Team PokéBeach

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Team PokéBeach - Join Now!

Hmm... If I'm going to post here, might as well make it good. Anyways, I'm clearly here to join. I'm not exactly a noob, I understand basic things such as EV's and IV's along with strategies. I also go on Smogon a lot so I know what it's like to be in a competitive place. I also follow all Shoddy rules that you guys do, sticking to the standard is the way to go. Let me know if I can join.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
---
Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
---
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/176 Spd/80 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
---
Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
---
Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
---
Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Reflect
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
---

1) Competitive battling interests
My WiFi went down, so Shoddy's all I've got to hang on to competitive battling.

2)Post your team.
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=67533

3) Battling Rules
Sleep Clause, Evasion clause, all the clauses you're supposed to use.

4. Conduct
I will try to conduct myself in a good way.

Magikarp
Jolly(M)
UT LV1
IVs: 28/31/31/7/30/31

Hey guys just Bred this.Do you think its any good?

You must being asking a retoracle question. Of course it is good.

Yeah thats nice. Although a lot of people use Adamant, that is reason enough to switch to jolly :] Did you RNG that? It looks a bit RNG like..

EDIT: That breed reminds me of Pulse's Gyarados from a few years back that he gave me. The IV's are really similar:

Yours:
Jolly(M)
UT LV1
IVs: 28/31/31/7/30/31

Pulse's:
Jolly(M)
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4HP
IV's: 31/31/31/6/30/31

Great job on the breed. Oh and I will NOT be trading trading that Gyarados because it is a classic xF

Nope! I didn't RNG it.100% effort.And i don't want the Gyrados.I gotta adimit.I never thought it would be this good.

Okay, lets keep this place active now.

What are your opinions on weather effect teams? I've seen quite a few rain dance ones now, due to the fact Manpahy is OU.

I have not played weather teams, so this may not be accurate. I'll take this down my different weather patterns if I may:

Rain: Perfect for pokemon like Manaphy and Kingdra. These teams can usually be taken by Electric-types saying the teams are most themed around there, so I would be weary in using this Rain team because one Electrivire using Thunder would be pretty devastating.

Sandstorm: Another common favorite that suits pokemon like Hippowdon, Claydol, Rhyperior, and Heatran. Honestly, most of the guys can be taken out by pokemon from the Rain team, like Kingdra. You can also look at it from another perspective and get dragons that know Aqua Tail in there to finish it.

Hail: Something I haven't seen alot of, but it would suit Frosslass perfectly along with Glaceon and Abomasnow. These guys can be taken out fairly quickly be Sun team pokemon, like Arcanine, Heatran, Flareon, and others. These pokemon from the Hail team will quickly go down if you pit the Fire team against them.

Sun team: Like I've said already, fits pokemon like Arcanine, Heatran, Flareon, and others perfectly. You would have to be cautious of the Sandstorm team or Rain team here for easy takeout. Also, watch out for Gyarados and his Earthquake.

Castform: Reason why I put a section of him here is because he can transform into one of the three teams, so he can be versatile and a key factor. With him on your team, you can make a mix, which will be dfficult to take down. My best advice is to try to OHKO him as fast as you can. Is thiss enough detail?

Sorry to say Joey but...Castform...well...its not that good.

Trick Storm team is the Way To go!

1:Set out something that can start of trick room and Sand Storm....likely Hippowdon,bronzong,T-Tar.
2:Set Up T-Room.Protect with your partener.
3:Set Up S-Rock With Bronszong.T-tar can go Freely and kill with Life orb attached.
4:protect with Partener EXPLODE and do very heavy damenge.
5:Now its time to sweep!

Contenders:

T-tar/Hippowdon
Bronszong
Dusknoir(back Up T-roomer)
Camurupt(KaaaaaBLATEM C-specs Eruption=Win)

These Pokes Rock in TS.Anything thats slow is reccomended...however these work the best.

dragon9 said:

What are your opinions on weather effect teams? I've seen quite a few rain dance ones now, due to the fact Manpahy is OU.

I could have sworn they made it Ubers again? It doesn't say that it's OU on smogon...

Joeypals!! said:
I have not played weather teams, so this may not be accurate. I'll take this down my different weather patterns if I may:

Rain: Perfect for pokemon like Manaphy and Kingdra. These teams can usually be taken by Electric-types saying the teams are most themed around there, so I would be weary in using this Rain team because one Electrivire using Thunder would be pretty devastating.
While thunder might be a move used on Rain Dance, team, I have yet to see it popularly used. Most people use Ludicolo and Kabutops, two of the most devastating rain sweepers around.

Sandstorm: Another common favorite that suits pokemon like Hippowdon, Claydol, Rhyperior, and Heatran. Honestly, most of the guys can be taken out by pokemon from the Rain team, like Kingdra. You can also look at it from another perspective and get dragons that know Aqua Tail in there to finish it.
Nobody uses Claydol in SS teams because, well, nobody uses Claydol. Rhyperior, maybe, but unlikely. People will use pokemon like Tyranitar, Hippowdon, Bronzong, Skarmory, etc. And most dragons don't use Aqua Tail, honestly. Latias uses Surf, but that's pretty much it.

Hail: Something I haven't seen alot of, but it would suit Frosslass perfectly along with Glaceon and Abomasnow. These guys can be taken out fairly quickly be Sun team pokemon, like Arcanine, Heatran, Flareon, and others. These pokemon from the Hail team will quickly go down if you pit the Fire team against them.
Hail teams aren't seen that much because SS teams, and the odd Rain Dance team are seen much more often, and they are better than Hail by far. You also forgot to mention the mighty Stallrein, who can be a beast on Hail teams

Sun team: Like I've said already, fits pokemon like Arcanine, Heatran, Flareon, and others perfectly. You would have to be cautious of the Sandstorm team or Rain team here for easy takeout. Also, watch out for Gyarados and his Earthquake.
Gyarados doesn't even use EQ that much anymore. What do poeple go for now...Return or Bounce I think? Maybe that replaces stone edge...and Sun teams don't really exist outside of UU due to the fact that they...well they suck quite frankly.

Castform: Reason why I put a section of him here is because he can transform into one of the three teams, so he can be versatile and a key factor. With him on your team, you can make a mix, which will be dfficult to take down. My best advice is to try to OHKO him as fast as you can. Is thiss enough detail?

Castform is, like, never used. At all. He has lackluster stats (70 in each, not good), and even smogon says that he's just purely novelty. He can make for fun on UU weather teams, but you won't see him work well on OU weather teams. It's just too fragile, too slow, and too weak.

Now, there are two other weather teams not mentioned by you: Trick Room and Gravity. Why? Because honestly they're hard to work. Trick Room is not good in singles, but is great in doubles. I've never even tried to run TR before. Gravity isn't seen much because it takes too much setup. However, it's great because you can either create an offensive team using extremely powerful, lower accuracy attacks. Heck, Blissey using Blizzard can hit and OHKO Salamence even without SpAtk investment under Gravity. And let's not forget that Levitate pokemon and flying types can now be hit by Spikes and Toxic Spikes. You can create a stall team based on this concept.

Shame that both of these really only last for, what, 4 turns? Since you have to set up and get the gravity user out of there...

dragon9 said:

Just to clarify, Manaphy is still Uber.

I'll post my opinions later.

Oh wow that was embarrasing. That's what happens when you quit for awhile heh.

Just informing everyone of the monotype tournament if you haven't seen it yet. It should be quite fun, so be sure to check it out.

Looks cool! I was hoping to do one similar to that, a tourny of starters. All you do is sign-up for one the 20 starters in Explorers of Sky as seen in my banner, then once we get all 20, I place all of the names into the random match selector or whatever its called. It's just for fun, so there are no prizes. I was hoping to do it, but I forgot to ask last time for permission. May I please get the permission needed so that I may start this? I'll give more details if needed...

Unless you make it more oragnized its never gonna happen,And it being the school season it won't be very active.Also recently i bred this however wrong nature:

Bold Magby
26/17/29/31/31/31
Or something like this.

But its not MODEST!!!Urg...however i got a Modest one with 31 Speed IV and maybe 31 Sp.ATK.So pretty much i'm just sitten on the dock of the bay.....If this one is the One i want will you guys trade for it?

I'll just drop it then unless someone authorizes it. About your Magby, looks good! I'll post more later...

I would like to remind you that if you use Toxic Spikes, Will-o-wisp will only work if they are a Flying or Steel type or have levitate for an ability. With two of your Pokemon having that, I really think one of them should substitute it for something else. One option might be to take it off Rotom and put on Shadow Ball. This will allow you to inflict good damage on Latias who can carry Roost to heal off the damage Discharge causes.

Your team may also have some trouble with Gyrados since Rotom is the only Pokemon that can ko it assuming Waterfall doesn't make you flinch. If you can find a slot on your team for Thunderbolt, it may help.

Togekiss apears to not be holding an item. With the way you are using it, Leftovers seems to be the best option.

About your Dusknoir, why shadow sneak? Wouldn't it be better for it to know Shadow punch? After all, doesn't it have a higher attack stat? Also, I have created a thread that I believe that all of us would be great in. Just saying...

Shadow Sneak is still a physical attack. It is used if the opponent survives with just a little health. It is meant as a finishing blow. Priority moves have their uses. I've lost games because of not having a priority move.

I got rid of Rotom you know!I added Jirachi.Just didn't edit the post.Its now Scarf Jirachi.I edited it on island too.Its in the RMT section of PB if you want an Updated look.Joey,i put SS on there for priorty,It is great when someone has a Sash and all you need is 1% of health gone.

Well I wasn't sure if you reverted back or not since you didn't edit your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back