Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
The Roy victory theme found in the game most likely refers to the Fire Emblem character as it is a Fire Emblem Song. The file could just be data for left out content, but it seems to have been added during the 1.0.6 update, along with some other victory themes, most notably one for confirmed DLC character Lucas, and one for Ryu (from Street Fighter). The contents of what was found in the files of the 1.0.6 update are here and the victory themes and other "DLC Content" files are also mentioned here.
Cool! I'll edit the list to put Roy up at #1.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Guys don't forget Young Link was a Melee exclusive character and the only real reason IMO that he never returned was Toon Link became more popular when the newer versions of Zelda came out and more people favored him over the younger counterpart. The only way he would return is if they make a game supporting Young Link. Then after that they may do that IF he gets enough support.:)

professorlight

Ice Queen
Compiling this here:
  1. Snake [this game is E10+, pretty sure snake can't make it in E10+]

Pish posh, we're talking about Solid Snake here.

SSBBCardboardbox.jpg

If someone can make it, it's Snake. He's probably cutting ahead of line, right in front of roy's face.

NoremacNavire

Aspiring Trainer
who all do you want to see on the roster?

mine would be

majoras mask link
skull kid
zoroark
8-bit mario
cloud strife
steve (minecraft)
pichu bros

DreamingMunna

Zzz
I would like to see Isabelle, we need more AC characters.
Gardevoir, with Gallade as an alt costume. (Like Wii Fit Trainer boy/girl Robin, etc)
Anddd Phoenix Wright

Bazinga001

None
I think Professot Layton would be awesome for the voice acting alone. And just think of all the references they could make to the series...

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Alright here we go.

LR8Lg1e.png

mXJEy0y.png

HWY4HeS.png

3oB2gKM.png

TbROZMz.png

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
*sighs* No Pichu Yet... *Sighs again*
Pichu will never be in Smash again. He was a purposely handicapped character so people who were really good at the game could play as Pichu to give their less experienced friends a chance. Sakurai realized this was stupid since he was an awful character that no one played anyway, so he was cut.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Pichu will never be in Smash again. He was a purposely handicapped character so people who were really good at the game could play as Pichu to give their less experienced friends a chance. Sakurai realized this was stupid since he was an awful character that no one played anyway, so he was cut.
Is this your opinion, or do you have any sort of confirmation at all? Can you tell me who else was an unpopular character that nobody played that had a better clone in Melee?
Roy. Where is Roy now? Why is Roy even in this game when we have a Marth clone already? Heck, I've never even SEEN Roy played in SSBM outside of a Low-Tier Tournament.
Every clone that debuted in Melee [except Falco and Ganondorf] wasn't in Brawl. Dr. Mario barely made it into SSB4. If you can find an official reasoning for what you just stated, I'll stop.

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Is this your opinion, or do you have any sort of confirmation at all? Can you tell me who else was an unpopular character that nobody played that had a better clone in Melee?
Roy. Where is Roy now? Why is Roy even in this game when we have a Marth clone already? Heck, I've never even SEEN Roy played in SSBM outside of a Low-Tier Tournament.
Every clone that debuted in Melee [except Falco and Ganondorf] wasn't in Brawl. Dr. Mario barely made it into SSB4. If you can find an official reasoning for what you just stated, I'll stop.
Alright let's do it.

"Sakurai says that he wanted a character who was bad on purpose, which is why Pichu was brought in. He also says that he had considered Jigglypuff the joke character of the first game, but now Jigglypuff was seen as more of a serious character because of Pichu’s inclusion. Also of note – one fan suggests that Raichu should have been used for Pikachu’s model swap instead of Pichu. Sakurai says that Pichu did more to differentiate himself, and that he added more by being a joke character."

And on your comment on clones, every single character from Melee is present in the files of Brawl except Pichu. He was never even considered. Obviously some of the characters weren't implemented (poor Mewtwo), but they were all at least considered by the dev team but ended up being cut due to time.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
I mained Pichu in Melee and so I'd love it if he came back. I really doubt it though because he's supposed to be the joke character and I don't think those characters work well as paid DLC.

Though if we can get 3 Marths I don't see why we can't get 2 Pikachus and 3 Links.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
every single character from Melee is present in the files of Brawl except Pichu.
Young_Link_SSBM.jpg
not quite.

Also, Dr. Mario and Ganondorf barely made it into Melee.
-Dr. Mario (part of the reason he was chosen was because someone wanted to put his music in the game)

this seemed to have gone out the window in Brawl.

-Ganondorf (Sakurai mentions that he was lucky to get in – if he hadn’t had such a similar body type to Captain Falcon, he wouldn’t have made it into Melee)

Pichu, while a "joke character", was planned to be in Melee for a purpose. Ganondorf barely made it in, and that's only because he was similar enough to Captain Falcon.

Last edited:

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
BIG NEWS.

Ryu has TWO FINAL SMASHES. ONE IS RANGED, THE OTHER IS CLOSE QUARTERS.

Ranged (on Ryu's stage no less)
Close Quarters

And regarding Roy, he's no longer a direct Marth clone. He's been Luigified. He moves faster, has faster animations, and a shorter range than Marth (haha what). Neutral B is an insta kill at full charge and deals 50% damage (also he takes 10% damage at full charge but whatever).

Dat explosion
Dat explosion 2: Electric Boogaloo
Final Smash

As for Lucas, he's relatively unchanged. His Final Smash is the same as Ness', nothing special.

Also Dreamland 64 is returning.

And here's some trophies. Includes the Inkling trophy.

NgRKSE2.jpg

Last edited:

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
BIG NEWS.

Ryu has TWO FINAL SMASHES. ONE IS RANGED, THE OTHER IS CLOSE QUARTERS.

Ranged (on Ryu's stage no less)
Close Quarters

And regarding Roy, he's no longer a direct Marth clone. He's been Luigified. He moves faster, has faster animations, and a shorter range than Marth (haha what). Neutral B is an insta kill at full charge and deals 50% damage (also he takes 10% damage at full charge but whatever).

Dat explosion
Dat explosion 2: Electric Boogaloo
Final Smash

As for Lucas, he's relatively unchanged. His Final Smash is the same as Ness', nothing special.

Also Dreamland 64 is returning.
Do you have a direct link to this information? I want to read this for myself

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
EVERYTHING IS BEING RELEASED TODAY. ALL OF IT. LITERALLY RIGHT NOW AT THE TIME OF THIS POST.

-Lucas
-Roy
-Ryu
-Mii Fighter costumes
-Dream Land 64
-Ryu's stage
-Miiverse stage

Also next wave of Amiibo is ROB, Dunk Hunt, Mr. Game & Watch, and Falco.

Mii Fighters will have Amiibo.

Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu will have Amiibo. Eventually.

Last edited: