Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

Another question, from what I've read so far, TrollandToad is a pretty crappy/unreliable place to buy singles?

Their 'near mint' is just different from my 'near mint'. Their cards are often damaged or curved.

Riraito said:
Their 'near mint' is just different from my 'near mint'. Their cards are often damaged or curved.

hahaha
That sums it up well enough for me, thanks.

Want to start collecting the Japanese XY sets again. Saw that Poly_100 sells five boxes of Wild Blaze for 193$. Is this a good price?
Yes, I'm a noob.

Jungletoad said:
Want to start collecting the Japanese XY sets again. Saw that Poly_100 sells five boxes of Wild Blaze for 193$. Is this a good price?
Yes, I'm a newbie.

Do you mind buying from Japan? If not, I'd go for AmiAmi which has boxes for around $25 each.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGM-5242&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dwild+blaze%24pagemax%3D20%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

You can pay with paypal, it automatically converts USD (or anything else) to JPY.

Flashfire promos XY11 Skiddo and XY12 Honedge are in stores.

omahanime said:

And there on ebay in lots of 5 of the blisters already

The-Kaiser said:
omahanime said:

But some eBayers price gouge and may not ship till release date.

Not sure if this really fits in this topic...

Is there like a database of sorts showing pictures of packs in the cardboard blisters? Our Wal-Mart had Flashfire packs, so I decided to get some. I picked out the two pack arts I wanted, but when I checked the side of the blister to see the packs within, well... Let's just say Flashfire makes that difficult since everything looks like fire.

or, in a more understandable format since I made that way too confusing:

-The pack art shown on cardboard blisters is different from the pack itself
-The only way to see what pack is actually inside is by looking through the sides
-Almost of Flashfire's pack art look same-y from the side
-I'm wondering if anyone knows a place that would have pictures of what the packs look like from the side to make deciphering easier

Of course, I then went on to buy all four pack arts, making the whole thing a needless waste of time, lol. I've got half a mind to take pictures myself in case anyone else has the same issue. But I don't always buy packs day one, so it doesn't seem it would come in handy all that much.

omahanime said:
The-Kaiser said:

But some eBayers price gouge and may not ship till release date.

True but check out these listings:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-6-Pokemon-XY-Flashfire-Blister-Packs-with-3-Boosters-Each-More-SEALED-/201083879134?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ed1887ede

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-6-Pokemon-XY-Flashfire-Promo-Card-Blister-Packs-with-Boosters-SEALED-/171318099966?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e35abffe

Hi guys... does anyone know if pokemon fan club is in either of the flashfire theme decks?

Archa000x said:
Hi guys... does anyone know if pokemon fan club is in either of the flashfire theme decks?

It is in both x2

RE: Booster Pack Price Hike?

beebahboo said:
Well, you can't beat $2.50 a pack with free shipping. Here.
Use the code "Free Ship" to get shipping that's "free" (like .30).
:D

Edit: Wow, this sounds like an advertisement haha

I was going to suggest the same place. I know some people are iffy buying packs via online due to the fear of packs being weighed and receiving only the crappy ones but I've had several phenomenal pulls from packs bought from there.

Way better than paying the $2+ more for each booster.

Hello! New here.....have a question about this Flashfire set.

I tried searching for this info, but it didn't come up with any results, but what I'm wanting to know is what is the difference on the Mega cards in this set? I've pulled 2 Mega Charizard X and 1 Mega Kangaskhan and they all appear to be "regular print". The only difference I've been able to see is the the numbering and the Japanese writing across the character.

RE: Hello! New here.....have a question about this Flashfire set.

Megiddo_Flare said:
I tried searching for this info, but it didn't come up with any results, but what I'm wanting to know is what is the difference on the Mega cards in this set? I've pulled 2 Mega Charizard X and 1 Mega Kangaskhan and they all appear to be "regular print". The only difference I've been able to see is the the numbering and the Japanese writing across the character.

The only difference between regular Mega cards and secret Mega cards is that the secret ones have gold border. Secret cards also have different numbers - for example - regular Mega Kangaskhan is 79/109, and the secret one is 109/106.

I'm in need of a Binder and Pocket Pages to store my Mewtwo TCG Collection and a few other cards. I want to be able to put my cards into Ultra Pro Sleeves and then into the Binder Pockets, ideally it may be referred to as a 'Double-Sleeve', for further protection.

Does anyone know which 9 Pocket Pages will allow for me to do this?
I've been looking at the Ultra Pro Platinum A4 Side-Loading Pages, will these be sufficient?
Also, does anyone know of any Mewtwo Themed Binders that are available?

Thanks for reading! :D

Pritpal said:
I'm in need of a Binder and Pocket Pages to store my Mewtwo TCG Collection and a few other cards. I want to be able to put my cards into Ultra Pro Sleeves and then into the Binder Pockets, ideally it may be referred to as a 'Double-Sleeve', for further protection.

Does anyone know which 9 Pocket Pages will allow for me to do this?
I've been looking at the Ultra Pro Platinum A4 Side-Loading Pages, will these be sufficient?
Also, does anyone know of any Mewtwo Themed Binders that are available?

Thanks for reading! :D

I use Ultra Pro Platinum pages. I'm not a fan of the side loading pages, they just have a bigger opening for more dust to get into the pocket. For my rares/holos/etc. and special collections I use KMC perfect fit sleeves and then double sleeve with Ultra Pro "Deck Protector" sleeves. As far as a binder goes, I just get the $2 black 1" Avery binders. All of this fits my needs perfectly, and I'm pretty intense about caring for my collection.

Back