TCG: Your Wants Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: X&Y Card Series: Your Predictions and Wants

Chanderperior said:
...I would like actual immunities to exist...
...I would also like more than Hooligans Jim and Cas, N and Ghetsis to affect our opponents hand...
...There should also be the ability to play 2v1...

Noooo. Just, no.
Please, TPCi, never do any of these things.

Oh, and, I don't see EXs carrying over at all. When has an Ultra-Rare card mechanic ever carried over into a new generation? I don't see it happening now. What I do predict is not an EX counter, and not some overpowered Stage 2s that OHKO EXs, but I do predict perhaps a Stadium or a Pokémon's Ability that stops Basic Pokémon attacking entirely in some way shape or form. Maybe a "if the defending Pokémon is a Basic Pokémon, it is now Paralyzed."

I hope for some nice full art final evolutions for froakie chespin and Feniken that would be awsome and bring back the rev holos from ex sets I thought they were quite the shiz!

It would also be interesting to see double and triple battles in the format. Not that you play with someone else but have 2 pokemon out and so on.

The ideal opportunity for me to get back into the game, after leaving because of the power creep, would be xy-on with no ex pokemon and back to the rules before bw. Also, no more basics over 130hp and if there are any gimmick cards, lv x or primes are the best imo. I want the tag to have long thought out games not Ex ohko spam.

I have absolutely no predictions other than fairy type cards.

I'm hoping for the game to have more complicated and diverse cards to add more skill to the game (which probably can't be done without printing viable, attacking evolutions).

Artemis said:
Since we've seen EXes reprinted and S1 and S2 Pokémon being reprinted as basic EXes now, I'm pretty sure that EXes will continue on in XY. Not quire sure how happy I am with that, but on the bright side, if they keep EXes, they'll probably keep Full Arts, too.

I hope you're wrong cause the last thing to make the NXD-On Format even worse is by having Xerneas and Yveltal as 180 HP Basic EX's in XY Base Set which we don't need anymore. I don't mind Full Arts just get rid of Basic EX's in general they are horrible game design unless we could get Stage 1/Stage 2 Pokemon as Stage 1/Stage 2 EX's that are not Basic but sadly that will NEVER happen again. Give me a Dusknoir or Gengar with great attacks and abilities with 130+ HP as a Stage 2 Pokemon instead of being printed as a Basic only as a way to keep up with the overall speed of the format.

Everything about Gen V and Black/White felt entirely rushed with no real planning involved which was nowhere nearly as organized as it was in the Gen IV series with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver. It's such a shame how disappointing TPCi, the R&D team of the TCG/OCG, and Game Freak in general have been failing to live up to people's expectations on the Pokemon franchise as a whole. We know they can do better than this, so what's preventing them from doing so? Perhaps difficulty catering to old and new audiences of Pokemon?

Eagle4 said:
The cards will just become even more overpowered, and power creep will consume them like they did with black and white

sorry for sounding pessimistic but I really dislike the power creep going on at the moment

Well to be fair the overall power creep of the Diamond/Pearl series, Platinum series, and the HeartGold/SoulSilver series was nowhere NEAR as terrible as it was with the Black/White series. Infact the Black/White series didn't get THAT terrible in terms of power creep until Emerging Powers with Pokemon Catcher and Next Destinies with the introduction of Big Basic EX's starting with Mewtwo EX being the chase card of the set which took forever for TPCi to reprint as a Tin Promo.

One thing that Riskbreakers pointed out earlier in this thread that stuck out like a sore thumb to me was about the Black/White Rules, it needs to abolished even though we disagree on how an un-errata on Rare Candy would cause more power creep issues for Stage 2's in this current format and the NXD-On Rotation. I still feel as though bench sitters are essential to the way the TCG is meant to be played and Pokemon Catcher ruins the whole aspect of it. To fix the problem just tone down on the power level of Stage 1/Stage 2 bench sitters and you wouldn't be seeing Pokemon Catcher keeping bench sitters and Big Basic EX's in check for the next few years in Modified.

Pokemon Catcher was not really power creep. However, just Reshiram and Zekrom BLW-on were massive examples of power creep. They single-handedly flipped the format on its head and each was instantly in at least one top tier deck, you had to have 130 hp (over their 120 damage attacks) to be viable, etc. However, there were still Stage 1s and 2s that could keep up with them as they were just 2 cards. More and more basics with higher hp and better attacks than most Stage 2s such as Terrakion NV continued pushing Stage 1s and 2s out of the format. The EX era left us with only Magnezone (which got worse and died eventually), later Empoleon (which lasted only a relatively short amount of time), and then only bench-sitters like Eelektrik and Hydreigon.

I am hoping they didn't do what they did in BW and split the first set resulting in a crappy set with crappy cards, and we don't end up with Emerging Powers 2.0.

All I ask is that Stunfisk becomes viable. :')

Mega Evolutions will be the new EX.

Example:
Mewtwo-ME
"Pokemon-ME Rule:
When a Pokémon-ME has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards."

And I think ME will not require previous Stages, similar to the Stage 2 EX in EX Battle Boost. But instead will require an Item card, similar to Fossils/Restored Pokemon, aka Mega Stone, to put onto Bench.

Sheriff_K said:
When a Pokémon-ME has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards."[/i]

They better be really, really good to risk 3 prize cards.

yeah, why 3 prize cards? If they're going to use Mega Pokémon as the TCG Super pokémon mechanic of the XY era, then they will stick to the additional prize penalty, not more than that... Even then, the Mega Evolution mechanic sounds like it will be similar to the Lv. X's from DPt and those didn't have the 2 prize rule...

To be honest even if we get Mega Evolution LV. X mechanic would it really be played much? We'll still have Big Basic EX's and they will still rule the format I imagine.

That really depends on how good they are and what else the XY sets bring to the table. If Mega Pokémon are decently strong, don't give up 2 prizes, and provide us with interesting options, I could see them giving EXes a run for their money.

I'm honestly suspecting modified Lv.X cards to more or less handle Megas. It'd make no sense to have them as a basic card at all given how they evolve in the game. But I also don't expect them to have the power creep we saw with Lv.X in the DP/DPt era.

Either way it'll be interesting to see what comes out of the XY Era.

terrible twos! credily+stage 2 if they (stage 2) becomes fairly viable in X&Y at least for a little bit...hopefuly XD

Keep no evolutions turn one, bring back Rare Candy same turn that basic is played down. PLEASE.

In my opinion, X/Y format is going to have to pull something amazing out of its hat if it wants to fix the format quickly. I get the feeling that Pokemon knows what the game has become. (Of course I could be wrong, looking at recent promotional items, such as tins and special boxes, that we've received lately…) Either way, I see a couple of possible scenarios.

1. Mega Evolutions (and X/Y cards with it) bring some balancing act to the game and it magically fixes everything somehow. (It's possible, considering how quiet news has been on the card game front)
2. X/Y bring nothing significant to the game other than the fact that EX's no longer exist. Players have to wait until EX's rotate, which could very well be a year from now, or even more.
3. EX's continue through the X/Y format in addition to whatever mechanic Mega's bring, and the power creep continues, along with multiple catcher-esque reprints. (Worst case scenario)

People are most likely right when they say that Mega mechanics will work somewhat similar to Level X's, but with an item requirement of some sort. Would this fix the game? Likely not, considering that the item needed to Mega evolve will probably be an Ace Spec (considering this mechanic is still around).

In short, until we get some solid news on the new X/Y format, nothing is solid. It's sad to say, but the future of the Pokemon TCG is unknown as of this point. I'd like to see EX's abolished as much as the next person, but does it even make sense? Could players adjust to a slower format? If EX's are not balanced in X/Y, would players be willing to wait a year or more for them to die out? Would keeping them through X/Y even make sense? Just some food for thought.

That's your yearly ramble from Decmaster. I'm off to disappear for another year. =P

This is coming from someone who isn't a player (so pardon if this is a stupid question), but why do so many people believe that EXs will continue into XY? We had ex in Gen III, Lv. X in Gen IV, and now EX in Gen V. I think a mechanic similar (but not necessarily identical) to the previous gimmicks will make a debut instead...Mega Evolutions, maybe?

I think before Mega Evolutions were announced it was an assumption based on the final BW set introducing EX cards for evolved Pokemon like Excadrill and Chandelure, rather than Legendaries. Obviously now their focus for the XY chase cards will probably be the Megas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back