second, and Unique Username's got one for first and two for second. Sorry, everyone else! Theirs were surprisingly enjoyable.

@DNA: I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or as an insult...

Anyways, congratulations aggiegwyn and Unique Username. Loved your stories. =D

^If you don't know how to take it, I won't tell you how to take it.

I won?! Cool! I really wasn't expected this! Thanks guys, and good luck for us all next time!

;w;

(tears of joy)

XD

Oh, sorry, I misread the post declaring the winners. I was in a rush and thought it said Aggie won second place, instead of UU. I apologize. I even forgot to mention you earlier, also. I thought yours was the second best. It was touching.
@DNA, why'd you assume I wrote four?

I voted aggie's because it was an out-of-the-box idea. UU's had good vocabulary but I liked the fact that aggie's had a neat spin on the idea. The others were just... awful. Better luck next time, guys.

@DNA, why'd you assume I wrote four?
It just looked like the kind of thing you would write (mostly looking at the introduction). But seeing the answer (#2) before me, it makes a bit more sense now.

I was the only judge that voted #5 over #3, instead of #3 over #5, but it was an extremely close call. I mean, I am a sucker for large fancy words, but #3 was downright touching and, yes, out-of-the-box. It blew me away.

...I didn't like any of the other ones nearly as much.

"Downright touching"? Wow, you guys are super nice...

I thought I was going to lose, since the walls really weren't talking in the first place.

^_^"

So can I just take it next time to let DNA know who wrote what beforehand that way we don't have to nag him about guessing wrong? Just kidding. Honestly, I don't think anyone should've been making guesses anyways since that's what killed the previous contest (for some unknown reason everyone figured out I wrote #8...or was it #13...#5? Actually I can't remember anymore, just someone said something that gave me away...oh, wait, that was me! Okay, enough of my humor, back to regular discussions, people!)

psssssssssssssssssh
There was a previous contest? ...I vaguely remember that, I guess I should go look it up and scroll through the older pages.

Yeah, I remember it pretty well...but I think I've digressed enough...

This is just a side thought, but perhaps the next contest could be a form poem contest, in which participants have to hold to a specific style of poetry to keep it a little more of a challenge. I'd just like to see people try their hands at ones like the sestina, which I had to do for a college class but had a lot of fun with. But, again, it's just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back