TCG: Your Wants Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: X&Y Card Series: Your Predictions and Wants

If they are gonna keep the beefed up EX's... at least give the non EX more HP to be on par with them.

The RSE ex's while were overpowered, didn't overshadow good Stage 2's and their HP were reasonable.

But let's not make all the Legendary pokemon the big want. There was like NO focus on the normal Unova pokemon in the BW sets. *coughnoshinySamurottandpatheticholorares*cough* Seriously, the best card Hydreigon got never hit past 12$ unless it was the shiny and even that's not worth much. And the only gym leaders we got were Cheren Elesa and Cilan. I would have liked an Elesa full art but don't care about Cilan.

And the cards need an interesting background...

This is just my opinion... but...

I thought 90% of the common/uncommon/rare/some holo cards looked boring. Like I didn't care about the artwork and the background was really dull. Like "look! Recognize this area!? It's from the Unova region! And OOH! LOOK! Team Plasma's so evil! They're freezing the place! Look how this Pokemon is reacting to it!" Seriously, from a collector who only collects for the art, I hated getting like say a Nidoqueen, cause it didn't look like a rare just a boring uncommon card (cause it was in Japan).

The e-series sets had really good artwork for every single card. Those are sets that I'd buy 3 or more boxes to finish the set. I bought 3 boxes of Dark Explorers and guess what were the only cards I kept? Darkrai EX, Entei EX and Shiny Gardevoir and playable trainers. For serious.Could have just bought singles and spent only 50$ and not needed to deal with the bulk. I first kept a few of the holos and ultra rares but then I was like, nah I don't really like it and sold it...

I really hope there's a new holo background and not that boring "flashy lines" holo, and if they're gonna keep it... make the art look cool. Some do, but very little. Remember the first 2 BW sets? That's what I'm talking about.

But then again, if I want to keep the full arts around, that holo might still be around...

Sorry to turn this into a rant about BW sets but these are just the things I don't want to see in XY. I do want full arts but a new type of holo or the old school galaxy foils.

MrSquarepants said:
I thought 90% of the common/uncommon/rare/some holo cards looked boring. Like I didn't care about the artwork and the background was really dull. Like "look! Recognize this area!? It's from the Unova region! And OOH! LOOK! Team Plasma's so evil! They're freezing the place! Look how this Pokemon is reacting to it!" Seriously, from a collector who only collects for the art, I hated getting like say a Nidoqueen, cause it didn't look like a rare just a boring uncommon card (cause it was in Japan).

The e-series sets had really good artwork for every single card. Those are sets that I'd buy 3 or more boxes to finish the set. I bought 3 boxes of Dark Explorers and guess what were the only cards I kept? Darkrai EX, Entei EX and Shiny Gardevoir and playable trainers. For serious.Could have just bought singles and spent only 50$ and not needed to deal with the bulk. I first kept a few of the holos and ultra rares but then I was like, nah I don't really like it and sold it...

I really hope there's a new holo background and not that boring "flashy lines" holo, and if they're gonna keep it... make the art look cool. Some do, but very little. Remember the first 2 BW sets? That's what I'm talking about.

But then again, if I want to keep the full arts around, that holo might still be around...

Sorry to turn this into a rant about BW sets but these are just the things I don't want to see in XY. I do want full arts but a new type of holo or the old school galaxy foils.

I agree completely. The art in the BW series was bland...it looked so generic, and lacked the personality found in earlier series. It also seemed that only a few artists had work repeated over and over. The art was a big disappointment that I hope the XY series of cards rectifies.

- Better art
- Better foil pattern
- Shift away from a Basic-dominated format
- Pokemon that didn't get a BW-era card

PMJ said:
- Better art
- Better foil pattern
- Shift away from a Basic-dominated format
- Pokemon that didn't get a BW-era card

I agree that a Stage 2/Stage 1 format would be cool. I rarely play competively but when I do I have to use a deck with multiple EXs like my Plasmaklang + Registeel. I like the concept of EXs but make them weaker like LV.Xs so the average HP was like 130/140.

The art in BW was the best from any series, in my opinion.

What we need is a less lazy TPC or whoever distributes the cards. The fact that Articuno had an FA but not moltres and zapdos and the fact that we got Regigigas and Registeel but not Regice or Regirock is very sad and disapointing.

I'm hoping for:
- Art that is more like the Ex Battle boost, and base-old ex sets. I didn't like the artwork that much in BW.
- Bring back the cosmic holo pattern
- Full art cards stays, but maybe change the art style to more like the LEGEND cards or the shiny collection cards (but with the same or improved texture as the EX FA cards). 3D are kind of boring, and I would like the pokémon to have a bit more dynamic poses.
- Introduce a new kind of ultra rare instead of repeating exes or Lv Xes.

-ADD DRAGON TYPE ENERGIES
-Fairy type and fairy type energies please
-Keep full art cards because they're just so purty
-Nerf EX cards as if they just murdered your entire family. Either get nerfed or just get rid of them entirly
-DELTA SPECIES WAS DA SHEEIT
-Less filler cards
-Better art
-Better quality of cards in general

Momaster12 said:
-ADD DRAGON TYPE ENERGIES
-Fairy type and fairy type energies please

If Basic, then NO!!!

If Non-basic, then maybe.

I haven't seen a post of what fairy brings to the TCG, other than a new paintjob and a new name.

I came up with this awesome ideas. There will be still 8 basic energy types, but some of these special energy types, assuming there is no type reshuffling.

Rather than having the 10 types, there would be 10 types and some subtypes.

Bug for example, would be a subtype for Grass. The noticeable difference would be a different color in the portion of the card above the image, where the name, type, and HP are. The rest of the card would be the same grass green.

I could say the same for Ice and Water, Ghost and Psychic, Poison and Psychic, Ground and Fighting, Rock and Fighting.

Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, Fighting, Dark, Steel, Normal, and Dragon pokemon in the games would lack a subtype in the TCG.

So, how do subtypes work. Subtypes would give that pokemon a bonus, or change the weakness or resistance of that pokemon if that specific energy was attached.

Take Fairy for example, and uh, Clefairy, which I think would be fairy in the games. Clefairy would be a colorless pokemon, but will become a fairy when special fairy energy was attached, and will grant that normal pokemon Dragon resistance, and change the fighting weakness to psychic(poison), or metal weakness.

For now, I'd rather have them do it with fairies and colorless pokemon before going all out with the other types. This is a good way to add all the types without oversaturating the TCG with too many types, because something like Ice isn't technically ice, but a subgroup of water, and counts as water, uses water energy, but gets a boost by using special ice energy.

This is adding something new to the game. It is sad that I can come up with a good idea to add a new type to the game without adding the 9th of the same thing.

I'd predict EX stuff to stay, new card format, new fairy-type, and possibly new rarity.

Since XY will have international releases, I hope it will be the same for the TCG. Also the sets should not be altered at all, if there are two small sets keep them like that, if there is some special theme deck keep it the way it is and don't shove it into sets, all cards keep the Japanese rarity, and nothing gets de-holofied, five card packs(?)...

Trainerhan1 said:
Since XY will have international releases, I hope it will be the same for the TCG. Also the sets should not be altered at all, if there are two small sets keep them like that, if there is some special theme deck keep it the way it is and don't shove it into sets, all cards keep the Japanese rarity, and nothing gets de-holofied, five card packs(?)...

That's a bit impossible. The market in Japan isn't the same as the market in the US or Europe. But for some odd reason, American products seem to work in Japan, but Japanese products don't work in America. MTG hasn't changed when it was sold in Japan compared to the American counterpart. Pokemon TCG and Yugioh changed when imported from Japan. The only anomaly is Cardfight Vanguard, so we will have to see if that game will grow as much as Pokemon TCG and Yugioh has. Oh, by the way, this only affects TCG's only.

What the international Pokemon TCG is, is an Americanized version of the Japanese TCG.

I know that the chances are bleak but this is just what I'd like.

I actually really like the subtypes idea; I think it would be a cool way to bring more types from the games into the TCG without being a pain for balance purposes. I think there would need to be some kind of classification system, though, so it doesn't end up with tonnes of text all over the cards. Maybe a special box on the Pokémon card somewhere that lists what subtype(s) they could get a benefit from (like Clefairy and Fairy-type to use your example), similar to the dual-type box on the Pokémon cards of that era (TRR, for example). Then on the Fairy-type energy card, there would be wording along the lines of "Fairy energy provides [C] energy. If the Pokémon that Fairy energy is attached to has the Fairy Subtype (symbol here), then.... (list special effects here)."

Also, +11 likes for Japanese selling model, even though I don't think it will ever happen.

I came up with a similar idea in my fake card thread for Dragon-types and Dragon Energy (dragon pokemon get subtypes; dragon energy provides those types if the pokemon is dragon). Just an interesting point to make.

I would like it the Japanese way, partly because things are practically 50% cheaper there than here in Australia (I can't say enough how ridiculous inflation is here), and also because the English theme decks are pretty rubbish compared to the Japanese ones (they have staple trainers, we have... ~10 mostly useless ones). (Except I know it won't happen :()

Artemis said:
I actually really like the subtypes idea; I think it would be a cool way to bring more types from the games into the TCG without being a pain for balance purposes. I think there would need to be some kind of classification system, though, so it doesn't end up with tonnes of text all over the cards. Maybe a special box on the Pokémon card somewhere that lists what subtype(s) they could get a benefit from (like Clefairy and Fairy-type to use your example), similar to the dual-type box on the Pokémon cards of that era (TRR, for example). Then on the Fairy-type energy card, there would be wording along the lines of "Fairy energy provides [C] energy. If the Pokémon that Fairy energy is attached to has the Fairy Subtype (symbol here), then.... (list special effects here)."

Also, +11 likes for Japanese selling model, even though I don't think it will ever happen.

"... then this Pokémon's Resistance becomes -40 and the Defending Pokémon's Weakness becomes x4."
Ha!

*some* of the 3D art was cool.

Such as the art for Garchomp, Hydreigon (all cards), Chandelure plasma and Crobat.

But a LOT looked really full and boring.

Especially the first three BW sets. Not much improved in ND besides the full arts (plus the hand drawn art kinda sucked) but the 3D shinies were sorta cool but the BG still was kinda meh.

DEX... Surprisingly had a lot of hand drawn cards. Which was cool but the holo pattern and bland art didnt make them amazing. I mean look at Venusaur and Blissey.

And as much as I love the shiny Gardevoir, it's just a tiny 3D speck in a bland 3D BG...

I even sold my shiny Rayquaza in an attempt to get a Rayquaza gold star cause I didn't like it anymore. Bland 3D art.

I do like shiny Charizard, Empoleon, Dusknoir and Virizion though. Everything else...

Well I'll just finish with.... Bring someone who can draw as good as the team for the e-series to ex era.

I feel like a lot of the 3D cards lack personality. Also, there were simply way too many of them.

The more I think about it, the less I want location-specific art. I think that's a large part of the reason I haven't looked at my BW cards in over a year-and-a-half, and it would be nice to move away from that trend in the XY series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back