TCG Complaint Thread

ashtavakra

Overlord
So, not sure if there are one of these, but it seems within every subject of every thread, there is always some complaint. So instead of us all getting warn % for negativity across the forum in places it shouldn't be, I figured why not create a thread to make it legal to complain about the game without getting warn. Let's go.

I also would just like to hear what other problems people have had with products, rules, the meta game, and every other aspect of the TCG I have not covered.

Daelum

Climbing the stairs to the top
Well there is always the complaint about the piss-poor quality of English cards, and the lack of non-monetary care given by TPCi

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
ashtavakra said:
I also would just like to hear what other problems people have had with products,

Daelum said:
Well there is always the complaint about the piss-poor quality of English cards, and the lack of non-monetary care given by TPCi

That has been done before and is well known. A rehashing of a well known problem is not necessary. But I will leave this open for

ashtavakra said:
I also would just like to hear what other problems people have had with rules, the meta game, and every other aspect of the TCG I have not covered.

evilpacman

Voltorb Collector
I liked the RH foils from the old EX series the best. Except I hated the stamp printed on them. As for the rules, I dont like that the nerfed Rare Candy in what seemed like an attempt to slow down the metagame, then introduce fast, hard hitting Basics right away. Although thats been complained about many times before haha

ashtavakra

Overlord
evilpacman said:
I liked the RH foils from the old EX series the best. Except I hated the stamp printed on them. As for the rules, I dont like that the nerfed Rare Candy in what seemed like an attempt to slow down the metagame, then introduce fast, hard hitting Basics right away. Although thats been complained about many times before haha

Do you think a T1 rare candy would even the playing field on ex's vs stage 2's?
Making Garchomp/Dargonite/Kingdra/Infernape other stage 2's I forgot to mention, playable in the meta?
A T1 PlasmaKINK wouldn't be fun at all though..

Jungletoad

Aspiring Trainer
My only complaint is the RH. They were much better some years ago. Early EX and backwards was the best.

evilpacman

Voltorb Collector
ashtavakra said:
evilpacman said:

Do you think a T1 rare candy would even the playing field on ex's vs stage 2's?
Making Garchomp/Dargonite/Kingdra/Infernape other stage 2's I forgot to mention, playable in the meta?
A T1 PlasmaKINK wouldn't be fun at all though..

Well my point was really that they didnt do anything to slow down the game by introducing those basics lol Nerfing Candy would be fine if we didnt end up getting crazy powerful EX's.

PokePhD

PokéBeach Verified Seller
Absence of 1st ED English cards and QA is definitely something that could do with some reconsideration.

evilpacman

Voltorb Collector
SoulWind said:
Absence of 1st ED English cards and QA is definitely something that could do with some reconsideration.

If they did 1st ED cards again, I think they should drop the RH's. That would be a nightmare for collectors lol

Jenkem

Aspiring Trainer
More consistent judging.

At Oklahoma states, my opponent didnt set out prizes, and played a few hands before we realized. called a judge, and i didnt even get to draw a prize penalty.

At Arkansas states, I played a game where i forgot to set out prize cards. Its realized after my first hand, and my opponent draws a free prize. I then win the game, and go outside to smoke, where my opponent finds me and says the judge is looking for me. The judge says that when I played skyla my first turn for a laser that I broke the game state and had lost. I was PISSED at this as he overturned his previous ruling with more malice ruling. especially since the week before my opponent did the same thing and i didnt even get a prize card.

At Kansas states, I top cut, and in my 2nd game, time is called, with me having lost the first one. I have no idea of the rule that says I have to draw more than 50% of my prizes in game 2 to force game 3. (I have only been playing since jan.) Apparently, the judge had no idea either. He looked me right in my eyes and said "This is turn 0, at the end of turn 3, whoever has drawn the most prizes wins. My opponent is playing KK with zero energy on the field, so i pass. As soon as i do, my opponent says, "Thats not right" calls over the head judge, and we are informed of the correct ruling. Once again I was PISSED, as I now have no chance to win, bc the judge told me the wrong rules.

I really think that they need a big sheet of laminated paper with all the rules on it at every sanctioned event. That way, things like my fiasco at kansas could have been avoided.

ashtavakra

Overlord
Jenkem said:
More consistent judging.

At Oklahoma states, my opponent didnt set out prizes, and played a few hands before we realized. called a judge, and i didnt even get to draw a prize penalty.

At Arkansas states, I played a game where i forgot to set out prize cards. Its realized after my first hand, and my opponent draws a free prize. I then win the game, and go outside to smoke, where my opponent finds me and says the judge is looking for me. The judge says that when I played skyla my first turn for a laser that I broke the game state and had lost. I was PISSED at this as he overturned his previous ruling with more malice ruling. especially since the week before my opponent did the same thing and i didnt even get a prize card.

At Kansas states, I top cut, and in my 2nd game, time is called, with me having lost the first one. I have no idea of the rule that says I have to draw more than 50% of my prizes in game 2 to force game 3. (I have only been playing since jan.) Apparently, the judge had no idea either. He looked me right in my eyes and said "This is turn 0, at the end of turn 3, whoever has drawn the most prizes wins. My opponent is playing KK with zero energy on the field, so i pass. As soon as i do, my opponent says, "Thats not right" calls over the head judge, and we are informed of the correct ruling. Once again I was PISSED, as I now have no chance to win, bc the judge told me the wrong rules.

I really think that they need a big sheet of laminated paper with all the rules on it at every sanctioned event. That way, things like my fiasco at kansas could have been avoided.

That is complete BS and I'm sorry to hear that. Absolutely outrageous and if the TCPI or whoever runs the show for the Pokemon TCG wasn't such a money hungry piss ant company I would have complained until I saw results. Of either, like you mentioned each head judge having complete access to a rule book at every sanctioned tournament or the judges that gave you wrong rulings or weren't familiar with the correct rules saw punishment. Even if you don't enter those states for tournaments. Anytime I ever got rulings, I keep a small tablet of scratch paper in my bag with a pen and get the judge names for those EXACT reasons. If I get cheated or I am at a disadvantage due to somebody else's incompetence they WILL be held accountable.

Reggie McGigas

-
My complaint is that the Reverse Holos could be better. They are an improvement from dp-bw1 but I really like the ex series reverse holos much better.

evilpacman

Voltorb Collector
ashtavakra said:
That is complete BS and I'm sorry to hear that. Absolutely outrageous and if the TCPI or whoever runs the show for the Pokemon TCG wasn't such a money hungry piss ant company I would have complained until I saw results. Of either, like you mentioned each head judge having complete access to a rule book at every sanctioned tournament or the judges that gave you wrong rulings or weren't familiar with the correct rules saw punishment. Even if you don't enter those states for tournaments. Anytime I ever got rulings, I keep a small tablet of scratch paper in my bag with a pen and get the judge names for those EXACT reasons. If I get cheated or I am at a disadvantage due to somebody else's incompetence they WILL be held accountable.

Yeah, this isnt football.... they should be able to get the rulings right especially for something like that. There should be no controversy when the rulings are as straightforward as they can be. "well judge, I didnt have both hands on my cards yet so I didnt have total control of the play, AND I didnt make a move that is common to advancing the game of Pokemon. Thus, I never really played that Skyla." LOL

Reggie McGigas

-
I remember not that long ago in a White Kyurem EX tin there was only 1 Dragons Exhalted pack and 1 Emerging Powers pack. I mean cmon TPCI, if your going to mess up on what packs are in the tin at least don't do ep. At least I got a pokemon catcher and Tornadus holo from that pack.

Daelum

evilpacman said:
SoulWind said:

If they did 1st ED cards again, I think they should drop the RH's. That would be a nightmare for collectors lol

Yes, that would be completely horrid. That would mean there would be 4 different variations for each set. Having to deal with the multiple Base Set print runs is bad enough, but more... I don't think I could do it.

evilpacman

Voltorb Collector
Daelum said:
evilpacman said:

Yes, that would be completely horrid. That would mean there would be 4 different variations for each set. Having to deal with the multiple Base Set print runs is bad enough, but more... I don't think I could do it.

Yeah. I think 1st edition would be better than RH though, because you cant have a set of regular cards and a set of RH cards. Some cards cant be RH like the EX's and such.

Daelum

There are some nice RH patterns in older tests though, but the rest are meh so I'd probably trade RH for 1st edition :p

ashtavakra

Overlord
So you guys are saying there should be 1st ED, RH and Regular cards? I'm confused..
So there would be 3 different sets in 1 to collect? I'm not a collector by any means.