Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

SotS said:
I think it's probably the bots friggin' out, lol.

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to notice such an obvious thing. -.-

It's like, the bots are going absolutely bonkers and everyone's like "I don't see it. Is it that Mega Man isn't blue enough? Is Shulk too sexy for his speedo? Is Pikachu evolving?" lol

I did not see that on a sideways video. Guess because it was small. I thought it was the pause and the menu popping up. I wish I could see that video in landscape mode VS portrait.:(

Seeing as how Mewtwo is now available in DLC I'm curious as to how everyone has been doing using Mewtwo? For me it took a while to get used to, but now I've managed to beat All Star on Hard and Classic on 9.0 with him.

Seeing as how Mewtwo is now available in DLC I'm curious as to how everyone has been doing using Mewtwo? For me it took a while to get used to, but now I've managed to beat All Star on Hard and Classic on 9.0 with him.

Honest opinion? He's still pretty bad. His attack speed is too slow and predictable, he's too light and floaty and can get tossed around like a beanbag, his landing lag/attack lag is atrocious. He got some nice buffs from Melee with Confusion now reflecting projectiles and Disable lasting longer, good range on his aerials, and his grabs are incredibly powerful (on par with Ness'), but he probably won't see any high-level play anytime soon.

Could I post my iteration of a tier list here and get some feedback?

Go for it. If Peach isn't ranked highly I will be very salty.

I definitely don't agree with Lucario being S Tier. He's okay, but nothing spectacular. The damage output is underwhelming until you start taking damage at which point you need to be cautious of getting KO'd.

Falco definitely should be at least B tier, if not A tier.

I'm interested in knowing why Yoshi is A tier according to you.

I definitely don't agree with Lucario being S Tier. He's okay, but nothing spectacular. The damage output is underwhelming until you start taking damage at which point you need to be cautious of getting KO'd.

Falco definitely should be at least B tier, if not A tier.

I'm interested in knowing why Yoshi is A tier according to you.
In order:

Lucario really shines vs. Combo-Heavy characters with difficulty KOing [IE fox] because if you don't combo him into death, he can easily KO you back.

Falco is subpar to fox and has trouble KOing, at least in my opinion. His nerfs from Brawl were too much.

Yoshi has the Down-air, a long grab, and can poop you into an egg to deal more damage because you still take damage in the egg.

Yeah, I agree that Lucario is extremely good. The buffs you get from Aura are insane and if you survive long enough, you can kill at crazy early percents with the side B and pretty much any smash. I don't think he's as broken as some people say he is just because Aura is really the only huge thing he has going for him (a lot of his moves are rather lackluster without the aura boost), but he's certainly near the top.

The biggest thing I'd argue with on that tier list is Bowser's high placing--and that's coming from someone who uses Bowser as a secondary. He's fun and all, and has a couple crazy strong options (like one of the best anti-air up smashes in the game and a hilariously long-reaching forward tilt, along with the Bowser classic up-b out of shield) but he really struggles when it comes to approach options and matchups against other top tier characters, most notably Sheik and Rosalina. Sheik straight outspeeds everything Bowser does and can combo him like crazy, easily dancing around most of what Bowser can do, and Bowser just has no way to consistently get around Luma, making his already crappy approach options nonexistent.

I also think Sonic should be closer to the top--a good Sonic player (watch 6WX) can do some absolutely insane stuff with the side-b and the generally fast moveset that Sonic has. The fact that the side-b can be cancelled with a shield during charge up OR a jump at any time means you can scoot around the stage safely and your opponent has to keep guess where you're going next. That combined with spectacular grabs and a very versatile aerials and Sonic is one of the best characters in the game.

Last edited:
Pish-posh; peach is so brawl.

Rosalina is where it's at; I don't get why all competitive players say she's the best, but I don't care; best or not, she is my main (and she booted peach, zelda and ZSS out of that spot, so...).

Pish-posh; peach is so brawl.

Rosalina is where it's at; I don't get why all competitive players say she's the best, but I don't care; best or not, she is my main (and she booted peach, zelda and ZSS out of that spot, so...).
So I guess you're admitting that you're a loser.

As someone who mains both Peach and Rosalina, I find this strange to read.

also, I'll be updating the list every time a new Character comes out for DLC.

So I guess you're admitting that you're a loser.

I never! I'll have you know I can still main peach like in the old times It's that damn zelda who gives me trouble, but I prefer rosalina because have you seen her moves? granted, I never use down B, but I love the mobility warp star gives me, and luma shot is (even if a little beat cheap) a great way to compensate for her low knocking capabilities.

And isn't her up+forward kick the. most. elegant. thing you have ever witnessed in smash bros? she could be dead last in your tiers, and I would still main her.
Just look at this beauty.
5kz61.gif

Isn't it wonderful? All peach has are those made-up moves, and like three equally useless variations of toad counters; and don't get me started on those goddamn turnips; one more useless than the other.
I hoped they would give her something decent with the expanded moves, but it seems they want peach to not shine as much as she should.

Whenever you want to see if I'm a loser you're welcome to play against me, I haven't been able to play online against anyone yet, and I'm not very good, so you don't even have to worry about me using a top tier character.

I never! I'll have you know I can still main peach like in the old times It's that damn zelda who gives me trouble, but I prefer rosalina because have you seen her moves? granted, I never use down B, but I love the mobility warp star gives me, and luma shot is (even if a little beat cheap) a great way to compensate for her low knocking capabilities.

And isn't her up+forward kick the. most. elegant. thing you have ever witnessed in smash bros? she could be dead last in your tiers, and I would still main her.
Just look at this beauty.
5kz61.gif

Isn't it wonderful? All peach has are those made-up moves, and like three equally useless variations of toad counters; and don't get me started on those Goshdarn turnips; one more useless than the other.
I hoped they would give her something decent with the expanded moves, but it seems they want peach to not shine as much as she should.

Whenever you want to see if I'm a loser you're welcome to play against me, I haven't been able to play online against anyone yet, and I'm not very good, so you don't even have to worry about me using a top tier character.
1v1 me.

What is with buying DLC codes? Are they going to do this on EVERY DLC character? I hope not. If I ever get the game I will be asking people for free codes they are not using.:(

Last edited:
What is with buying DLC codes? Are they goin to do this on EVERY DLC character? I hope not. If I ever get the game I will be asking people for free codes they are not using.:(

They need to have some way of paying developers too for adding content into the game. You probably won't have much luck with getting codes because it costs to purchase them. Add in the system also tracks if you have bought a particular DLC item. In general asking for free codes is looked down upon and in some online communities is not allowed.

Back