Community The Beach Member Picture Thread

RE: Beach Member Picture Thread (Please don't quote images!)

ArceusTrainer said:
Hard lyfe
XjUEwP7.jpg
(Pic was taken 2 years ago at a summer camp)

Drowning in it.

Here is a picture of me (At this moment in time)
[attachment=7319]

Attachments

• IMG_20140126_200737.jpg
    IMG_20140126_200737.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 58

Drohn said:
A picture of myself after my recent haircut (as requested). The picture was taking 5 minutes ago. I'm at my internship now. :p First time I got a haircut in Japan, too! :) I planned on letting it grow again, but decided to cut it after all.

Just got around to following the link Droawn (sorry). Oh how long I've waited for this true sexiness to come back. Just poifect.

*tears of joy*

um haven't done this in like 2 years so here yah go:

Holy Mackerel! Nice pic :p

Me and my fabulous Fat-Cat :D

Attachments

• 1476556_632686880103174_687521542_n.jpg
    1476556_632686880103174_687521542_n.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 190935_191086244263242_6703928_o.jpg
    190935_191086244263242_6703928_o.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 42

For those who haven't heard the news, Cap'n Luke got into a spot of trouble earlier this week. :< We're not sure how it happened, but a couple days ago he managed to break the humerus in his front right leg. Yesterday we took him to an emergency care center where he underwent surgery to put a pin in the bone to keep it in place while it heals.

EZRwADe.jpg

He came home yesterday evening, partially shaved and doped to the gills. This morning he was a bit more lucid - used his litter, ate some food - but he's back to sleeping now. He'll have to stay confined for the next 6 weeks to stop him from jumping and climbing and running and other horseplay to make sure the bone heals properly. We ordered a large-ish kennel online at the suggestion of the surgeon, one that can hold a bed, his food and water, and a small litter box, but in the meantime we made a makeshift kennel out of kitchen chairs and a blanket, kind of like a kitty blanket fort.

oEbt5m7.jpg

Kitty updates!

Cap'n Luke's bandage came off yesterday, and he started licking his stitches, so, sadly, he must now wear the Cone of Shame.

z2wuhKN.jpg

Poor boy. :< Even the smallest size they had is a bit too big for him, but he's learning to get along okay with it. We give him breaks from it occasionally, but as soon as he starts licking the wound again, it goes back on. Hopefully this should only be necessary for a couple more days, though at the latest, his stitches will be removed next Monday and he should be safe then.

The kennel we ordered arrived bright and early this morning. We set it up nicely with his favourite wolf blanket all folded up for a nice bed, litter in one corner and his food and water dish in another.

XESeE2h.jpg

This... did not work so well. He was fine at first, but then he started pawing at the edges, trying to get out, trying to shove his head (cone and all!) through the bars. Then he got even more crazy and jumped up clinging to the top bars, trying to escape that way. He started violently digging at his litter and blanket, spilling litter and water all over and making a huge mess. I was really terrified he'd hurt himself, so we let him out and cleaned him up (the wet litter was melting into a goop on his back paws) while thinking of another solution.

This is attempt #2:

f5DHcfA.jpg

We temporarily removed the food, water, and litter to give him more space, and spread the wolf blanket all over the bottom (theo ther blanket got wet and dirty from the litter and is currently in the wash). We also covered the top, back, and sides with the same blanket we used over the blanket fort, hoping this will stop him from jumping and pawing to get out as much, making the kennel feel more like a nest, a safe spot, and not able to see as much outside to make him want to escape. So far, it seems to be working, though that might just be because the pain pill are fully kicked in now so he's extra dopey.

Well this was totally unplanned. I'm a walking, talking German flag today. My ancestors would be proud.

66meqw.jpg

steffenka said:

Your second picture made my eyes water slightly, your cat looks like my late kitty Homer. Had the big fluffball since both of us were babies, and he sadly passed 5 years ago.

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
Well this was totally unplanned. I'm a walking, talking German flag today. My ancestors would be proud.

*snip*

I've always wondered what the guy I've been trading with looks like...

After all this time I finally know lol :3

Axell Starr said:
steffenka said:

Your second picture made my eyes water slightly, your cat looks like my late kitty Homer. Had the big fluffball since both of us were babies, and he sadly passed 5 years ago.

Sorry about that :(
We've had a kazillion cats (at different times), but every single one has gone missing, except Fat-Cat, or Dolf as he really is called :)

The other picture of him was a little old so here's a more up to date picture of him laying on his food[attachment=7329] :)

Attachments

• 22e64c505e4e3988a94052eb49cd0337.jpg
    22e64c505e4e3988a94052eb49cd0337.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 36

#DrohnRocks
Just got the parcel today! Will stay on my shelf for a million years.

tumblr_n3es9yOdLN1snsyxqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n3es9yOdLN1snsyxqo2_1280.jpg

Delta said:
#DrohnRocks

PokeCenter stuff is always nice, but it always makes me sad to think we'll probably never have one in the good ol' USA ;-;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uppbauhtenqdoq3/Meh.png <-- Try ignoring the bright red phone.

DevinTheWelf said:
Delta said:
#DrohnRocks

PokeCenter stuff is always nice, but it always makes me sad to think we'll probably never have one in the good ol' USA ;-;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uppbauhtenqdoq3/Meh.png <-- Try ignoring the bright red phone.

I thought there was one in NY some years back. I'm probably mistaken.

Axell Starr said:
I thought there was one in NY some years back. I'm probably mistaken.

Well, there was one opened in NY in 2001, but then in 2005 they replaced it with a Nintendo world store :/ Sadly back then I had no interest in going to it (yet I actually LIVED in NY at the time). If only time travel was possible so I could go slap some sense into my past self.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8g3oj54i4d57etq/IMG_20140320_151346.jpg <-- Here's a picture of my 1 and a half year old brother eating popcorn.

If you want things from the Pokémon Center you can use my pickup service. I have a link to it in my signature. I took many pictures of the things they have.

Back