Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

This is a list of the best characters in my opinion! So, this may not go with a tier list, but I would like peoples opinions on their favorite characters!

By the way, #1 is best, #5 is last on list.

Kirby
Kirby is a fun character to play as, and due to its large amount of jumps, it is difficult to keep it off of the map. Also, you can spam UP+B to be irritating. The only problem is that it can still be taken out easily, at least in my experiences. Also, his new final smash kind of sucks.

Mega Man
Okay, the fact that they added Mega Man into smash is AMAZING. I love the mega man franchise, and the fact that it can use different robot-master abilities if pretty cool. I have seen the Metal Blade, Leaf Shield, and Air Tornado. The problems I have faced is that he is not that good of a character in general, and I have had trouble getting KO's. His final smash is pretty epic though.

LINK
As a huge fan of the Legend Of Zelda series, Link has always been a favorite. The fact that you can just spam your bow is pretty fun already, but I liked that I was able to kind of make up my own combo. I call it the combo breaker. It is: A A B A UP+A B A A A UP+B repeat. Is final smash is very overpowered, as well.

Meta Knight
Meta Knight was my favorite character in brawl, mainly because I mastered him. The ability to do Down+B and kind of teleport is nifty, and he is packed with powerful attacks. The issue is that he got kind of nerfed, and when you do the sprint attack, you cannot fly after, so if you are off the map, you are out of luck. His final smash is still hard to use as well.

Ness
Ness is a fun character to be kind of a troll with, because if you use PK Thunder correctly, you can just shoot yourself with it when you are falling off the map and get back up. Also, his yo-yo attack(UP+A/B) is pretty cool, and the final smash is pretty overpowered.

>/another/ fire emblem rep
>bayonetta can chain attacks together in the air, literally can stairway you to heaven
>"her combos start up slow, but here's her special that slows down characters so you can start a combo LOL"
>oh and she can up-b to midair jump to another up-b, what the hell man
>sakurai finally leaving the series, probably for the best at this point

bTa6KoU.gif

Last edited:
Well... I'm not a big fan but I really wanted a SMT/Persona character in the game (Jack Frost!!!)... so I totally agree with PR Manager of Atlus USA
jackbros.png

Kamui/Corrin is decently cool and looks like a fun character to play. I'll likely end up downloading him.

Kamui/Corrin is decently cool and looks like a fun character to play. I'll likely end up downloading him.

My "D-r-e-a-m" felt so close in becoming a reality. Corrin fulfilled it 50%... Until the end of his reveal, I waited for the "other" FE:F character that wasn't shown in his trailer... :( But damn! He really came out from nowhere and exactly as I described him in the Ballot, when I voted for him. So, even if she's not in, to have Corrin is a pure miracle for me at least.

Fingers crossed for NX Smash and Sakurai staying as the engineer of the "Smash-Hype Train"! :D

Another uneccesary Fire Emblem character. Absolute abomination that this franchise (whom 95% of everyone I know haven't even heard of) has the same amount of characters as Pokemon. It even has more characters than Zelda, which is laughable. I completely agree with Fire Emblem having one or two characters, but no more. The fact that Sakurai states that the upcoming characters were going to be "fan service" makes it all the worse. How can this be fan service, when almost no one outside Japan has heard of this guy? Fire Emblem, with it's abysmal sales of 5M has four more playable characters than franchises like DK and Metroid. Franchises who have helped establish Nintendo's idenity is being completely left behind. Imagine if we removed Lucina, Corrin, Roy and Ike / Robin. We could have had characters like K. Rool, Isaac, Inklings, Banjo, Ridley... characters people actually care about.

Although Bayonetta looks cool, I don't buy that she won the ballot. I suspect that some of the older characters with no recent appearances won, but they decided to go with a character who's been in a recent title to boost sales.

All in all, I don't really have anything to complain about. Got one of my 3 most wanted characters since Melee, Cloud, and we also got some cool inclusions like Ryu and Bayonetta (although I would have picked someone else).

Another uneccesary Fire Emblem character. Absolute abomination that this franchise (whom 95% of everyone I know haven't even heard of) has the same amount of characters as Pokemon. It even has more characters than Zelda, which is laughable. I completely agree with Fire Emblem having one or two characters, but no more. The fact that Sakurai states that the upcoming characters were going to be "fan service" makes it all the worse. How can this be fan service, when almost no one outside Japan has heard of this guy? Fire Emblem, with it's abysmal sales of 5M has four more playable characters than franchises like DK and Metroid. Franchises who have helped establish Nintendo's idenity is being completely left behind. Imagine if we removed Lucina, Corrin, Roy and Ike / Robin. We could have had characters like K. Rool, Isaac, Inklings, Banjo, Ridley... characters people actually care about.

Although Bayonetta looks cool, I don't buy that she won the ballot. I suspect that some of the older characters with no recent appearances won, but they decided to go with a character who's been in a recent title to boost sales.

All in all, I don't really have anything to complain about. Got one of my 3 most wanted characters since Melee, Cloud, and we also got some cool inclusions like Ryu and Bayonetta (although I would have picked someone else).

It's also rough for me to believe Bayonetta won the Ballot. Plus, it was Top 5 in US which means she placed 5th or 4th. If else they would've said she placed Top 3.

I can "feel" you, since I've never played any game of that series, neither from most of the SSB characters. However, as a FE fan myself, I would like to inform of two things: (a) Lucina, is a clone character to Marth, much like how Pit has Dark Pit and Zelda Shiek. For 3DS software/hardware limitations, she became a "newcomer," but that was not what the development team wanted. (b) Fire Emblem is a growing series. The fanbase is growing more and more. It became known to the west from SSBMelee, due to Marth's high popularity and Ken's combos. It makes "sense" for Nintendo wanting to promote the next game, by including its main character to Smash Bros and creating a new and large fan-base for it.

Honestly, I understand the "hate." Nevertheless, to me it's like a dream come true, since I had voted him for Ballot and he got a pass. Keep in mind though, Nintendo wouldn't make a step "backwards." As of now it hasn't included any character from a previous/ near dead franchise.

Lastly, honestly I could remove Roy/Ike, because their "era" has already passed. And if you want to hear my personal "spot stealer" it's Wii Fit Trainer. 0 reasons to be in game.

Personally, I feel that it's Nintendo's policy to know which characters are popular due to the Ballot and make them newcomers in the upcoming Smash Bros for NX. Until then, let's enjoy what is given to us and thank Sakurai for making the impossible possible. Cloud, Bayonetta have opened the road for many more collaborations.

To be fair, Fire Emblem has way more character than LoZ worth representing. The only characters really worth bringing in are recent one hit wonders (Zant, Ghirahim) or characters with absolutely no moveset potential or which have too many forms to fairly represent the character (Impa). The most realistic character I can think of bringing in would be a generic race (i.e "Goron") or just give a spot to the Cuccos. Everyone loves Cuccos. I'm confident that besides that Tingle would be next in line, but as a whole we hate the poor fairy guy so much over here that Nintendo doesn't even have the confidence to publish his own games here.

Character slots also aren't existent. Banjo and Ridley aren't in the game for a reason (Banjo is dead thanks to Microsoft buying Rare and Sakurai doesn't think Smash can do Ridley's character justice) so no getting Ike wouldn't mean we would have got Isaac, it just means we would have 47 characters on the roster instead of 48, so Ike being there isn't a problem as far as that's concerned.
It's also rough for me to believe Bayonetta won the Ballot. Plus, it was Top 5 in US which means she placed 5th or 4th. If else they would've said she placed Top 3.
99% sure it's illegal for companies to lie about a vote if they take one, though maybe that's only if the voters have to pay... Regardless, Nintendo is too honourable a company to lie. They did also specify that Bayonetta was in these top positions in all of the regions including veteran characters, meaning that in America it's possible or even probable that Lucas and/ore Roy ranked higher, so realistically she was probably Top 3.
Honestly, I understand the "hate." Nevertheless, to me it's like a dream come true, since I had voted him for Ballot and he got a pass. Keep in mind though, Nintendo wouldn't make a step "backwards." As of now it hasn't included any character from a previous/ near dead franchise.
Well Lucas was included after Mother 3, which saw the end of the Mother franchise. He was even brought back in SSB4.
Lastly, honestly I could remove Roy/Ike, because their "era" has already passed. And if you want to hear my personal "spot stealer" it's Wii Fit Trainer. 0 reasons to be in game.
The "Wii" series (Wii Sports, Wii Fit etc.) is the 4th best selling Nintendo franchise. Ever. Not representing that would have been totally criminal, and she actually brings something really unique to the game and has become a fan favourite.
~~~~~~~~
I for one voted for Bayonetta on the smash ballot so I'm insanely happy right now. Like I'm on a total high. The only thing I question with her is whether her moveset will have that Smash Bros. spark, since Sakurai's hand has slightly been forced here with including her. Though he was also forced to include Greninja (or at least that's the Gen VI rep GF told him he should include) and that worked out really well, so I'm not too worried.

IIRC, the caveat with Bayonetta was that she was specifically the top choice of "realizable" characters, meaning characters that Nintendo and the Smash team can properly license to put into the game. For all we know, Goku or someone else like that would have been the top spot (or even the top 10 spots), but if they can't get the licensing to put him in the game, it's meaningless.

99% sure it's illegal for companies to lie about a vote if they take one, though maybe that's only if the voters have to pay... Regardless, Nintendo is too honourable a company to lie. They did also specify that Bayonetta was in these top positions in all of the regions including veteran characters, meaning that in America it's possible or even probable that Lucas and/ore Roy ranked higher, so realistically she was probably Top 3.
Well... that's not what I said :p I said that by saying Top 5 they make her position in the US, "sound better." That's because IF she had a higher ranking they would've gone by mentioning she had a higher ranking (ex. If she was 2nd they would've say she placed second, if third third. If 4rth or 5th Top 5). I didn't say they lied. I said that through this detail we can make some justified speculation about her actual position on the US Ballot. :D

Well, you know understand how the "happiness" from one fandom can be the "sadness" of the other, and vice versa. :) I'm happy that the 1st pick for Ballot was made into the game. The ones who voted will be pleased and will have fun playing with her. And in the end what matters is fun. :) So, me on the other will enjoy Corrin, while deep inside I know most people didn't want another FE character, but that's life :p

I am kind of excited for Bayonetta as she seems like not only a good fighter but a total BA ideal version of a strong, independent female character. Ideal version of a strong, independent female character meaning, she's not just something for dudebros to stare at as she would not only kick their behinds into next yesterwhen but owns how she looks, and isn't restricted to just killing things and being eye candy.
I have never played her games, (although I might if they're no more gory than Attack on Titan as I do not like gore, and neither do the people I would have to share the TV with to play it on my PS3,) they do look fun to go with what seems like a tournament legal stage and a REALLY powerful fighter that requires lots of skill.

She honestly looks like an awesome character to use that is balanced due to a high level of skill being required to play her, yet seems easy enough to use by a lot of players. Anyway enough conjecture if someone has played and finished Bayonetta 1 reads this thread pm me about it as I have some questions as to whether or not it's for me.

Also sorry if this post didn't entirely make sense I am very tired ATM and need to sleep as of 4 hours ago. :/

I am kind of excited for Bayonetta as she seems like not only a good fighter but a total BA ideal version of a strong, independent female character. Ideal version of a strong, independent female character meaning, she's not just something for dudebros to stare at as she would not only kick their behinds into next yesterwhen but owns how she looks, and isn't restricted to just killing things and being eye candy.
I have never played her games, (although I might if they're no more gory than Attack on Titan as I do not like gore, and neither do the people I would have to share the TV with to play it on my PS3,) they do look fun to go with what seems like a tournament legal stage and a REALLY powerful fighter that requires lots of skill.

She honestly looks like an awesome character to use that is balanced due to a high level of skill being required to play her, yet seems easy enough to use by a lot of players. Anyway enough conjecture if someone has played and finished Bayonetta 1 reads this thread pm me about it as I have some questions as to whether or not it's for me.

Also sorry if this post didn't entirely make sense I am very tired ATM and need to sleep as of 4 hours ago. :/
Awesome update, according to this article Bayonetta is feminist, which means if it's not too gory I might buy it as I would have REFUSED to buy the game if it objectified the main character. Yay having a strong female character that is not defined by how she looks or how men gawk at her! : D

(͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)

You sure about that?
Yes, yes I am, she is not slapped into the outfit, she makes it look like whatever she wants and that's how she wears it, she it not being told to wear it because it makes her "look better".

Fun experiment: Name 5 characters you would take out of this game. Then you get to put a character in.

I'll start.

Taking out Charizard, Dark Pit, Ryu, Cloud, and Bowser Jr. for Pichu.

Back