Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I will 1v1 anyone in this game at any time, my 3ds fc is in my profile, send me a pm with your fc so I can add you and find me in the chat for easier times reaching me

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
They need to have some way of paying developers too for adding content into the game. You probably won't have much luck with getting codes because it costs to purchase them. Add in the system also tracks if you have bought a particular DLC item. In general asking for free codes is looked down upon and in some online communities is not allowed.

This means if I ever get the game I will never get the secret characters. It's that simple. ALL characters should have been put in the game before the game was released. You don't release a game that is not comleted. That is what they did IMO. The released an uncompleted game and having people pay to finish their game for them IF they want their game completed. With that said Nintendo IS cutting corners and not completing games and having people pay if they want the game completed. On top of that they are paying$40,00+ the price of DLC characters. This means the game actually will cost more than $0.00 to have a completed game when in terms is NOT completed and people are paying extra for characters that SHOULD have been in the game. They should have delayed the release until ALL characters were completed not release early then have people pay for codes later. Nintendo already has enough dough to keep them alive. This means even if people can't afford the characters they want they will never see them and this is by far unfair I might add and therefore is wrong. Who's bright idea was it to do it this way anyway?:(

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
3-4$ per additonal character is perfectly reasonable. That's not even an hour of work at a job. You can't use the excuse kids without jobs can't get them because I can assure you there are things they can do for money. Mow lawns, rake the yard, clean the garage, babysit, etc.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
No not just that. Paying bills is very expensive and buying game data is ridiculous when you buy the game itself and everything is supposed to be completed when the game is done. This one IS unfortunately incomplete. Nintendo did not finish the game like they should have before the release date. If they still had things to tie up they should have pushed back the release date. You don't release any game if it is not complete. This was a poor judgement on their part and furthermore they did not finish their job like they should have done. If they knew they were not going to be done they should have put a note up somewhere that they were not quite done so they could have added the remaining characters or anything else to the game. Do it this way is actually a cheap way out of completing a game. Also not to mention the lied and said the game was done when it actually was not. Do you or do you not understand where I am coming from? From a marketing standarad they did not put enough effort into finishing the game so instead of moving the date again they basically said we are now done and said we will added the rest later and find a way to have players pay for characters if they want them.

From a general point of view the correct method is they made a poor decision on how they made the game so as I said the called it good said they were done and took the cheap way out. Yes they were cheap on their end. A game that is incomplete should have never been released until it was done. This was the first game that I have heard of that was not complete. A lot of people are probably very disappointed because they cannot get their characters they want and yes this is a very unfair way to release games now. Games are supposed to be fun and there are things to get in the game to make it fun and Nintendo leaving things out and having people pay for extra stuff IS NOT proper and will never EVER be proper. It is not right and this IS a very bad marketing plan. IT IS NOT COOL or ver will be cool. We should be reporting this type of marketing because it is by far not good policy at all. Nintendo is not who they used to be. Like when I played Melee things were a lot better Mewtwo WAS already there had to be unlocked? Use some sense there. We never had to pay extra for him in Melee. Why now? Does not make sense. It never will and is not proper material for this day and age. Trust me I have a brother that works for Nintendo and if he saw this he would pound them in the ground. He works in Research and Development for the systems but not for the software so he does not hear anything about games for the systems anymore buy yeah if he saw this he would be rewritting the policy. If you think I am joking I am not. I am serious and DEAD serious. This is not proper material at all.:(

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
The game was released complete. It had plenty of new features and characters. They're just making new content.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
Why are they making new content when this new stuff could have been added before the release date? If they are adding new content this means the game is not complete. You don't finish something say it is done then say we have to add "NEW" content. That is not proper material. Do you guys see my point? Not trying to bash or sound rude but they really messed up this time. You don't add content if the game is completed. If it were finished the game is not complete or they would not be adding more still.:(

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer
Does anyone else use Mii Fighters? Which variation do you use? How do you play it?

I play a Mii Brawler that focuses on being fast and annoying - if it hits you, it's hard to get away and fight back. With a combination of Piston Punch and Head-On Assault, it's pretty good at what it does. It works great until my opponent uses another agile character (it's not such an easy battle, but not impossible), so it isn't completely amazing. I enjoy it a lot though!

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
You can add new content to literally anything completed. Da Vinci could've decided to go back and paint a mustache on the Mona Lisa. That doesn't make the original version any less complete. J. K. Rowling could write some books that take place during, between, before, and/or after the Harry Potter series that give more insight into side characters and events and whatnot, but that wouldn't make the original series any less complete.

I doubt they could've even included more characters before the release date without pushing the release date back months. It took them months to complete Mewtwo. It was in their best interest to release Smash 4 as soon as possible to help boost the sales of the failing Wii U. This still doesn't make the game rushed because they still included plenty of new characters and features with zero glitches that affect anybody and they still had to take months to complete the Wii U version.

If anything you should be happy that they're adding more content instead of leaving the game finished as it was. You probably wouldn't even be upset if there had been no mention of adding Mewtwo as DLC after the game came out. Adding a fighter is pretty minor and a game with 40-something fighters is still plenty complete on its own without the addition of another 3 or so characters that don't affect a story.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
h that is true but why charge people for the extra stuff when you already bought the game? Why not include the codes in the game sleeve and sell they game for $5.00 more? This would make better sense than doing it the way they are doing it right now. They way they are doing it right now is not very proper in my opinion sadly it is the wrong way to do this.:(

Blah

DBT
I'm someone who is vehemently against DLC and microtransactions, I'm still completely fine with the way Nintendo did this. Why would including it within a more expensive game be at all beneficial to the consumer? The problem with DLC and the like comes from the fact that companies released unfinished games and then offer the rest of the game for an extra fee--essentially a less extreme version of what many "freemium" mobile games are, where you don't get a game at all until you pour money into it. Smash 4 was without a doubt a finished game when it was released--so asking consumers to pay extra for extra content is completely fine.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
h that is true but why charge people for the extra stuff when you already bought the game? Why not include the codes in the game sleeve and sell they game for $5.00 more? This would make better sense than doing it the way they are doing it right now. They way they are doing it right now is not very proper in my opinion sadly it is the wrong way to do this.:(
So, would you NOT like Mewtwo? What about Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion? Do those 3 not being in the finished game make the game unfinished? What about FE: Awakening? That has a TON of Paid DLC, does that make the game less finished? it's not like they're asking you to pay $50.00 for Mewtwo. What about Lucas? Do you want Lucas in Sm4sh? I don't see how it was the wrong way to do this. Look at it this way:

- The Wii U was failing.

- Smash for Wii U is released.

- the Wii U begins to fail less.

- Mewtwo is released.

- The Wii U begins to turn around.

By programming Mewtwo into the game right away, they would have had to delay both the 3DS and Wii U versions. The 3Ds would have lived, but the Wii U? That may not have survived in it's market for that long, since it was already failing.

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
h that is true but why charge people for the extra stuff when you already bought the game?
If a business is going to do extra work that they didn't have to do then why do it for free?
Why not include the codes in the game sleeve and sell they game for $5.00 more?
Because it wasn't ready yet. It took like half a year after the release of the 3DS version for them to finish with Mewtwo.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
So, would you NOT like Mewtwo? What about Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion? Do those 3 not being in the finished game make the game unfinished? What about FE: Awakening? That has a TON of Paid DLC, does that make the game less finished? it's not like they're asking you to pay $50.00 for Mewtwo. What about Lucas? Do you want Lucas in Sm4sh? I don't see how it was the wrong way to do this. Look at it this way:

- The Wii U was failing.

- Smash for Wii U is released.

- the Wii U begins to fail less.

- Mewtwo is released.

- The Wii U begins to turn around.

By programming Mewtwo into the game right away, they would have had to delay both the 3DS and Wii U versions. The 3Ds would have lived, but the Wii U? That may not have survived in it's market for that long, since it was already failing.

You may not realize but they should have added this content before the game was finished. That is what I am trying to say. They did not finish the game if they are still adding content. They are not done. If they are not done why charge people MORE when they should be adding this stuff for free. We already bought the game why pay more for the content? It does not make sense. Nintendo's big problem is they are not pushing the Wii U for consumers. If they did this they would not be doing this for people but would be doing this for free. It just does not add up. They have to find some way to drive the Wii U big but this is NOT the way to do that. Seriously. They will loose more players by doing this. This is not a cool marketing tool.:)

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
You may not realize but they should have added this content before the game was finished. That is what I am trying to say. They did not finish the game if they are still adding content. They are not done. If they are not done why charge people MORE when they should be adding this stuff for free. We already bought the game why pay more for the content? It does not make sense. Nintendo's big problem is they are not pushing the Wii U for consumers. If they did this they would not be doing this for people but would be doing this for free. It just does not add up. They have to find some way to drive the Wii U big but this is NOT the way to do that. Seriously. They will loose more players by doing this. This is not a cool marketing tool.:)
Again. Diancie. Hoopa. Volcanion. Victini. Those were left out of the game, and were downloadable. Does that make the game any less finished? Simply, Mewtwo and Lucas were afterthoughts. Characters that had no intention of being in the main game. Sakurai and his team are giving up their time to give us more content. As such, they gave us a finished game, and are now giving us more. Also, if they are giving up their own time, why should they do it for free?

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer
The current discussion about Smash Bros DLC is going nowhere, so enough is enough. If you want to talk about microtransactions and DLC in general (and/or about how they affect specific games), we have a thread for it.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Compiling this here:

All characters that have been in an installment of Super Smash Bros. in order of likeliness to return as DLC is SSB4

1. Roy
  2. Wolf
  3. Pichu
  4. Young Link [But we really don't need 3 Links, do we?]
  5. Snake [this game is E10+, pretty sure snake can't make it in E10+]
  6. Pokémon Trainer [Zelda and Shiek are separated, so he's out for good]
  7. Ice Climbers [3DS can't handle Ice Climbers]
So in reality, Wolf and Pichu are the 2 most likely to come back, followed by Roy, and I can't see the rest making a return for various reasons.

Last edited:

Bazinga001

None
Compiling this here:

All characters that have been in an installment of Super Smash Bros. in order of likeliness to return as DLC is SSB4

1. Wolf
  2. Pichu
  3. Roy
  4. Young Link [But we really don't need 3 Links, do we?]
  5. Snake [this game is E10+, pretty sure snake can't make it in E10+]
  6. Pokémon Trainer [Zelda and Shiek are separated, so he's out for good]
  7. Ice Climbers [3DS can't handle Ice Climbers]
So in reality, Wolf and Pichu are the 2 most likely to come back, followed by Roy, and I can't see the rest making a return for various reasons.

There was a victory theme found for Roy in the files of the 3DS version recently, so I would consider him to be the most likely on that list at the moment, but the rest of your list seems to be as correct as possible in order. Toon Link definitely seems to have replaced Young Link, so I doubt that we'll see him again unless there's some sort of fan outcry. Both Wolf and Pichu seem to be possible especially as Wolf was rumored around the time of launch, and Pichu always seems to have enough support.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
There was a victory theme found for Roy in the files of the 3DS version recently, so I would consider him to be the most likely on that list at the moment, but the rest of your list seems to be as correct as possible in order. Toon Link definitely seems to have replaced Young Link, so I doubt that we'll see him again unless there's some sort of fan outcry. Both Wolf and Pichu seem to be possible especially as Wolf was rumored around the time of launch, and Pichu always seems to have enough support.
I'm also supporting Pichu. Could you link me to the sound files? Or could it be Roy Koopa?

Bazinga001

None
The Roy victory theme found in the game most likely refers to the Fire Emblem character as it is a Fire Emblem Song. The file could just be data for left out content, but it seems to have been added during the 1.0.6 update, along with some other victory themes, most notably one for confirmed DLC character Lucas, and one for Ryu (from Street Fighter). The contents of what was found in the files of the 1.0.6 update are here and the victory themes and other "DLC Content" files are also mentioned here.