Pokemon The Name Rater Thread!

Archeops= Kyoryu (=Dinosaur jp.)
Umbreon= Tsuki (=Moon jp)
Espeon= Tayio (=Sun jp.)
Glaceon= Tsumetai (=Icy jp.)
Leafeon= Asatsuyu (=Morning Dew jp.)
Jolteon= Shockwave (Transformers character)

Well. At last I figured out something to these ones. Thanks for help (even I found out names in Japanese ^^') :p And ooops... I need your help again and this time help me to name male Pokemon from Gale of Darkness:

*= already have a name
(?)= need a name

Gligar= Mutalisk *
Mightyena= Fenrir *
Jolteon= Shockwave (He's going to transfered into DP games) *
Spreal (?)
Shroomish (?) [gonna be Breloom later]
Garvanha (?) [gonna be Sharpedo later]
Duskull (?) [gonna be Dusknoir later and transfered into DP games]

Speal~Shiru (Seal in Jap.)
Shroomish~Kinoko (Mushroom in Jap.)
Caravana~Jozu (Jaws in Jap.)
Duskull~Zugaikotsu (Skull in Jap.)

I like English to Japanese words!

ZoruaSnivyluver said:
Speal~Shiru (Seal in Japanese.)
Shroomish~Kinoko (Mushroom in Japanese.)
Caravana~Jozu (Jaws in Japanese.)
Duskull~Zugaikotsu (Skull in Japanese.)

I like English to Japanese words!
Yes. But I gonna evolve them soon, so they can't carry too "childish" names. Maybe Zugaikotsu is enough good to Duskull (he's still gonna be Dusknoir later).

Argentine said:
Yes. But I gonna evolve them soon, so they can't carry too "childish" names. Maybe Zugaikotsu is enough good to Duskull (he's still gonna be Dusknoir later).

Gauth or Beholder. I named my own as Beholder in platinum, Gauth is related to Beholders. :D

Every Squirtle I get I name Bubbles. But Bubbles isn't exactly an ideal name for a Blastoise. Anybody know a good Blastoise name?

I wonder what a Blastoise's name would be, too. Nothing comes to mind. Torenshell (Torrential+Shell) comes to mind though.

"Also, does anyone have names for a Shiny Tyranitar (Fem.), Excadrill (Either), or Reuniclus (Either)?"

Only Zhaituki's Therazane for Ttar has worked for me. I'm still looking for suggestions though.

~AoH

Eveon said:
Every Squirtle I get I name Bubbles. But Bubbles isn't exactly an ideal name for a Blastoise. Anybody know a good Blastoise name?
Turok, maybe should fit on it.

I'm still searching names for my Garvanha, Spreal and Duskull. Shroomish already got name, Kirikaze. ^^

pokepro said:
Can someone please help me think of a nickname for my Gyarados, and my Gallade?
Gyarados = Poseidon or Neptulon
Gallade = Gilgamesh or Roffaldo

Looking for names for Shiny dragonite (Wish it was black and not dark green) and normal female Emboar (Ganon would fit male one but...)

I have a rather strange naming style, but here it is anyway.

For the Dragonite:
Kitsubasa- a combination of the Japanese words for "tree" and "wing"
Gidrak/Gidrako/Gidrakos- a combination of the Greek words of "earth" and "dragon"- also sounds like "giga"

For the Emboar:
Chovchoi/Chochoiron/Chovochoi- a combination of the Greek words for "ember" and "pig"
Porcolume/Porcochama- a combination of the Gaelic words for "fire" or "flame" and "pig"

Okay so I nicknamed all my Pokemon in Platinum and Pearl. Here's the one's from Platinum(some need some):
Male Craniados: Skulls
Female Craniados: Skullie
Male Craniados: Skull
Female Luxray: Static
Female Staraptor: Mercury
Female Rappidash: Vesta
Female Empoleon: Starie
Male Bibarel: Naws
Female Buneary: Love
Female Tropius: Mango Tree (don't ask why)
Male Hoothoot: Tik-tok
Male Ralts: Lance (for when he's a Gallade)
Female Duskull: Eerie
Female Bidoof: Chew
Female Roserade: Roserina
Female Kricketot: A Flat
Male Bibarel: Chewy
Male Magikarp: Need a nick name (it's level 90)
Female Chingling: Need a nick name
Female Steelix: Rusty
Male Wooper: Muddy
Female Medicham: Confusion(I so need a better nickname)
Female Pikachu: Need a nickname
Female Pichu: Need a nickname
Female Kricketune: Need a nickname
Hope I didn't bore you to death.

Please help!

Eveon said:

Neroek/Neroekri/Neroekrix/Neroekrixi- a combination of the Greek words for "water" and "blast"
Umika/Umikame/Kawaka/Kawakame- a combination of the Japanese words for "ocean" or "river" and "turtle"

@Snivylover- I don't think I can do the Magikarp because it would probably do well with a less serious name that the kind I give.

Chingling:
Pinponda- from the Japanese words for "ding dong"
Kushii- from the Japanese word "beautiful"

Medicham:
Polem/Polemi/Polemihiko- from the Greek words "warrior" and "psychic" (First two only include "warrior")
Karys/Karysichik- from the Lithuanian words "warrior" and "psychic" (First one is just the word "warrior")

I'm stopping now, partially because these names don't go with your theme at all. I particularly like Karys, but it probably wouldn't work with your naming style.

Back