XY The Dumbest Thing You Did in Pokémon Games?

RE: What is the dumbest / most mindless thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

Caught Hoppip with a Master Ball in Silver. I had just thrown my last regular Poke Ball and it didn't stay in, so I did it again absent-mindedly. I prayed, loudly, for the Hoppip to break free....

RE: What is the dumbest / most mindless thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

The dumbest thing I ever did was on LeafGreen. It was the very first Pokemon game I ever played. I used the Master Ball to catch a level 12 Onix. Later I released it. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I had so much trouble catching Suicune because of it :/.

I transferred a lot of my good Pokemon from my Heartgold to Diamond to balance the files. They were some of my favourite Pokemon, and I was going to send them back. However, I wanted to do a Nuzlocke so I reset my Diamond, killing a lot of my Pokemon, including event Pokemon and stuff. I later realized what I had done and got mad. lol

I think the dumbest thing that I've done on a game is this [and it's true]:

So I have a tendency to have one version of the game saved for the pokedex, while the other I replay again and again. In Black, on my 3rd playthrough, I encountered a shiny Scraggy. Cool, right? I got Pokerus that same day. Then I put Black down for three months, decided to play again, deleted my saved data, and found a sheet of paper in the case that said, "Don't delete save file! Shiny Scraggy and Pokerus!" This was when I put the game back in the case after playing for an hour.

While I found Pokerus again, I will never both with a shiny Scraggy. I have a Natu to make up for it.

One of the dumbest thing I've done was trying to evolve Rhydon to Rhyperior.I trained it until reached Lv. 99 only to find out that it had to be traded holding the thing I don't remember now. I almost did the same with Magmar.

Not having ether before challenging the elite four. I ended up restarting because I ran out of PP.

Back in the day, I used to never look online to see all the new pokemon, I just "discovered" them as I went through the game. Well...in Ruby, I forget the name of the cave but it's the one that has the small room where you can catch Bagon. I went in the room, ran into Bagon and literally said, "That looks cool and all, but I already have my main 6" so I just ran from it and used an escape rope. DUMBEST THING I EVER DID!!!

AdamLambert said:
I was playing Sapphire Version, and I encountered a wild Wurmple. It was a shiny Wurmple. I caught it, looked at it, then released it because I thought it was a glitch. I didn't know about shinies back then. I was so stupid... lol.

I have a shiny bug type. In my White game, I got bored and erased and forgot I had it in my box.

In emerald I defeated Groudon and I forgot to save before the battle, so it was gone forever. Now I save like every five minutes because of it.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
In emerald I defeated Groudon and I forgot to save before the battle, so it was gone forever. Now I save like every five minutes because of it.
I save like every second... >_<

Sheriff_K said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:

I only save when something important happens.

I found a Ruby version in my backyard (my dad's a car dealer, I find all sorts of goodies very now and then) which had two Jirachi's, and little 10 year-old fascinated by every Pokemon me traded one of them for a Nidoqueen....a freaking Nidoqueen. I never even used the damn thing, and I can't quite remember where the other Jirachi is -_-

cJXNi.jpg

This nicely sums up the use of my very first Master Ball

What is the dumbest / most mindless thing that you have done in a Pokémon gam...

Sheriff_K said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:

Me too! Got into the habit after playing Pokémon on my GameBoy Pocket which had an appalling battery life. Not only that but because I lost the back to the battery compartment I often accidentally knocked the batteries out... Bad times. :')

The most dumbest thing that happened to me was I got my first pokemon game which was ruby. You know how in the beginning of the game you start in a truck and you have to get out? Well, I was stuck there for TWO HOURS. I must of been really dumb or did not even see the freaking arrow pointing to the right telling to get out. I was just there clicking on all the boxes around me and didn't know what to do. I even had to tell my sister to help me lol.

My first Pokemon game, coming across my second legendary, Mewtwo. I used my Masterball on my first encounter, Articuno (at LEAST I actually used it on a legendary) so I didn't have that. I for some reason didn't understand the concept of saving before something important happens as a kid. So I encounter the Mewtwo, weaken it, accidentally killed it, and that was the end of it. And then later one of my friends tells me Mewtwo comes back after a while, which I check back numerous times, and of course there was nothing.

Also this doesnt really count as a dumb mistake, but I encountered a shiny gold geodude once that exploded itself.

Not getting BW2, coz it means I will have to get perfect mon easily available in XY for mon in BW2.

I accidentally deleted one of most favorite runs of all the main series games.
It was Heart Gold, and I was playing as Lyra with my ex's name. I even had a Shiny Rattata and a Shiny Girafarig in that game.
Really miss that game now.

Not something I did dumb, but I did realize just how horrible my luck is when I encountered a Shiny Starly in Lake Verity, in a Platinum run.
Well, unlucky because at that time, I had just received my starter and had no access to Pokéballs whatsoever.
I facepalmed myself for about 10 minutes straight afterwards.

when I was 8 (I think) in heart gold not only did I beat ho oh(didn't catch) I can't even remember what I did with my master ball (I think I used on a donophan or something dumb) also I found a shiny nidoran male and I forgot to damage it before I threw my only 2 poke balls I had 5 but I used 3 on a ditto (SUPID DITTO)

The derpiest thing I have ever done was in Gold with the clone glitch in the boxes. I cloned my level 90 something typhlosion 6 times and took them to the elite 4. Not only did Lance destroy me, but I forgot which Ty was my original :(

Back