Collecting The Foreign Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

ShimmeringIce

Elite Four Champion
Can I contribute too? I got my box of Wild Blaze today. I was surprised I didn't find a SR in it, I never knew before now that they weren't in every box. I guess I got really lucky with my X/Y Collection boxes since I pulled a FA from both of them. Kind of disappointing since I was looking forward to a FA, but oh well. :)

Mega Kangaskhan EX - RR
Magnezone EX - RR
Charizard EX - RR

7 R and I'm missing one U and three R to complete the set (minus RR,SR, and UR).

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
Soulwind said:
I opened 17 boxes of Wild Blaze (mostly for resale purposes) and pulled 9 SR as well as 2 UR.

A few months back it was agreed that UR were 1/6 boxes for JPN sets. I doubt they changed the pull rate so I probably had bad luck.

Ack! 17 boxes but only 9 SR and 2 UR?! That's... pretty abysmal... well not that bad, I mean only 6 boxes were duds, but I would wish that every box had at least 1 SR.

However, I think 1/6 sounds about right. That's like... 200$ or 300$ (if you buy from ebay...) for the boxes which is about equivalent to 1 in 3 English boxes which will be about 300$.

BlastoiseRules1

Aspiring Trainer
I'll be updating my pulls tomorrow. I finally pulled a UR Mega in my 2nd to last box. I didn't think I was gonna get one. TheSMGQuest pulled 2, WakeRunCollapse pulled 1, and StarCardCollector pulled atleast one. I think the UR Mega odds are about 1 per case of 20 booster boxes. I'm not kidding about this. Check how many of them are on Ebay. Not many at all. And they are raising in price to about $100 each on the UR Mega Charizards... :/

Dracidius

Aspiring Trainer
Don´t think it´s 1 per case.

It´s always been at least 1 complete set per case, even way back during the Neo Era if I recall correctly. The Shining Gyarados and Shining Magikarp from Neo 3 were 1:300 packs each, which equals 1 in 5 boxes = half a case (cases had 10 boxes back then).

I think SoundWind is right with around 1 in 6 boxes.

Shrike

Aspiring Trainer
So with the pull rates as they are and the resale value of EX cards, would those who bought a ton of boxes such as SoulWind and BlastoiseRules1 say that doing so is a better value to get the entire set versus just buying all the SR and UR cards? Considering doing that for the next set since at first glance it seems to work out far better in the long run.

Dracidius

Aspiring Trainer
If you´re buying a sealed case and sell off the extras it´s probably cheaper than buying all SRs and URs off of ebay. Wouldn´t buy any loose boxes in large quantity though, pretty unlikely to get a complete set, as you might get doubles for SRs and URs. From my experience with BW7 the cases are configured to have at least 1 of each SR and UR.

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Wild Blaze box 1

3 EXs
8 holos

Only missing 6 cards for 1-80 set.

007/080 Shiftry
011/080 CharizardEX
032/080 Heliolisk
035/080 Dusknoir
036/080 ToxicroakEX
038/080 Meowstic
053/080 Florges
056/080 Druddigon
065/080 MegaKangaskhanEX

BlastoiseRules1

Aspiring Trainer
MrSquarepants said:
How do you buy a case? I only see sealed boxes on ebay...

If you buy 20 Booster Boxes off of AmiAmi you will get a Sealed case.

Ok, everyone. I opened all 17 Booster boxes. I pulled.
UR Mega Charizard X x1 (In one of my last boxes. Didn't think I would pull a UR)...
Full-Art Charizard Ex x3
Full-Art Toxicroak Ex x2
Full-Art Kangaskhan Ex x2
Full-Art Lysandre x1
Charizard Ex x8
Magnezone Ex x9
Toxicroak Ex x9
Kangakhan Ex x9
Mega Charizard X (RR) x6
Mega Kangaskhan Ex (RR) x7

Total Ultra Rare Cards: 57 in 17 Booster Boxes
Or 3 Ex per box with one of every 3 Boxes having a 4th.

Solid Pulls! :)

Stu4488

Aspiring Trainer
Wow so that makes it seem like the trainer FA's are really rare but I'd still be gutted to pull one over a pokemon...am I a bad collector? Lol

Binx345

Verified Seller
blastoiserules, dracidious, or soul wind -

Do any of you guys know or remember what the odds of pulling a shiny in neo 4 destiny (Japanese) was?

I remember buying my 1st pack of that set, it was Japanese and a few years ahead of the US release. I had just enough allowance for 1 $10 pack, hoped for a shiny.....and pulled a shiny steelix. Still have that card today and it is just as mint. But with the mention of neo 3 shiny odds, I have always wondered what the odds were for neo 4.

BlastoiseRules1

Aspiring Trainer
Binx345 said:
blastoiserules, dracidious, or soul wind -

Do any of you guys know or remember what the odds of pulling a shiny in neo 4 destiny (Japanese) was?

I remember buying my 1st pack of that set, it was Japanese and a few years ahead of the US release. I had just enough allowance for 1 $10 pack, hoped for a shiny.....and pulled a shiny steelix. Still have that card today and it is just as mint. But with the mention of neo 3 shiny odds, I have always wondered what the odds were for neo 4.

Japanese Odds:
Neo 3: 2 Shiny's per Box of 60 packs (1:30)
Neo 4: 1 Shiny per Box of 60 packs (1:60)

Binx345

Verified Seller
Ok, then I am confused about neo 3 because of this

"The Shining Gyarados and Shining Magikarp from Neo 3 were 1:300 packs each" - from dracidous above post.

Thanks

Dracidius

Aspiring Trainer
2 Shinings per box is completely wrong for Neo 3, I´ve seen several box openings on youtube and not a single person pulled a Shining from their sealed box...those rates might be true for the English cards but definitely not the Japanese ones...

Only facts please, not assumptions.

My source for the pull rates for Neo3 is a site called wakaba.net that sold Japanese Pokemon cards since 1999, including high end promos. The owner of the shop opened several cases of each set. The site is now closed though.

Bulbapedia supports that statement: "Neo Revelation was the first set to introduce Shining Pokémon to the TCG: Shining Magikarp and Shining Gyarados. These quickly became very sought-after cards, and some American collectors paid over $250 for the Japanese versions before their English release. In Japan, the odds of finding one of these elusive cards in a Booster Pack were stated to be 300:1. "

source :http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Awakening_Legends_%28TCG%29

I´m always open to be corrected, but please state your sources.

BlastoiseRules1

Aspiring Trainer
Dracidius said:
2 Shinings per box is completely wrong for Neo 3, I´ve seen several box openings on youtube and not a single person pulled a Shining from their sealed box...those rates might be true for the English cards but definitely not the Japanese ones...

Only facts please, not assumptions.

My source for the pull rates for Neo3 is a site called wakaba.net that sold Japanese Pokemon cards since 1999, including high end promos. The owner of the shop opened several cases of each set. The site is now closed though.

Bulbapedia supports that statement: "Neo Revelation was the first set to introduce Shining Pokémon to the TCG: Shining Magikarp and Shining Gyarados. These quickly became very sought-after cards, and some American collectors paid over $250 for the Japanese versions before their English release. In Japan, the odds of finding one of these elusive cards in a Booster Pack were stated to be 300:1. "

source :http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Awakening_Legends_%28TCG%29

I don't have sources. I seriously thought those were the odds. My bad... :/

PokePhD

PokéBeach Verified Seller
Dracidius said:
I might be incorrect but here are my thoughts:

Bulbapedia states odds of 300:1 for Neo 3 Shinings. My first impression is that for every 300 cards you obtain there will be 1 Shining card. That is consistent with the odds of premium cards stated on the actual pack. It is also consistent with the notion that a Neo 3 box should contain (on average) 2 Shining cards. I don't know what the pull rates are; I have seen rates similar to what I describe but that isn't nearly a large enough sample size.

Dracidius

Aspiring Trainer
Where exactly on the pack did you find that information? There is no information about "odds of premium cards" on the packs. Just looked at mine.

PokePhD

PokéBeach Verified Seller
Dracidius said:
Where exactly on the pack did you find that information? There is no information about "odds of premium cards" on the packs. Just looked at mine.

You're right: on Neo 3 packs you won't find that information. But it is visible on the back of old English packs (a quick Google search should reveal this information). I don't have a physical pack in front of me (although oddly enough I do have Neo 3 packs) that shows the odds.

But to clarify: those odds of a "premium card" refer to the chance that you might pull a Holo Rare. I mentioned it because it refers to the odds such as 1:30 or 1:33 (meaning that a Holo Rare is roughly 1:3 packs). Similarly, the Bulbapedia article refers to the odds of a Neo 3 Shining as 1:300 (this could be interpreted as 1:30 packs). I don't know the intent of the writer nor do I know the facts (or legitimacy of the article) but I am putting the idea out there since it supports what I have seen in person.

EDIT: To answer your question: it is found on the back of old English packs in fine print. It might only be on WoTC prints.

Darkage

Aspiring Trainer
Thought I'd come on here and share what I got out of 8 Wildblaze booster boxes.
8 Boxes
1- UR Charizard X ex, Charizard ex, and Kangaskhan ex. 10 holos
2&3- Mega Charizard, Kangaskhan ex, and Magnezone ex. 10 holos
4- FA Charizard, Mega Kangaskhan, and Toxicroak. 10 holos
5- Mega Charizard, Kangaskhan ex, and Charizard ex. 9 holos
6- Mega Charizard, Toxicroak ex, and Magnezone ex. 9 holos
7- Mega Kangaskhan, Kangaskhan ex, and Magnezone ex. 11 holos
8- FA Charizard, Kangaskan ex, and Toxicroak ex. 10 holos

Was really happy with my pulls. I was surprised that I didn't get a box with 2 ex pulls or 4 ex pulls. From what I've seen on youtube japan/american box openers, I seen that the average was around 3 ex pulls 4 ex pulls was second behind that, and really the least amount was 2 ex pulls. First time opening japanese boxes so it kinda shocked me that you can get so much more with about half the price of an american box, which for me had about a average of 2 to 3 ex pulls. That or all of my booster boxes I've bought weren't great.