Team PokéBeach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenny

its back boys and girls
RE: Team PokéBeach - Join Now!

Having more T-Tar and Hippowdon doesn't stop Manaphy from being a total beast. They can bring in Sandstorm, true, but what can they actually do to Manaphy? They also have no safe switch in, and aren't safe staying in against Manaphy. Not many Pokemon are, especially after a Calm Mind or Tail Glow boost. If you bring in the Sand Streamer after a KO to wipe away rain, that COULD work, but you're pretty much giving Manaphy another chance to set-up, use Rain Dance, or Surf you, because any smart person can't really take the chance of staying in against a Manaphy with a Hippow or T-Tar.

Joeypals!!

Do you loooooves me? <3

Great, just what the OU tier needs. NOT! Its bad enough that you have to deal with things that are on the brink of being a uber, but now something that has a move that nothing else has!(Heart Swap) They may as well bring Garchomp into OU at this rate!

Lenny

its back boys and girls

Actually, one of the biggest reasons Manaphy was switched to OU was because Garchomp takes a big dump on it's parade. So if you're saying Garchomp should come to OU now, that would makes things worse, much, much worse. And believe me, things can get worse than this.

Joeypals!!

Do you loooooves me? <3

That's not what I meant. I was just exaggerating the fact that this is going to make a huge impact in gameplay, and probably not a good one for most teams.

Lenny

its back boys and girls

I agree it will impact the metagame, but not totally for the worse. Just like how Latias slowly settled in and people started to put counters for her on their team. I think that's how Manaphy will settle in, too. Manaphy is strong, but people are going to use movesets that limit it to either 2, maybe 3 attacks, which are usually Ice Beam and Surf. The really powerful thing about Manaphy is that it is so unpredictable. There are so many ways to play it so you can't really be sure what's coming, and by the time you do find out, it could already be too late (ex: Tail Glow).

Joeypals!!

Do you loooooves me? <3

True. Anyways, I kinda need help. I was planning on making a new team with a a Blissey, Weavile, Rampardos, and possibly a Swellow(saw a great set-up in the factory). Can anyone help me formulate the rest of this team?

Lenny

its back boys and girls

You've already got 3 Pokemon weak to fighting. That's not going to help much, so building off of that is going to be very challenging.

Joeypals!!

Do you loooooves me? <3

Then lets dump the Weavile and Blissey. Currentl, I was thinking of this set-up:
Rampardos (255 Atk., 255 HP)
Ability: If there isn't another, then Mold Breaker
Item: Burn Orb or whatever it's called
Moves: Head Smash
Facade
-Filler-
-Filler-

Swellow (255 Atk., 255 Speed)
Ability: Guts
Moves: U-turn
Airial Ace (Don't know how to spell airial)
Facade
-Filler-
Is this good so far?

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Rampardos: EQ and Zen headbutt possibly.
Swellow: If it is for UU, I would say Quick Attack due to the large usage of priority moves. If not, maybe Protect so you will have the power you want. I like Toxic Orb better though. I think Brave Bird may be better than AA. While you do take recoil damage, It is considerably more powerful.

side note: Heart Swap is still glitchy on Smogon so you can't use it in ladder matches.

Joeypals!!

Do you loooooves me? <3

I'm just going to edit my entire team until I get 6 pokemon. Anyways, I was now thinks of adding a ghost to this team. Possibly a Gengar or Mismagius. A water type is also in my mind. Something like this:
Starmie:
Ability: Not sure
Item: Life Orb
Moves: Ice beam
Hydro Pump
Thunder
Rain Dance

The Fallen One

COWER, MORTALS

Having Manaphy in OU will drastically change the metagame. I definitely see a rise in the use of moves like Thunder, and a greater popularity in Weather Conditions (Rain because of Manaphy, Hail and Sandstorm because of manaphy-countering. Sunny Day probably won't be that popular since nothing can set it up by switching in, at least not in OU). I also see a rise in the use of Quick-Attack on CB Scizors. I don't know how much damage it would do, but the use of Quick Attack was to help hit against Bulky Waters, right? I have to wonder how much this will affect the metagame. If Latias over-centralizes the metagame, then Manaphy will only do so to a greater extent.

ArmaldoEX

Pokemon Rose Scripter

Joeypals!! said:
Rampardos (255 Atk., 255 HP)
Ability: If there isn't another, then Mold Breaker
Facade
-Filler-
-Filler-

Wait, you obviously need help with the EVs at first. 252/252/6 in Attack, HP and Defense. Burn Orb? Do you know what you're getting into? You're cutting your Attack stats in half, so what's the point? Make it Choice Band. Head Smash, Earthquake, Fire Punch and Pursuit.

Joeypals!! said:
Swellow (255 Atk., 255 Speed)
Airial Ace (Don't know how to spell airial)
Facade
-Filler-
Is this good so far?[/color]

252/252/6 in Attack, Speed and HP. Yes, you would want Burn Orb here. Then have Protect as your filler. Brave Bird can go over Aerial Ace, if you don't mind taking more damage in exchange for power.

On another note...

Manaphy will change the metagame just as much as how Latias has already did. When something new comes into the metagame, expect plenty of teams built around it or teams having a Pokemon or two that are able to take it on.

Joeypals!!

Do you loooooves me? <3

ArmaldoEX said:
Wait, you obviously need help with the EVs at first. 252/252/6 in Attack, HP and Defense. Burn Orb? Do you know what you're getting into? You're cutting your Attack stats in half, so what's the point? Make it Choice Band. Head Smash, Earthquake, Fire Punch and Pursuit.
The point of the burn orb is to power up Facade, but I guess Toxic Orb is better. Anyway, is the Starmie good so far?

ArmaldoEX

Pokemon Rose Scripter

Joeypals!! said:
The point of the burn orb is to power up Facade, but I guess Toxic Orb is better. Anyway, is the Starmie good so far?

Why would you want Facade on Rampardos? You're got so many better options. Just slap a Choice Band on it, and run the moveset I suggested.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

I recommend Surf over Hydro Pump due to accuracy and Surf has more PP. Ability Natural Cure. Unless you are going to use Manaphy on your team, I would suggest not to run Rain Dance as Manaphy will likely get popular, or at least right away. Thunder might work out since Rain Teams may see more play; if they don't then use Tbolt.

ArmaldoEX

Pokemon Rose Scripter

dragonexpert said:
I recommend Surf over Hydro Pump due to accuracy and Surf has more PP.

This is pretty much like the "Fire Blast or Flamethrower" debate. It really depends, I prefer running Hydro Pump due to power. 25 BP is not a lot by itself, but when you include STAB, and other factors, 25 BP might just be the difference between a OHKO or a 2HKO.

Again, it depends on whether you prefer power or accuracy.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

If its Ubers, using the 95 power I find more helpful due to the abiity Pressure which is on a fair number of pokemon used.

ArmaldoEX

Pokemon Rose Scripter

dragonexpert said:
If its Ubers, using the 95 power I find more helpful due to the abiity Pressure which is on a fair number of pokemon used.

I'll assume that his team is for OU. And yes, if it's Ubers, then Surf is a better option, but still, nothing can doubt what the extra 25 BP can do.

Shivershaft

I've returned

Too be honest, Manaphy isn't that bad. If people start running thunder, there is a massive problem. The only time i'd be comfortable running thunder is if i knew i had a kyogre or the opponent did.. Manaphy is no Jirachi when it comes to sweeping and Manaphy may be the new crocune but it still is nothing too special. Personally, Manaphy being "uber powaful" is just hype of it in OU, it will pass, Manaphy will stay in OU and will be about as good as suicune and not much higher

Joeypals!!

Do you loooooves me? <3

OK, here's the current team so far:
Swellow (252 Atk., 252 Speed, 6 HP)
Item: Toxic Orb
Brave Bird
Facade
Protect

Rampardos (252 Atk., 252 HP, 6 Defense)
Ability: Mold Breaker
Item: Choice Band (as much as I'm against it)
Earthquake
Fire Punch
Pursuit

Starmie (252 Sp. Atk., 252 Speed, 6 Defense)
Ability: Natural Cure
Item: Life Orb
Moves: Ice beam
Hydro Pump
Thunder
Rain Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.