XY The Dumbest Thing You Did in Pokémon Games?

RE: What is the dumbest thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

I think the worst I have done was enter the E4 in Red version with a level 20 Oddish on my team. On my final battle with Gary, all of my Pokés fainted except that lone Oddish. Turns out that he was immune to every attack the opposing Venusaur knew. As a result, my frail little plant was able to win the fight for me. Took about an hour of monotonous game play and I was bored to death.

RE: What is the dumbest thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

I accidentally released a Chespin that was holding my Destiny knot last week. . .
Luckily there's more than one.

I remember playing pokemon silver till the batteries would run out. Then one day, I LOST EVERYTHING!! I was so devastated I didn't want to pick up another pokemon game again. It took me a couple of years until I got back into pokemon.

The usual dumb thing I do is getting too reliant on one or two Pokemon that I like. I just stick them in the front of the team and use them incessantly ... then I get to a gym I can't trump and have to back up, go to a Center, find a Pokemon that has advantage, and level grind it. Have I mentioned how much I love the new EXP Share?

Strangely, in X, it worked for me ... my Delphox and Lapras pretty much smoked the E4 and Champion.

Hmmm the dumbest thing I've done in a Pokémon game? Back in Generation III, I never understood the concept of breeding. I thought that breeding the same type, or replica of Pokémon would produce the baby with a random egg move! I did experiment that but the baby ended up getting the father's TM moves LOL XD!!

I did the same thing for breeding a couple of Pikachu, I thought the the offspring Pichu would have an egg move but it ended up, having the father's TM moves! Man that was awkward I was a noob back then, I educated myself on the concept of Pokémon breeding, now I understood that there are species that breed with some species, and these species either be a male or female, if it is a male then it passes the move to the offspring, if it is a female then the offspring becomes same as its mother species.

The dumbest thing I've done in pokemon was something I didn't do in the first pokemon game I owned, Yellow, which I got when it first came out.
I never finished Yellow's elite four when I was a kid. I shall forever carry this shame. Q___Q

I have two dumbest things for the first two Gens:

Pokémon Red: In my very first playthrough, I knew nothing about Pokémon. NOTHING. I didn't know about evolutions, legendaries or such things. I was trying to catch a wild Onix, and in my desperation I threw my Masterball at it. When I found Mewtwo, I thought that only the Masterball could catch it. Guess what? I started a NEW GAME. Only to find out later that Mewtwo can be caught with Ultraballs.

Pokémon Silver: I played this wonderful game in my Gameboy Pocket. In my way to the Lake of Rage, I found a Butterfree and the sparkles appeared. I knew nothing about shinies back then, so I ran. Then I found the "Red Gyarados" in the Lake of Rage, and then I realized that I ran from a Pink Butterfree. (I've never encountered a Shiny since then :()

In my Pokemon Leafgreen game, I had a Venusaur as my strongest Pokemon. When I was on the PC looking at my Venusaur's stats, I saw an option called "Release". I was curious what release meant, so I tried it on my Venusaur and it disappeared. I kind of got frustrated because I didn't know it meant to delete that Pokemon.:(

I recently reset my Pearl Edition for DS Lite. I had two Palkias and a Zekrom I got from using the time machine in Pokemon White. I should have traded them to my wife's Diamond temporarily. Now I have to redo it all.

Agent26_PokePolice said:
I recently reset my Pearl Edition for DS Lite. I had two Palkias and a Zekrom I got from using the time machine in Pokemon White. I should have traded them to my wife's Diamond temporarily. Now I have to redo it all.

...It's impossible to get Zekrom in Pearl.

Might have been another pokemon but I swear it was Zekrom. Not like its possible to prove it now since I reset both games last weekend. Also, nothing is impossible. You can rewrite anything if you have the knowledge and skill.

You can't write Zekrom in Pearl, though, because Zekrom's coding and info don't exist in Gen IV games.

Anyway, the dumbest thing I've done is fall asleep while playing and lose 2 badges worth of data. That wouldn't be that bad on its own, but I've done it 3-4 times, and another 1-2 I've lost 10 caught Pokemon, 5 eggs and a few evolutions because of that same thing. I even lost a legendary catch once.

My wife got tired of me complaining when I woke up to that so she makes me save every 30 mins lol

I fell asleep on top of my 3DSXL and well... It died.. :( Luckily Nintendo made more.

This didn't happen to me, but my cousin used a Master Ball on an Onix in Pokemon Blue. He didn't know there was only one. Also, this was an accident, but I dropped my Gold version and lost my team of all almost level 100 Pokemon. That team was awesome, I still remember all of them! Another accidental thing I did was KOing my own Registeel in a double battle (used earthquake not knowing it hits everyone).

I can't really think of anything I did on purpose that I really regret! If I do, I'll probably end up making another post. I'm sure it happened sometime...

Just recently deleted my White save file to do a nuzlocke. Took me no longer than 5 seconds to remember I had a shiny Shellder on it.

AwesomeReshiram said:
Just recently deleted my White save file to do a nuzlocke. Took me no longer than 5 seconds to remember I had a shiny Shellder on it.

Shiny Shellder now only takes 15-30 minutes to obtain, no party foul here.

PokeChimpo said:
AwesomeReshiram said:

Shiny Shellder now only takes 15-30 minutes to obtain, no party foul here.

Yeah but it was my first wild encounter shiny.

Just recently I had finally gotten back my Meloetta from my cousin who some how took it and I was so excited and all that I accidentally traded over my 2nd favourite Pokemon (My 2nd ever shiny and it was a Gallade, my 2nd favourite Pokemon) and then my cousin somehow broke his DS. Which I know it isn't hard to get new shinies, but that one had a lot of sentimental value.

Probably not my dumbest, but just today I accidentally broke my 3rd successful chain of 40 ever while resetting for a shiny on Platinum. It was a chain for ponyta. ;_;

Back