Team PokéBeach

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
RE: Team PokéBeach - Join Now!

Its called Flame Orb, but I recommend Toxic Orb to abuse Facade and Guts more.

Starmie should be 252 speed, not defense. It is meant to be a sweeper and therefore needs speed.

Joeypals!!

Do you loooooves me? <3

Gotcha. Now I think I should incorporate a Bug type like Scizor. Something like this?
Scizor (252 Atk., 34 Speed, 224 HP)
Ability: Technician
Item: Life Orb
Moves: Bug Bite
Bullet Punch
Brick Break
Swords Dance

sonicyellow

Fluttershy <3

Scizor actually isn't that fast and cant outspeed much, so it doesn't need that much speed.

Joeypals!!

Do you loooooves me? <3

Gotcha. I'll just wait for someone else's opinion though. It helps with multiple opions to be honest. ;) *couchBigcoughcoughcoughBrothercoughcoughcough* Sorry, swallowed a bug.

ArmaldoEX

Pokemon Rose Scripter

dragonexpert said:
Its called Flame Orb, but I recommend Toxic Orb to abuse Facade and Guts more.

It doesn't matter though, since both of the items still activates Guts and Facade. Flame Orb is preferred, so that after Guts is activated with Flame Orb, the user can be a Trick-counter.

And the Scizor really wants Bug Bite over U-turn. U-turn will contradict the usage of SD, since U-turn automatically cancels out the SD boost. And, you have too many EVs on Scizor, since it's past 510.

Shade Daroach

I'd like in;

I'm pretty into battling. I need some practice, but I'm not to shabby at playing. I have played for a long peroid during the D/P era, but then I quit for a while and Platnuim came along with new faces to OU like Scizor and Latias, so I've had to adjust to them being in the meta-game.

Team can be found here. Working on making it better, wouldn't mind any critics to come and help the team along.

I use all the clauses specified in general play as I don't think that there is anything wrong with what they are and stand for.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

If you build a new team when you are on the Smogon Server Bug Bite is available. I don't know if Pokebeach's server is updated with them

The Fallen One

COWER, MORTALS

Here's my latest RMT: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=66525

Have at it.

Joeypals!!

Do you loooooves me? <3

I didn't know Scizor had Bug Bite! I still prefer U-turn though. Also, the EVs are too much. I'll just correct it.

The Fallen One

COWER, MORTALS

Yeah, in HG/SS Scizor gets Bug Bite. Actually from what I've heard, not only does it have more PP and Power than U-Turn, but it also eats berries up. Perfect for killing a Babiri(sp?) TTar.

Joeypals!!

Do you loooooves me? <3

OK, it's edited. :) Now, I was thinking of adding a good ghost in here. (Gengar?) Any suggestions?

The Fallen One

COWER, MORTALS

Joeypals!! said:
OK, it's edited. :) Now, I was thinking of adding a good ghost in here. (Gengar?) Any suggestions?

Gengar isn't necessarily what I would call a "good ghost." It's very fragile, and while it does have potential to hit hard, it doesn't always do so in my experience. The Rotom appliances could be considered good ghosts, though. Rotom-h is the most popular.

Shade Daroach

You could try Dusknoir. Base 135 Def and Sp.Def is nothing to laugh at, so you can swap into pretty much anything and drop a Will-O-Wisp and burn the potential threat.

ArmaldoEX

Pokemon Rose Scripter

I propose a new topic, if I may.

With Pokemon like Scizor, Latias, and now Manaphy coming into the metagame in recent months, how has the metagame change before they were buffed? What happened to the likes of Tangrowth being a standard Physical Wall, Cresselia as either kinds of walls? Or how about Pokemon like Aerodactyl, becoming a suicide lead rather than a Physical Sweeper, or Articuno which became a utility Pokemon in the past, now being dumped to the lower tiers?

Discuss!

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

I have already noticed an increase in the amount of rain and sandstorm teams. I never have seen a Tangrowth yet, no matter what tier I am playing. Cresselia I still see a fair amount of the time. Blissey seems to be more popular to me since it gets such high Special Defense. I run Rain Dance on my Aerodactyl for set up once I get SR in play. I haven't seen an increase in the amount of Latias since Manaphy became OU, but I expect it to be on the rise soon. Calm Mind is almost a necessity on Latias to make sure you can OHKO the Manaphy before it causes too much trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.