Collecting The English Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

RE: The "Pull Rates" Thread

Hi Everyone,
Again, should I buy the Pokemon booster packs online or at a local store? Which websites do you buy your booster packs from? THanks! I really need to get this thing over with, as I WILL BE BUYING 10 SINCE SCHOOL IS OVAAA TOMORROW!:)

NoDice said:
Thats not always true. My local shop only sells boosters for 17 cents less than the Walmarts around here... its a fairly newer shop only a year old or so.. so Im guessing the owner is trying to stay afloat by charging MSRP. Now if its an established shop then perhaps maybe they might offer cheaper prices, but I mainly buy online because you can always find awesome prices that beat most shops as well.

That's pretty lame.. Also, the walmarts/targets/toys r us here in california sell packs for 80 cents above msrp, or more (toys r us). But one shop sells them for $3.50 a pack, another for $4 each or 3 for $10,and another for $2.50 a pack (or 100 bulk cards a pack). While booster boxes range from $75 to $90 each. Usually $80 though.

Also, get packs from troll and toad, the anticipation will be awesome

So my friend and I are getting a booster box of DEX to split. I was wondering if those booster boxes were like the past ones in which each side always had generally always had the same amount of EXs on each side or is it random?

Sleeping Snorlax said:
So my friend and I are getting a booster box of DEX to split. I was wondering if those booster boxes were like the past ones in which each side always had generally always had the same amount of EXs on each side or is it random?

To expand on this, I'm wondering if it's like Supreme Victors and Arceus and other old sets where certain EXs come out of packs with specific Pokémon on them. (EX: Darkrai EX is pulled out of a Darkrai pack.)

Sleeping Snorlax said:

I'm pretty sure it's random. I got all three of my EX's out of the same side.

Teapot said:
To expand on this, I'm wondering if it's like Supreme Victors and Arceus and other old sets where certain EXs come out of packs with specific Pokémon on them. (EX: Darkrai EX is pulled out of a Darkrai pack.)

I got Darkrai EX FA out of a Venusaur pack, so I doubt it.

So I got a 1st ED Rocket set booster pack today, just the 1 pack, and pulled a 1st ED (OBV) Holo Charizard, was rather happy with opening it for that, considering the pack cost me less than £3

PokeGB said:
So I got a 1st ED Rocket set booster pack today, just the 1 pack, and pulled a 1st ED (OBV) Holo Charizard, was rather happy with opening it for that, considering the pack cost me less than £3

Nice!

Reading this thread makes me want to go buy some old-school booster packs.

Since I'm posting, I may as well mention I opened my Legendary Collection box. The boxtopper was Dark Blastoise and my girlfriend and I pulled a Holo Charizard as well as a Reverse Holo Charizard. :D

SoulWind said:
Nice!

Reading this thread makes me want to go buy some old-school booster packs.

Since I'm posting, I may as well mention I opened my Legendary Collection box. The boxtopper was Dark Blastoise and my girlfriend and I pulled a Holo Charizard as well as a Reverse Holo Charizard. :D

how many reverse energy retrievals did you get? and, are you willing to trade any?

CarlosDuranJr said:
how many reverse energy retrievals did you get? and, are you willing to trade any?

Only one which I couldn't trade. :p I have my extras listed on my trade thread though. :)

I bought 7 POP 5 packs recently, and out of the first 4 packs, I pulled 2 Umbreon Gold Star cards :D

Obviously this is not normal, but what do you think the Pull Rate is for each star card?

Card Name: Espeon Gold Star
Expansion Set: POP 5
???/??? : 16/17

Card Name: Umbreon Gold Star
???/??? : 17/17

Does anyone know how many ex's I should expect in a box of the old ex series cards?

I understand some of the sets are different but any insight would be appreciated! :)

Daelum said:
I bought 7 POP 5 packs recently, and out of the first 4 packs, I pulled 2 Umbreon Gold Star cards :D

Obviously this is not normal, but what do you think the Pull Rate is for each star card?

Card Name: Espeon Gold Star
???/??? : 16/17

Card Name: Umbreon Gold Star
???/??? : 17/17

I heard it was 1 out of 50 packs or so.

SoulWind said:
Does anyone know how many ex's I should expect in a box of the old ex series cards?

I understand some of the sets are different but any insight would be appreciated! :)

I always thought it was 1 to 2 exs per older boxes, but 3 to 4 for the newer sets (CG, PK, etc).

I feel that the change occurred when Gold Stars found there place consistently in every set. The main Ultra Rares became the Gold Stars, so it was okay to give a few more ex cards per box as they weren't considered as rare and there were more per set.

Well, you pull a Reverse Holo in every pack :p
But I really don't know about normal Rare Holos. I've never heard anybody talk about the pull rates for those :eek:

For Lv. X's though, I'd say 3 on average. I really don't have any other proof for this other than average reasoning :/

Holos are like 1 in 4 packs. You usually get all of them or all but one in a box. For Lv.Xs, I got two in my box. IT was 2 Lv.X, 2 Rotom, and a Pikachu.

593462 said:
What is the pull rate of an EX in Dark Explorers? Specificaly Kyogre.

You pull an Ultra Rare roughly one in every 12 packs (Including FAs).

There are 6 different ex's so you should expect one Kyogre EX in 72 Booster packs. :)

But then we can go down to the fact some EX's are easier to pull, some were produced more. Like for instance Darkrai EX is harder to pull than Raikou EX.

Back