Collecting The English Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

PieterPie said:
seems about right, and i think it is actually 3X more rare now, not 2X
because i think people could get 2-4 per case before

This sucks. I've opened four boxes over time and only pulled one secret rare from them, the BCR Terrakion. Now it's seemingly even less likely to get me a badass gold-bordered secret. :(

they arent too expensive yet though, like i bought dusknoir shiny for $20
Rare candy is like $50 though
Virizion $35
egg $varies, I almost got to buy a lando ex for $5 and trade that for the shiny egg, but both people backed out :/

Also I feel like price and cards wise or proportionally or whatever, the gold secret full arts are more common in japanese packs than these, if you make 2 reshi/2zek equal to 1 of each of plasma blast shinies

About 4 People Pulled SRs During My Pre-Release, but there weren't many people so IDK the full rate since boxes haven't come out

1 of each was pulled at my prerelease, one of my friends judged and asked around. there were plenty people, maybe 80-100
24 boxes total, including prizes and packs for after, and for judges and stuff

My Pre-release was tiny. Like 50 People :p. But 1 of each in 24 Boxes seems about right. it was 2 in every case correct?
but Now there's like 1 per case approximately. In my Freeze Pre-release, there were an insane amount of shinies and SRs. about 18 or 19. But then again there were 200 people.

yeah, idk, but it just seems to me like there were 3 in the cases before, but im not sure because i havent opened a box in awhile.

I wouldn't say the gold cards from EX Battle Boost are more common than Secret Rares from Plasma Blast. Many members on PB have opened quite a few boxes without getting either one. Regardless, both sets are brand-new and it's hard to determine pull rates on such elusive cards. Keep in mind also that JPN cards are less expensive and you can buy about three boxes per one English box. This gives the illusion that JPN Ultra Rares are about 33% more common when in reality you are opening many more packs (solely because they are less expensive).

bulbasuar17 said:
My Pre-release was tiny. Like 50 People :p.

lel, my local shop when it does do pre-releases sees a maximum attendance of about nine people.
50 would be huge around where I live.

If I'm not mistaken, TPCi stated they wanted pull rates to be less predictable in boxes.

That could be why we are seeing pull rates all over the place for the latest set.

Well Hopefully My friends and I can split a box a few days after release So we can Post.
My friend will attend Another 2 Pre releases to check. He's already been to four so He'll be opening a total of 48 Packs.
He Has Started Taking Notes on these
Pre-Release 1: ~14 Boxes OPENED
84 People
8 Ace Spec
2 Secret Rares
16 EX
14 EX FA
14 FA Trainers

soulwind seems correct. Today at my league there was about 30 packs and 3 boxes leftover for sale, and 3 shinies were pulled! saw all of them get pulled...

Watched a PLB box opening on YouTube, they got -

Shiny Rare Candy
FA Virizion EX
FA Jirachi EX
Virizion EX
Palkia EX
G-Booster

Ryan Sinclair said:

Shiny Rare Candy
FA Virizion EX
FA Jirachi EX
Virizion EX
Palkia EX
G-Booster

How many pokemon catchers did he pull?

Pull Rates on Catcher REprint

Does anybody have a legit pull rate on catchers vs booster box?
I was hoping at least 4+

RE: Pull Rates on Catcher REprint

From what I've seen, it's anywhere between 2-5 per box, plus any RH you might get. I think this has been discussed already on this thread.

scattered mind said:
Ryan Sinclair said:

Shiny Rare Candy
FA Virizion EX
FA Jirachi EX
Virizion EX
Palkia EX
G-Booster

How many pokemon catchers did he pull?

Two.
He also got only three Ultra Ball.

Pokémon Catcher should have the same pull rate as any uncommon.

If you open a box of Plasma Blast, keep track of your uncommon cards and you'll likely notice low pull rates on several of them.

Thank you SoulWind for getting it. <3 Everytime I see "CATCHER WAS SHORTPRINTED IN EMERGING POWERS" I sigh.

Back