Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

Not sure if this is the right place, but does anyone know were I can pre-order a Mega Metagross or Mega Diance Premium Collection in the U.S? Searched the web and only UK sellers have the Mega Metagross collection for pre-order, and after conversion it's like $60.

Did you try Amazon or Ebay or a major retailer like Walmart or a card shop?:) Also try 2nd hand stores. Sometime people decide they don't want them and pawn them.:)

Kind of hard to find a product that hasn't been released yet in second hand stores... >_>

No I mean that some people buy them just to sell them for double the price. That is why I mentioned those places as well. They might not be there but you never know where they will show up.:)

In theory the M. Metagross EX Collection won't be released until next week. Still retailers have been known to bring stuff out a bit early so you might find it.

M. Diancie EX Collection isn't scheduled until January 15th or something like that. It'll be a while before anyone can worry about this one.

Pokemon BW Promos Elgyem and Meowth

are there holo versions of the promos BW55 Elgyem and BW35 Meowth or are they only non holo?

RE: Booster Boxes

You probably won't get cards worth $93 so it depends on if you enjoy opening packs and if it's worth the extra money.
if not then it's cheaper to buy singles

I would say it is worth it.

-All of the EX's in Phantom Forces are good.

-While the Rares might leave a bit to be desired, there are a good amount of playable Common's and Uncommon's. Skarmory, Joltik, Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Wobbuffet are all pretty decent for newcomers.

-Great for getting the Trainers you need, as this set features Professor Sycamore, Shauna, Double Colorless, Roller Skates, and VS Seeker. All of these Trainer cards can work well in all decks. As for the other Trainers, they are all good as well, though a bit more constricted, meaning that they aren't the best idea for EVERY deck.

-Great Artwork!

I don't know if parents would buy booster boxes for kids. They might buy a couple of packs, more or less depending on if they think you're really passionate about the playing the card game and entering tournaments or if it's going to waste their money and you're not even going to keep them or take good care of them.

I know my parents would have never bought me a booster box, they don't think it has any real value to it and think I'll get bored of them eventually.

I personally don't think it's worth it for a booster box nowadays because I only collect, and ultra pull rates have been so hit or miss...

You can try to convince your parents but if not I say ask them for enough money to buy the cards you really want. A lot of the singles are pretty cheap. None of the really rare cards in Phantom Forces are worth over 40$. If you really set your heart on getting some packs but your parents won't buy you a box, go to your local comic shop or Gamestop and buy the packs there. The reason being is that, they are .25 cents cheaper most of the time. Five Below is doing a buy one get one 50% off though on Black Friday.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST... here are my reasons I wouldn't buy a Phantom Forces box.

My friends both got boxes.

Box 1 (value of cards 50-60$)
Full Art: AZ
EX: Manetric, Gengar, Malamar
Holos: 5

Box 2 (value of cards up to 40-50$)
EX: Mega Gengar , Florges, Aegislash, Dialga
Holos: 6

Now here's why I would buy a box from this set...

Secret: Silver Dialga (about 30$)
Full Arts: Gengar (15$), Florges (9$), Xerosic (12$)
EX: Florges (5$), Manetric (15$)
Holos: 5 (up to 5$)
Overall Value: almost 100$!!!

For more box pull rates, please check out the English Booster Box pull rates thread!

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-the-english-booster-box-pull-rates-thread

sealed pocket monsters gift set worth?

i know nothing about this game but found this sealed pocket monsters team rocket gift box set dated 1995-1996 .i cant find much info on it and just want to know the current value of it if anyone knows .thanks

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 40
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 34
Is it a full deck or is it a display box? Decks run even now about the same price but a full box is upwards of $100.00 possibly more but not sure though.:)

It is a Team Rocket Gift Pack from 1997. It contains two decks, a play mat, and perhaps a few other less notable contents.

Hard to put a price on it but it's at least $100-150.

No I don't think it is that high. 2 decks is roughly $25.00 and with extras probably around $40.00 with the play mat and other stuff included. That is more what it is worth since they can be bought online if you find the right online store like Ebay.:)

pocopunk said:
i know nothing about this game but found this sealed pocket monsters team rocket gift box set dated 1995-1996 .i cant find much info on it and just want to know the current value of it if anyone knows .thanks

I would listen to PokePhD because he is a big time collector and does selling and not the other one, whose advice has been questionable at best.

Back