Collecting The English Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

I personally love Boundaries Crossed, it reminds me of Legend Maker a bit. It's my favourite B/W set by miles. I too plan to get a few boxes this summer of Boundaries crossed, would love a complete set. I will let you know what I get and maybe we can setup a trade

adam44 said:
what are the pull rates for boundaries crossed and next destinies?

These are the average pulls from a booster box:

Boundaries Crossed: 2-3 EXs, 1-2 Full Arts, 2 Ace Specs with a 1/3 chance of a secret rare
Next Destinies: 2-3 EXs, 1 Full Art with a 1/3 chance of a secret rare

Are you counting the ace specs are ultra rares?

Is it true that if you get a secret rare you won't get a full art?

Are the full art supporters Cheran, Skyla and Bianca harder to find then the full art ex's. Like 1 every 3 boxes?

I've had very good luck with boosters and pulling secret rares and full art supporters.

I've pulled 3 Professor Juniper full arts from boosters bought right of the shelf, also Skyla was in an old promo/sample pack on the shelf at Target. It was the only one on the shelf. A few days ago I bought the first 4 Plasma Blast boosters off the shelf and pulled Exeggcute secret rare, Gensect ex, and a holo. In 4 packs. My Rocky Helmet secret, Ghetsis Full Art and Colress Full Art all came from boosters. With 7 Full Art supporters and 2 secrets only Bianca came from the booster box.... I think I get the booster boxes because

1. It's fun to open a booster box
2. It's probably the only way to get some of the harder to find full art such as Deoxys, Landorus and Genesect.

MountainDrew said:
adam44 said:
So in a boundaries crossed box you get on average 5-7 ultra rares?

Yes :)
Wow that's alot, since I've only opened LTR-FF boxes, were you're lucky to get 5 xD

Maserati777 said:
Are you counting the ace specs are ultra rares?

Yeah, they are that right? because they are more rare than holo rares, that's why I call them ultra rare (maybe off-topic to talk about it here)

I don't know why Ace Specs are considered super/ultra rare, personally. You probably have the same chance to get a specific Ace Spec in a box as you do a specific regular holographic.

Well maybe in boosters but in this set since you are guaranteed 2 in a box and it doesn't seem like there's one harder to get then the other 3 you could easily get all 4 from two boxes. Personally I've pulled 21 ace specs from boosters and tins and only 4 or 5 of those were from boxes so for me they are probably as rare as some holo rares, or less rare. I opened up over 130 XY boosters and never saw one Vivillon.

In Freeze wheres theres only 2 ace specs I think you only get 1 per box but I have 4 of each, whereas from this set I only have 5, 4 from boxes so number of ace specs per set doesn't seem to change the rarity of them imo.

For rarity in Boundaries Crossed it seems like this
1. Some holos like Stoutland, Samurott and Tangrowth
2. Some holos like Flygon and Vileplume
3. Ace specs
4. Some holos like Charizard and Blastoise
5. Some ex's like Celebi, Keldeo and Black and White Kyurem
6. Some ex's like Landorus and Cresselia
7. Celebi full art, Cresselia Full Art, Black Kyurem Full Art, White Kyurem Full Art
8. Secret rares
9. Bianca Full Art, Skyla Full Art, Cheran Full art, Landorus Full art, Keldeo Full art

Yeah, I just got a Plasma Blast Box with only a Jirachi and Dialga EX, with an Iris FA. Talk about a waste of 50-70$.

Opened some Flashfire boxes and got what I've dubbed the "Charizard box"

Flash Fire:
Charizard EX 12
Charizard EX 13
M Charizard EX (X)
SR M Charizard EX (Y)
FA Charizard EX

Box 2:
Magneton EX
Toxicroak EX
FA Toxicroak EX
Charizard EX 13
Kangaskhan EX
FA Lysandre EX

Box 3:
Charizard EX 12
Kangaskhan EX
M Charizard EX (X)
M Kangaskhan EX
FA Kangaskhan EX
FA Pokemon Center Lady

My friend opened a box too (1 of the 8 he's opened) and only got 3 URs, which was weird because every other box we've opened had 5-6 in it.
FA Lysandre
Toxicroak EX
Kangaskhan EX

Opened a Flashfire box today

URs
Toxicroak EX
FA Magnezone
M-Charizard Y
M-Charizard X

I don't remember how many holos, but I did get a Pyroar, so thats nice.

I was a bit disappointed with only 4 URs (would've been nice to get a SR, but what're you gonna do), but I was pretty happy to get both mega charizards in the box. Luckily for me I pulled a FA Charizard out of a promo box, cause thats the card I was hunting for the most. Probably won't get another box - the only URs I'd be happy with getting duplicates of are the mega Charizards and the FA version, and knowing my luck my second box would probably be awful

Also opened an Arceus box, got the whole Arceus subset (which I hear is standard for that box, but I was still happy with)...

URs
Salamance Lv X, and two different Arceus Lv X and a shiny Milotic

And I got a few decent holos (Zapdos, Kabotops and a few others that I can't quite remember off the top of my head) but I did get a Charizard holo, which is the holo I wanted most.

So yeah, I was pretty happy with that box.

If I can justify spending a bit more, I might get a Supreme Victors box when I order my Furious Fists one

I recently opened a box of Boundaries Crossed, which I ordered following the rotation announcement. I got a nice set of UR pulls:

Landorus EX
Black Kyurem EX
Landorus EX [FA]
Skyla [FA]

Plus two Ace Specs (the Kyurem tools) and a handful of holos.

I can't imagine the pull rates will be much (if at all) different from Flashfire, but we should be getting some information soon once the set is released next week.

Ironman131, online has a formula as to pulls from packs as opposed to a general ratio for a box of cards, but I would be interested in a link to this.

I opened 4 boxes while I was gone from pokebeach, they were Plasma freeze, Plasma blast, Legendary treasures, and XY. My goal is to open at least 1 box of all sets BCR- on, so far missing FLF. These were my pulls.

Plasma freeze - Deoxys EX
Thunderus EX
Rock guard + Life dew
4x of most trainers. Horrid box IMO, but helped me build plasma.

Plasma blast - Virizion ex
Jirachi EX
Jirachi FA EX
Master ball
G booster
Dialga EX (?)
Kyurem EX
Scoop up cyclone. After this, I had 1 pack. I was already satisfied, but this last pack was amazing. I pulled...
Genesect EX Second best box I opened.

Legendary treasures - Black kyurem EX
Mewtwo ex
Zekrom ex
Chandelure ex
Some other boring, bad EXs and lots, LOTS of radiant collection FAs.

Xy - Emolga EX
Mega venusaur EX
My phone messed this up, but I am getting a FFI box soon, so watch out for that. Blastoise FA Ex I am getting a furious fists box soon, ao

Back