Team PokéBeach

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Team PokéBeach - Join Now!

1) Competitive Battling Interests. I enjoy the competition that Underused and Ubers provide more than Overused provides because I feel there is a little more variety in the pokemon and movesets. I still don't mind battling OU I just don't do it as often. Unless I am absolutely busy doing something I won't reject an OU challenge. I am out to try and get on the leaderboards, which I was on the Ubers leaderboard for a short time before being inactive for a few days and losing my spot. I enjoy battling those with high skills such as Ho-oh and Legends Never Die.

2) Post Your Team.
~ We would like to see everything because we need to know if you have the knowhow to fit in with this clan.

Well I have a few different teams for each tier, so I will do one for each of the three main tiers.

Ubers Tier team (which has defeated some of the top battlers in Ubers Tier):

Deoxys-Attack forme@Focus Sash
Hasty nature
252 speed,252 spatk,6 atk
Grass Knot (when on smogon, if PB server energy ball)
Ice Beam
Superpower
Extreme Speed

Grass Knot can ohko some Groudons and also puts a serious dent in Kyogre. It outruns scarfed Kyogres if the opponent uses Modest Nature instead of Timid. Ice Beam is a great way to deal with Dragon Pokemon. Superpower is for Blisseys and Darkrais. Extreme Speed is just a high powered priority move when first strike is needed.

Kyogre@Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
252 spatk,252 speed, 6 hp
Surf
Waterspout
Thunder
Ice Beam

Waterspout is if you haven't taken damage and don't really expect to. Surf is the more common move in the event you do get damaged which will definitely happen with the presence of Stealth Rock. Thunder gets rid of other water Pokemon and can protect break 30% of the time when it is raining. It also has a high chance of Paralysis. Ice Beam is for dragons or you anticipate a Groudon switch in.

Groudon@Life Orb
Jolly Nature
252 atk, 252 speed, 6 hp
Rock Polish
EQ
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch

Basically Rock Polish is used to make sure you outrun any pokemon which includes Timid Kingdra in the rain. EQ is the most powerful stab move it can learn and can almost OHKO a Kyogre with Life Orb attached depending on the set they run. Dragon Claw provides an easy way to ko Latios and Latias. Fire Punch allows you to ko Scizor with ease.

Mewtwo@Expert Belt
Timid Nature
252 spatk,252 speed, 6 hp
Aura Sphere
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Grass Knot

Aura Sphere can OHKO Darkrai when you equip Expert Belt unless it is a set that runs high Special Defense and HP. It also helps tremendously against Dialga, who walls all the other moves. Shadow Ball is to take care of other Psychics and is a way to get rid of a Shedinja. Ice Beam for dragons and Grass knot for water and ground Pokemon.

Darkrai@leftovers
Timid Nature
252 speed, 160 Def, 98 Spdef
Dark Void
Dark Pulse
Substitute
Calm Mind

At first glance one may think this Darkrai does very well, but I find it to work rather well. More is put into Defense than Special Defense due to Calm Mind's awesome effect. Dark Void is the highest accuracy sleep attack other than Spore. Substitute is a good way to deal with Pokemon that use status effects like Blissey. If the opponent is put to sleep, putting up a substiute before actually using Calm Mind can really help a lot in case they switch in a scarf Palkia or Kyogre. Dark Pulse has high power and is capable of producing flinch haxes.

Scizor@Life Orb
Adamant Nature
250 HP, 252 ATK, 8 speed
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Superpower
Swords Dance

The 8 speed is in case you face another Scizor and they onlly put 6 evs or less in Speed. Bug Bite is the most powerful bug attack Scizor has when technician is factored in. Bullet Punch is a priority move. Superpower is for Darkrai and Dialga mainly unless you need to use it to get rid of Blisssey.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OU team

Swampert@Rindo Berry
Sassy Nature
252 HP, 130 DEf, 128 SPDEF
SR
EQ
Ice Beam
Surf

The main purpose is to just get Stealth Rock in play. Ice Beam is for Salamence if needed. EQ for situations that I don't have a supereffective attack and SR has already been used. Surf for stab and some type coverage.

Ninjask@Focus sash
Adamant Nature
252 ATK, 252 speed, 6 hp
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Aerial Ace
Protect

Now I know that I could have gone with Substitute and Petaya Berry in the event I wanted to pass to a special sweeper; I chose this though to punish players who don't use Stealth Rock. It mainly functions as a passer, but has Aerial Ace in case the opponent uses Taunt when you aren't expecting it. Protect is good for scouting.

Gyrados@Leftovers (used to be Life Orb but have decided this is better)
Adamant Nature
252 Speed, 252 ATK, 6 HP
DD
EQ
Waterfall
Ice Fang

DD is ran in case it is needed or if Ninjask fails to BP off a SD. The rest is fairly standard. It is capable of destroying many Pokemon if it get passed in with a SD.

Flygon@Expert Belt
Jolly Nature
252 atk, 252 speed, 6 hp
EQ
Dragon Claw
FirePunch
ThunderPunch

This Flygon is designed to strike the opponent's weak spot. It is capable of koing two of the big threats in the game (Scizor and Gyrados), this especially holds true if it got the Speed and Attack boost coming in. It can also get rid of Salamence as long as Flygon was passed the stats. As long as a Scizor doesn't get a crit with Bullet Punch Flygon is in good shape. It then becomes open to Ice Shard or Pokemon that can survive its attacks.

Azelf@Expert Belt
Timid Nature
252 Speed, 252 spatk, 6 hp
Psychic
Grass Knot (smogon only, PB Energy Ball)
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower

It is set up as a special sweeper without Nasty Plot. I chose not to go with Nasty Plot because this Azlef set is quite fragile and setting up a turn would cause it to lose against Pokemon that have Priority moves.

Snorlax@leftovers
Sassy Nature
252 hP, 160 def, 98 spdef
Curse
EQ
Body Slam
Crunch
Rest

I choose not to go with Sleep talk because otherwise Metagross can completely wall it while Scizor can set up a SD or two before choosing to ko you. The set is meant to have a high survivability and is a wall.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UU Team:

Mespirit@Focus sash
Timid Nature
252 speed, 252 spatk, 6 def
SR
Psychic
Grass Knot (energy ball on PB server)
Ice Beam

Its main purpose is to set up rocks. Grass Knot is a great way to damage Donphan. Ice Beam to try and get rid of any Sceptiles you may encounter. Psychic is mainly for stab.

Raikou@Expert belt
Naive Nature (to make it have legal ivs for HP)
252 speed, 252 spatk, 6 hp
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
HP Ice
Shadow Ball

Raikou is one of the fastest Pokemon there is in the UU tier. It is also quite powerful in the special attack department which is why Calm Mind becomes even better. After one or two Calm Minds, you are able to at least 2 hit ko most Pokemon. HP Ice is for Donphans who would otherwise completely rock your world. At least if you can't ko it, it will lose a lot of HP. Thunderbolt is a very powerful move after Calm Mind. Shadow Ball takes care of Mismagius and Frosslass.

Arcanine@Salac Berry
Hasty Nature
Flash Fire
252 speed, 140 spatk, 118 atk
Endure
Reversal
Flamethrower
Crunch

This is my own EV spread and moveset that I came up with. If someone else posted it on Smogon I never seen it because I don't look up all their movesets and ev spreads. The reason Flamethrower was chosen over Flare Blitz is so you don't have to sacrifice yourself to do large damage when at low HP. Crunch takes care of Mismagius and Psychics. Reversal is just plain powerful when you are at 1 hp. I understand that this set is dangerous simply because of how much priority moves are used in the UU tier. It must really be used with caution.

Ursaring@Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
252 atk, 252 speed, 6 hp
Quick Feet
Facade
Crunch
Rest
Sleep Talk

This set intends on striking first once you get poisoned by the Toxic Orb. It also hits for quite a load. It is still able to maintian the speed boost when sleeping. Facade just does massive damage when you are poisoned. If the oppoent is a steel type you will need to swithc out though.

Scyther@Life Orb
Jolly Nature
252 Speed, 252 atk, 6 def
technician
Aerial Ace
Bug Bite
Quick Attack
Brick Break

Scyther functions similar to Scizor in the OU tier. It hits hard and fast. While it is easier to ko than Scizor, it also is a lot faster clocking in at 339 speed. Life Orb and Technician just make Aerial Ace's damage sky rocket. Quick Attack is essential because of the number of Pokemon that run priority moves in the UU tier. Due to its 4x weakness to Stealth Rock, my last Pokemon has to be a spinner. It is very important to have odd HP just in case you can't get Rapid Spin off.

Donphan@Rindo Berry
Adamant Nature
252 ATk, 252 HP, 6 def
EQ
Rapid Spin
Stone Edge
Ice Shard

The main purpose is to be able to take out the rocks so Scyther doesn't have to come in at only half health. Earthquake will always strike for a load of damage as will Stone Edge. Ice Shard is for priority when needed.

3) Battling Rules.
Standard rules are what I play by. When uber then Soul Dew clause off.

Your Uber team looks fine, but your other two teams look pretty lackluster and unimpressive.

Either way, welcome to the clan and remember to stay active.

Ubers is what I truly enjoy so I put quite a bit of time into that team. I am not at all surprised that my OU team doesn't look that impressive. I don't spend very much time in the standard tier anymore so I haven't made a whole lot of changes to it. I'll try and come up with a team that is better. That Underused team I posted is something that is more experimental. I haven't gotten around to testing all of it a lot yet. Ursaring and Scyther are more new to the team. I have a much better sandstorm team for UU. I was just hoping to get some suggestions on the team I posted though. Any chance I could do a standard battle with you on Shoddy?

I'm just curious, but what do we do here? I can see that it is a lot about Shoddy battling, but what else do we do here?

Our main priority and goal is to organize forum wars through this clan. Whether we are challenge Serebii or whatever, we will decide who is prepared to clash swords with the opposing forum.

1) Competitive Battling Interests.

I play OU because I think ubers are pretty cheap. Although I like to face ubers with my OU team to see if they are good.

2) Post Your Team

Gliscor
Sand Veil Yache Berry Impish
252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spe
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Night Slash
~Stealth Rock

Vaporeon
Water Absorb Wise Glasses Timid
Evs: 252 SPE 252 SPA 6 HP
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Shadow Ball
~Wish

Scizor
Technician Life orb Adamant
Evs 252 Atk 32 SPE 224 HP
~ Swords Dance
~ Bullet Punch
~ Superpower
~ Roost

Salamence
Intimidate Life orb Hasty
252 spe 130 atk 128 SpA
~ Draco Meteor
~ Earthquake
~ Flamethrower
~ Outrage

Jolteon
Volt Absorb Life orb Timid
6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power Grass
~ Shadow Ball
~ Baton Pass

Espeon
Synchronize Life orb Timid
252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Calm Mind
~ Psychic
~ Hidden Power Ground
~ Signal Beam

3) Battling Rules.

Evasion Clause
Extended Clause
Freeze Clause
Sleep Clause
Species Clause
Soul Dew Clause
Timed Battle

Welcome to the clan, and remember to stay active.

@Sonicyellow: I will stand as I did before when I encouraged you to drop down to 8 evs in speed. I don't often face Scizors with more than 8 evs in speed unless they are scarfed.

Limitless, thanks for letting me know! Anyways, I was thinking of making a new team, but I have not really worked it out yet. I know I'm going to be using a Rampardos, Alakazam, Blissey, and possibly a Swellow(saw a good setup in the factory). Can anyone help me out with this please?

Battling interests
I use OU tier Pokemon because it's the most used for anything and I like how they aren't as ridiculously strong as ubers.

The Team

Swampert Leftovers Relaxed
Evs 252 HP/4Atk /252 Def
Earthquake
Surf
IceBeam
StealthRock

Gengar Focus sash Timid
Evs 252 sp. Attack/ 252 speed/ 4 defense
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Focus blast
Energy ball

Jolteon Leftovers Timid
Evs 252 speed/252 Sp. attack/4 HP
Thunderbolt
Hidden power Ice
Shadow Ball
Substitute

Latias Leftovers Timid
Evs 252 speed/252 Sp.attack/ 4 Hp
Dragon pulse
Thunderbolt
recover
Calm mind

Suicune Leftovers Bold
Evs 252 HP/ 252 Def/4 sp. attack
Surf
Hidden Power Electric
Calm mind
Roar

Lucario Life orb Adamant
Evs 252 attack/ 252 speed/ Hp 4
Close combat
Extreme speed
Blaze Kick
Sword dance

battle rule's
evasion Clause
extended Clause
freeze Clause
sleep Clause
species Clause
soul Dew Clause
timed Battle

@Jboy: I would recommend dropping the focus Sash on Gengar because of the high amount of Stealth Rock users. Expert Belt or Life Orb might be a decent option.

Welcome to the clan, and remember to stay active.

Some of your sets seem a bit awkward and it seems as though you just stuck six Pokemon together, but hopefully we can help you with that in our clan.

Thanks for accepting me on the team. I recently replaced the focus sash with a Life orb and I didn't change my team paragraph or what ever you call that^. I have been having trouble making a new team I feel comfortable with. I'll go get dominated on Smogon and hopefully find a new setup (team) and I'll post my results.

@jboy:

You would want Surf on Latias over Thunderbolt, since Water+Dragon-type moves are unresisted except for Empoleon and Shedninja. Another thing to note, you want Crunch over Blaze Kick on Lucario to handle incoming Gengar, Azelf, etc.

He also needs to or should have a Pokemon with a fire attack if he does that. Otherwise he has no good way to get rid of Scizor.

Sorry for the double post, but since no one has mentioned since it became offical, what does everyone think will happen to the Metagame with Manaphy no being OU? Do people think the metagame will change a lot, a little? State reasons.

Uh manaphy has never been OU. Not sure what you're talking about there, mate.

If you read the 3-2 vote thread on Smogon you will find it as OU.

Ah sorry, the way you phrased it made me think you meant it had gone from OU to Uber. I see now what you're talking about.

Yeah very briefly I'm against the move. I think it will give rain too much power and the metagame will switch from heavy offense to rain and countering rain and other weather teams. We're gonna see a lot more t-tar and hippowdon are my guesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back