Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon9

Top 16 VGC Nationals

TPB.png

----------
What is Team PokéBeach?
----------

Team PokéBeach is the most dedicated and respected group of battlers on the forums. Our group of top players spend a lot of time collaborating with each other to write quality articles based on the latest metagame. This of course means lots of high-level discussion about the most up to date strategies that people are commonly using and seeing in their battles. Every member in the clan is an active participant in most, if not all, of PokéBeach's official tournaments, including the live weekend and Off-Season tournaments.

Because of the high levels of experience demanded by this clan, it is an excellent place for players that are new to the game to jump in and learn how to play from the experts. All of our more experienced members are more than capable of offering quality teambuilding advice, along with general guidance about what to do in common situations. Basically, we strive for perfection in our field, and we generally achieve it.

However, unlike all other groups before us, we stand solely as a Shoddy Clan. No more spam regarding players finding a Wi-Fi Battle; all of our endeavours are carried out using the PokéBeach (and to a lesser extend Smogon) Shoddy Server. Our reasoning? Apart from cutting down on the "who wants to battle?" spam that Wi-Fi users generate, Shoddy allows you to complete many more matches within the same timeframe that it takes to do a single Wi-Fi match. This gives our members the most experience they could hope to gain in the shortest time possible.

Our doors are not closed to those outside of the clan, however. Those who wish to ask questions about the current metagame, or who have good points to add to the current discussion, are more than welcome to come in and post away. We won't hesitate to answer even basic questions, although it should be noted that since we don't deal in Wi-Fi we won't tolerate questions to do with IV Breeding and other Wi-Fi exclusive features.

----------
So what does Team PokéBeach do anyhow?
----------

Our team is dedicated to experiencing the metagame and sharing our experience with others.

This takes many forms. As outlined before, articles, general discussion and assisting those who need help are the main ways to realise this goal. Direct tutoring by some members is also another way to share our knowledge effectively.

Almost all of our battles take place on Shoddy. That means no Wi-Fi Discussion defiles our current topic, something which all other clans suffer from. Some clan members will still play Wi-Fi; however, these things are to be handled by PM's or other medium, in order to preserve the quality of posts in our clan.

We may occasionally hold tournaments within ourself, but it is more likely that we will sponsor the official ones that PokéBeach already holds, since there's usually enough of them as it is. Also, if the forum ever undergoes a war with another forum, you can be assured that Team PokéBeach members will be at the forefront of that war; simply put, all of the best battlers on PokéBeach are here, so why would we need to look anywhere else?

It should be noted that this clan is separate from the others in the section. This is largely due to being Shoddy-only, but also because we don't want to indirectly hamper our forum's chances in a war. Therefore, anyone can join, even if they are in another clan in this section. However, as a result, this clan cannot be challenged to a war by any other clan.

----------
Joining Information and Rules of Team PokéBeach
----------

To join our community, you must provide us with the following information:

1) Competitive Battling Interests.
~ We wouldn't want someone to join who isn't taking this clan seriously.

2) Post Your Team.
~ We would like to see everything because we need to know if you have the knowhow to fit in with this clan.

3) Battling Rules.
~ We need to make sure you use the same clauses as the rest of the clan does. Universally accepted clauses will be shown in the section below this one.

4) Conduct.
~ We don't want you to spam or flame here. We don't need mods in here, since many of the active members already ARE mods. The appropriate action will be taken if any of the PokéBeach Forum rules (or if the post doesn't contribute anything to the clan) are breached.

----------
Universally accepted Shoddy Clauses
----------

This is subject to discussion, and can/will be amended anytime there's a valid disagreement.

Evasion Clause
Freeze Clause
OHKO Clause
Sleep Clause
Soul Dew Clause
Species Clause
Strict Damage Clause
Timed Battle

----------
Team PokéBeach Hierarchy
----------

Commanders -
- dragon9
- gamercal

Majors -
- Limitless
- Kevin Garrett

Lieutenants -
- Bellomence
- Plato

Troops -
- Lenny
- Phazon-764

Cadets -
- Fridge
- Charizard88
- blackcharizard1456
- The Fallen One
- shadoworganoid
- Juliacoolo
- Muckster
- lilsparks101
- ArmaldoEX
- Blue Thunder
- The Assassin
- Aeroglyphix
- safariblade
- CCloud
- Void
- palkia dialga clash
- Joeypals!!
- dragonexpert
- sonicyellow
- jboy
- ShadowLugia
- ~Salad~
- Rotom-Cut
- Hatman

----------
Closing Notes
----------

If you have an aspiration for battling competitive, post the proper information to join. We will not select you until you qualify; however, feel free to post here as much as you want in order to gain the skill and knowledge required to join the likes of Team PokéBeach.​

RE: Team PokéBeach - Join Now!

I would like to join :)

I can assure you that I will take the caln seriously and all, and post here. I will also be sure to follow all the rules and use proper conduct. As for the second and third points, I use the same standard cluases you listed. Here is a link to my most recent RMT: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=60394. I had a fuller version on smogon but I post this breifer one as it seems mroe suitable for the whole joining thing (I imagine you don't want to read a whole dictionary for every person who posts)

I've made a few additions since I posted it but I think it gives a nice kind of idea about what I do and my battling style and such.

So yeah, I would really like to be a part fo this clan. Hope it all goes well :)

Ill take it seriously you can count on that.(If not anything else you can count on)

2) Post Your Team
Ill link to my RMT when I get it up.

3) Battling Rules.
Yeah I use all the clauses listed.

Works for me :)

I'll add you as a troop just now since we don't exactly have many people yet and I have one or two in mind for a couple of higher spots if they decide to join in. But your definitely welcome to join in :D

With regards to that team, one thing that makes me a little nervous when looking at it is the vulnerability to water and ground moves. Especially when complimented by Ice - this of course makes Swampert public enemy #1 to that team. Barring Infernape very little has the power to flat-out KO Swampert, and it has just the right moves to come in and really do a lot of damage to a wide array of pokes on your team. About your best hope is Rotom, but I'd pretty much never leave Swampert in on Rotom unless I knew it didn't have Will and Trick, so idk if you'll have much love there. Sam also reckons you're Gengar weak, so... yeah.

Welcome aboard though :) (Obviously this post was to Fridge since only his app was up at the time)

I'm in. I'll try to post as often as possible, though my time will mostly be spent at Smogon.

Let's keep the discussion intelligent people!

I'll join. I'll definitely take this seriously and post as much as I can to contribute to the discussion.

Here's my RMT: OU RMT

EDIT (with more info): I usually play offense (not heavy offense), and stall. Offense is more of my forte than stall, but I can play both well. Any sort of weather team is definitely not what I like to play, mostly because it's too easy to counter and at often times is easy to predict.

1.) I mainly focus on varying teams. I love stall, but if I always play stall it isn't going to be easy to overcome odds if people know my play style. So I mix it up normally going from Stall to Hyper-Offensive play. I have played Weather style but I can never stick to playing it. Weather is defiantly not my stall of play.

2.) My team? Well I am keeping my set of teams right now concealed as I am playing in the PB Tournament, and showing my team is to risky right now. However once this is over I will show a team if required.

3.) I play mostly with the standard clauses listed above. I occasionally like to play matches with no restrictions but the timed match. These games are very fun and when you have a Baton Pass team abusing Evasion and Speed Boosts, you become virtually unstoppable. =P

The Beach Warriors is dead, and therefore I can join this clan.

Lenny: Electric/Ghost kills that whole team practically, but I know that since talking to me you balance your type weaks a lot better, so stuff like that is unlikely to happen again.

LL: Yeah, glad to see you're still going to do something here :p. I do realise that you'll be busy with Smogon since it's more interesting and all, but just having you on board for this is helpful :)

Brett: Even if TBW wasn't dead you'd be able to come in here, since this is a pure-Shoddy clan. Maybe I should make this clearer - the rest of the clans in this forum atm are all tailored for Wi-Fi, not Shoddy. Whether said clans are being kept around is yet to be decided, but the point is that this doesn't conform to the normal clan rules in terms of joining, as you cannot war this clan. Maybe we need to make that clearer. In any case, I realise the will to keep teams hidden when you're still in the tourney (only reason I did a RMT lately was cause there were almost no good ones!), so I'll let that slide for now.

blackcharizard: Seems decent in most areas, but you have a heavy weakness towards Fighting attacks. Given that your only resist literally doesn't come in more than once, and you have two weaks to fighting otherwise. Suicune isn't really doing much damage to anything but Gyarados with HP Electric btw - Vaporeon is more than happy taking unboosted HP's, as are most Water types. You lack the POWER to do anything much with HP Elec... power that Calm Mind would bring of course (at a price). I'd go into changes, but that really isn't the point of having the team up for this thread. Next time though, edit your post instead of posting again - it's bad practice as it clutters the thread.

All of you are in. Make absolute sure that you contribute meaningfully when you do so!

Speaking of which, discussion time; other than Freeze, which status is the most crippling to a team as a whole? I say as a whole for one reason - Sleep is naturally hindered by the Sleep Clause, as although it's probably the most debilitating status it cannot be inflicted on a whole team like the others. It's still arguably the most devastating to a team as a whole mind you...

Personally, it's a little team depndant - paralysis is easily the most crippling to most offensive teams (given their dependance on Speed), but Toxic is much more effective against stall teams (given that they're meant to last). Burn is usually somewhere in the middle - certain offensive teams are totally ruined by it, but many stall teams are only inconvenienced by it (as the damage doesn't build and grow more crippling). If I had to spread anything about, it would normally be paralysis; Sleep is clearly the worst for the opponent to handle, but they only have to handle it once...

1) My love for laddering is intense. I like to improve as much as I can on a certain aspect I may be focusing on. I've played next to every play style there is and I only hope to get better.

2) I am not going to speak about my teams until the PokeBeach tournament is over as it could give the upper hand to my opponents.

3)All standard clauses, nothing special.

Only clan I want to join.

I'd have go to with paralysis. Toxic and Burn are both effective against certain types of teams, but Paralysis can be pretty devastating to any team. Paralysis could ruin even defensive Pokemon who would usually be 2-3HKO'd by attacks, but instead Paralysis gets the best of them. Take Vaporeon for example, a Wish/Protect variant. Paralysis can screw up it's Protect Wish combo and allow the opponent to set up or just deal damage to Vaporeon. Paralysis can also be inflicted on more than one Pokemon, and is only resisted by Volt Absorb/Ground Pokemon. Other popular Pokemon such as Gyarados, Heatran, Heracross, and other speed-reliant Pokemon are badly hurt by it. Paralysis is also a pain in the butt when you're using/battling against a Togekiss or Jirachi.

The scariest thing about paralysis is the chance of them setting up on you, which could result in a sweep. And vice-versa, paralysis cripples YOUR chance of setting up and sweeping.

So yeah, I'd have to say paralysis.

EDIT: Also about that RMT, yeah it's pretty old and nobody noticed the massive electric/ghost (Rotom) weakness, including me. I'll put up an RMT of a different team once school stops swamping me with work.

From what Gamercal said, since Rising sun clan is WIFI only, am I allowed to join this clan? Cause I would really like to.
I want to get better.

I am seriously interested in competitive battling, and which to learn and contribute in any ways I can.

2) Post Your Team.
I have multiple teams, and I'd like to keep them private if that's OK

3) Battling Rules.
I will follow all the rules for this clan.

4) Conduct.
~ We don't want you to spam or flame here. We don't need mods in here, since many of the active members already ARE mods. The appropriate action will be taken if any of the PokéBeach Forum rules (or if the post doesn't contribute anything to the clan) are breached.

I am aware of the PB tules and will follow them.

shadoworganoid said:
From what Gamercal said, since Rising sun clan is WIFI only, am I allowed to join this clan? Cause I would really like to.
I want to get better.

You are able to join, but remember, this is strictly competitive. We don't want any spam in this thread.

1. I am very interested in competitive battling.

2. I'll post my team later and edit my post with a link to the RMT.

3. Clauses are a tad obvious, but I accept them.

4. Once again, a tad obvious, but I'll follow them.

However, I will not post teams I plan on using in tournaments. :F

EDIT: My RMT

Limitless said:
You are able to join, but remember, this is strictly competitive. We don't want any spam in this thread.

Thank you. I understand. I just roll with the group. No spam from me. Only posts pertaining to the current topic ect.

Entry form:

1. Im very interested in competetive battling. Im only average, but I want to get better.
2. Im tweeking my team, and when finished I'll post it in the RMT section and link it here.
3. Im good with shoddy rules.
4. Conduct? Since when have I flamed someone??? (well, without really good reason. Lol) Yes, I agree to it.

TFO: Extremely weak to Ghost/Dark moves. I know Azelf isn't meant to survive till much later in the game, but you have very little that really likes to take Ghost or Dark attacks, making you pretty nasty Pursuit bait and extremely weak to Gengar. IDK quite what you want to do about that, but that's my first impressions.

shadoworganoid: Extremely weak to... well, just about anything given that everything is attack and nothing else, but above all else you are weak to SR. Speed itself really doesn't matter that much if you lack the power to smash things in one hit (which most of your team doesn't have) and you can't TAKE a hit either. Definitely rethink your Rock weakness though, as Hariyama does absolutely nothing to stop rocks going up (it doesn't KO the pokémon after it FO's them since it lacks STAB on Bullet Punch to even attempt it. Well, Aerodactyl maybe, but it resists FO so I dunno. I don't plan to run the calcs on that either, since I don't think it would 2HKO due to no STAB).

Juliacoolo: Well, ok I guess cause you're still in the PB tourney. But I don't know you very well, so you're going to have to prove yourself in discussions here that you're good enough to join here if you want me to add you, since you won't show anything about your team to me.

Plato: Whilst I don't know you very well EITHER, I HAVE seen a fair bit of your "work" in the RMT section, and word of mouth says that you know what you're doing as well. The fact that you're willing to show AFTER the tourney (which makes perfect sense of course) is a big plus as well IMO. I have no qualms about just adding you in.

So apart from Julia (atm, if you post and contribute in here some then I can get a grasp on how good you are from that), everyone is in. Note that a RMT is not the only thing that "gets you in", nor is it automatic entry - the teams posted have enough POTENTIAL to me to show that you guys have enough knowledge to contribute decently to the discussion we hope to achieve here. If you guys don't actively post though, I may be forced to remove you from the clan. Be warned! :p

So is anyone except Lenny going to contribute to the status discussion then? This is just a very basic one to warm the place up - I'm pretty sure other people could come up with much more intuitive discussions as we get going :p

Hey I was thinking of joining a clan and I figured why not the best! I really want to get back into battling after a while off, Im certainly not great, Im ok... Gamercal really knows my battling stratagies the best after trouncing me... a lot of times

I want to become better in battling and be able to take on some of the bigger guys. My major weekness is my team building right now as I need more practice to see what is more efficient against what in the current meta game. I personally love using pokemon with unexpected movesets and combinations to throw off my opponent.

2) Post Your Team.
I am currently working on a team so as soon as I finish it I will post it... dumb college and studying...

3) Battling Rules.
Standard clauses... Mostly play OU but UBER has some interesting looks in it...

4) Conduct.
Not really sure if I have ever flamed someone. Most of te things that would ever be a problem with me is a little joke that could be taken the wrong way so Ill keep those out of this thread.

Well like I said Ill try to get my team up soon and thanks for starting this clan if I get in or not! (cause if not Ill probably creep in on the discussions :p)

Muckster: Your in. Welcome Aboard! Be sure to stay active. I'd still like to see your team though, so you'll be ranked as a cadet until we see your team.

So Cal, should I stick with my other team then? The team I ALMOST beat you with? You yourself said it had pretty good balance and stuff... I can post it in place of the team im testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back