Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
So I maybe wrong but, wouldn't Dr. Mario be about equal if not a little better than Mario? From people I've seen people playing Dr. Mario and Mario, it seems Dr. Mario would be the better choice and is lower on that chart than he should be.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
What are people's opinions on the new Mii outfits? Saw that a bunch of people over at Smashboards were angered by some of them, particularly King K. Rool (DK) and for some reason, Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia). Would be interesting to hear your opinions on this.

I played Tales of Symphonia so I recognized the Lloyd custome right away. It looks pretty similar to Lloyd in game. I don't purchase Mii Costumes though. I think people may believe Lloyd would be too much of a clone comparedto the Fire Emblem characters.

I do like that a couple past stages make a return. It brings back old memories of doing the original Super Smash Bros. I remember trying to get Bros Calamity and Kirby Ranks bonuses.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Speaking of tiers, has smashboards put out a tier list for this game or nah?
Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 10.12.50 PM.png
I don't fully agree with this one, [Doc is way too low in my opinion, Falco is too high] but here it is. Note that the + and - aren't entirely accurate due to the fact that every character below Lucas got -3 to counteract however far they may have moved up.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I've given up on finding a tier list, at least for the time being. This game is still in its infancy and the roster is constantly being tweaked, which changes matchups.

You're better served by just visiting a character's matchup thread and reading what people have posted in regards to specific characters.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
I know I've done this before, but here's my latest creation.
Screen Shot 2015-09-06 at 8.57.55 PM.png
Instead of just tweaking my old one, I did a complete Overhaul. Any thoughts?

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
I know I've done this before, but here's my latest creation.
View attachment 8848
Instead of just tweaking my old one, I did a complete Overhaul. Any thoughts?
I do like the nice art work and effort you put in, however I might not be THAT good at fighting (there are some people that can dance around me with link while he uses a mid air sword slash every .5 seconds), I am still decent at it. I can say this, Shulk does NOT get enough crerdit, he can be truly one of the best characters if played right (I can't use him for crap though), Fox is over rated (he has much faster falling than Falco and lesser attacks I think), and Little Mac also does not get enough credit. Little Mac does have some HORRIBLE match ups against characters that can out range him, however I have had people time and time again wreck the hell out of me via edge guarding to extreme levels of perfection. I wish I could upload the videos now, however 1 I don't know how to and 2 I don't have enough time should I be able to. Let me make one thing clear though, I KNOW his recovery can simply be put as A******, but if he can get you off the stage first, there are people who will make sure you NEVER get back on it and attack him more than once before you get launched off screen.

Empoleon_master

I discovered this by messing around with custom lucario and it messes with the lvl 9 AI to no end.
What you need is this on your custom lucario:
1 snaring aura sphere (it's REALLY IMPORTANT)
2 long distance force palm (not really needed but it helps)
3 1 trade off speedster, attacker, and defender equiment, aka one of each of those, but make sure you have base 33 atk at least.

Then when you start any custom battle you have base 90% damage, with the equipment boosted stats, enjoy being an unholy eater of lvl 9 ai souls now.
All you have to do is get any lvl 9 ai character to be half a stage away from you, rhen you charge up 1 aura sphere to hit the opponent initially, then spam un charged ones until the ai either some how lives to hit you once, or they die.

This does sound extremely stupid but it works to no end. I went against a lvl 9 wario and I won purely by spamming uncharged snaring aura spheres, the ai simply cannot process how to deal with that big of aura spheres which pass through the ai even if it shields itself. Said wario also used a down smash twice.....while it was accross the stage and I was at the opposite edge spaming the same aura spheres over and over.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
I do like the nice art work and effort you put in, however I might not be THAT good at fighting (there are some people that can dance around me with link while he uses a mid air sword slash every .5 seconds), I am still decent at it. I can say this, Shulk does NOT get enough crerdit, he can be truly one of the best characters if played right (I can't use him for crap though), Fox is over rated (he has much faster falling than Falco and lesser attacks I think), and Little Mac also does not get enough credit. Little Mac does have some HORRIBLE match ups against characters that can out range him, however I have had people time and time again wreck the hell out of me via edge guarding to extreme levels of perfection. I wish I could upload the videos now, however 1 I don't know how to and 2 I don't have enough time should I be able to. Let me make one thing clear though, I KNOW his recovery can simply be put as A******, but if he can get you off the stage first, there are people who will make sure you NEVER get back on it and attack him more than once before you get launched off screen.
Falco is much slower than Fox with less of a combo game, Shulk [who I also can't play for anything] doesn't have any attack besides his Jab that start before frame 10. What this means is it's very easy to use a quick attack [Like Little Mac's Jab, for instance] to interrupt all of his attacks. And Mac, well, his recovery sucks, he is super prone to juggling and has trouble landing when you get him into the air.

Empoleon_master

Falco is much slower than Fox with less of a combo game, Shulk [who I also can't play for anything] doesn't have any attack besides his Jab that start before frame 10. What this means is it's very easy to use a quick attack [Like Little Mac's Jab, for instance] to interrupt all of his attacks. And Mac, well, his recovery sucks, he is super prone to juggling and has trouble landing when you get him into the air.
Shulk is not great for his ground attacks, his up tilt, Nair, Bair, and Fair however are basically a punch to the lower gut every second with someone that can actually short jump on the 3ds. I cannot do this for the life of me, however the people that can do it basically can 0-death you if you don't make the one right move that won't have you in a Fair/Nair/Bair lock.

Also more on the Lucario OP against AI lvl 9 thing, the AI is even worse at dealing with snaring aura spheres then I mentioned, sometimes the AI will shield in the middle of a fully charged one...and not let go of the shield button until their shield breaks. Remember, this is lvl 9 AI, the type that get a perfect shield and block your attacks in one tenth of a second...this AI's shield BREAKS with this.

Last thing, I don't know how Little Macs do this, but every time I get them into the air they basically go invincible the entire time on their way down to the ground, and I don't mean an air dodge, I mean they're impossible to hit either via range, double fall, air dodging or probably all three at once, it is insane.

Empoleon_master

Sorry for the double post but this seemed relevant to my custom lucario hype.
There's a glitch with Mr game and watch's oil panic attack. If it's used on a snaring aura sphere it can collect power levels from the same sphere multiple times like a moving battery of DOOM.
Come to think of it, if there's ever a tournament where there's team battles but you can hurt your team mates a winning team could be lucario with snaring area sphere and mr game and watch with oil panic LOL. Lucario fills up the bucket, G&M (game and watch) spams oil panic to no end while it's an attack and defence style character via equipment LOL, oh and the lucario would have 2 trade off defender things on it plus a trade off attacker boost just to make sure nothing lives again, EVER.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
I'm going to try and do something different. Let's do this!

Super Smash Brothers for 3DS and Super Smash Brothers for Wii U have been out for a while, and are seen as the second most competitive games of the series. Frequent balance patches can ruin a character's viability or, more commonly, give life into a certain character. I have attempted to create a tier list for this game, to little avail. So I turn to you guys. From now until October 17th, you can PM me your version of a tier list [even the names of the characters as a simple list without any seperation will do] and I will average them into a community voted tier list.

Enjoy!

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
There's an SSB4 "forbidden 7" so to speak. There are 7 veterans left that are not in SSB4. I'm going to go over their chances of coming back.

Ice Climbers: No chance, the 3DS can't handle them TT.TT
Wolf: Highest Chance
Pichu: Third highest chance
Squirtle: Second highest
Snake: Very low
Ivysaur: Low
Young Link: No chance, Toon Link was a clear replacement. Maybe give Toon link some alternate YL costumes as DLC?

Jungletoad

Aspiring Trainer
You know, finally seeing my most wanted character since I was 7 years old debut in Smash made me break down. I've been supporting other characters such as K. Rool and Isaac because they were more realistic, but this....

I have no words. Sakurai, what a man.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I'm definitely purchasing Cloud as soon as he is available. I'm betting he is paired with his stage like Ryu was.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Going to be honest: This is not hype whatsoever for me. He looks like Sakurai threw Marth, Shulk, and Ike together, added some unique specials and gave him Cloud's texture and voice clips. His limit thing is even just another KO meter like what Little Mac has.

Oh, and he's not Pichu. Just another reason for me to dislike him.

Jungletoad

Aspiring Trainer
Now we only need Sora as a playable character and we can have the real Ultimate showdown between Sora, Mario, Sonic, Pac Man, Samus, Ryu, and Cloud.....And master Chief, but THAT's not going to happen. Also this would explain why this EVER existed

Well, if Sora get's in my head will explode. Both Cloud and Sora are characters that I really wanted to see in Smash, but unfortunately their chances were so low I didn't even mind actively supporting them. But hey, Cloud got revealed yesterday! Anything is possible now.

If we get Sora, Snake and Isaac I'm going to cry tears of joy. King K. Rool would be a cool bonus too, but not necessary (his fanbase has made me dislike him, unfortunately).

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
I want Isaac to be a DLC, simply because I've never played Golden Sun and feel like this would help introduce me to the series.

I also desperately want Pulseman as a character. I wouldn't care if he copied moves from Robin, Pikachu and Mega Man. Ken Sugimori helped to make his game! He never had a sequel, and only gets little references here and there. Poor Pulse...

But even more than Pulse, I would cry if a Tales main character were put in the game. Specifically Luke (because Abyss was my first Tales game), but I would cry for Asbel, Reid, Yuri, or any other main. Jude would be an interesting melee battler. And as Nintendo has proved even more true yesterday, we can never have enough swordfighters. So pretty much any other Tales main would be a beautiful addition the the games.
Their Special moves could easily have as many options as any other current character. Just throw some Artes into place! And the Final Smashes would be just as easy with their Mystic Artes!
And judging by the recent Nintendo Direct, Nintendo and Bandai-Namco have a pretty decent relationship. ;)

*Isaac
*Pulseman
*Luke fon Fabre
*Asbel Lhant
*Reid Hershel
*Yuri Lowell
*Jude Mathis

Last edited: