Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Oh, someone already posted about Meta Knight being quietly added. Yes, there is no doubt he will have been tweaked. There's no way Sakurai is ignorant of the competitive tier lists which Meta Knight has topped--effortlessly--in every single iteration.

He's getting nerfed. The question is, though, does it matter? There will always be someone at the top.

Well, there will obviously always be someone at the top, but Meta Knight was over the top. He will definitely be nerfed, and hopefully whoever gains his spot at the top (even if he retains it) will not be as broken as SSBB Meta Knight used to be.

It would be nice to see Meta Knight be dethroned. (inb4 Snake) (inb4 Snake isn't returning) (inb4 op can't inb4)

Japan is getting the game in about a month, so we'll have a full cast list soon! Are you guys worried about anyone not making the cut? Any newcomers out there you'd still want to see, besides Klonoa because I know that's everyone's dream and not just my own?????

That is awesome that we have a new character but not happy about the Home Run Contest though because it is so hard to launch the sand bag a long way. My friend did that to get the DK stage in Melee for me and he used Yoshi to do it. It was pretty hard to do the down+A move 5 times in 10 seconds to do it but he did it with a charged smash to top it of with a .5 seconds on the clock left.:)

So now people decide to start posting. Anywho, I think everyone i wanted is in so I'm content. It would be weird without Ness or Jigglypuff so they're probably secret characters. As for newcomers, I can't really think of anything. Maybe Shulk is the last newcomer?

I kinda want them to hold out on some more newcomers until launch. They did that with Toon Link and Wolf for Brawl, so there's precedent.

Why hold out? It comes out in roughly 57 or 58 days from now. Better to things released now rather than later. So far all they have done really is the characters section and just now starting on stages and the rest of the modes. They should have put up the original 12 characters first and then did the stages modes and items last and added characters along the way. They did things half backwards and added most of the characters and just now started on the stages modes and still only have some of the items in the games. They messed up badly. They have some major corrections to make. They got their priorities backwards where the site is concerned. It is good they got the characters out but they held off on everything else until today? What the heck? Someone sleeping? Come on guys wake up and smell the coffee get more stuff on the sited mode wise and finish working on the modes and items at the same time. Things should be released on each thing every time a character comes due on the site. There should be 1 thing for each section of the game not 1 thing once a month.:)

Samus so sexy <333

Definitely gonna have to rock that outfit, like, every time <3

PMJ said:
Samus so sexy <333

"Unlike most other female video game characters, Samus isn't some husky-voiced bimbo in tight leather included only for sex appeal. Samus is tough, silent, heavily armed and spends most of her time in a bulky suit of high-tech Power Armor."

So much for the original Samus.

PMJ said:
Samus so sexy <333

You, me, and everyone else online. That alt costume, a whip, and likely one of the strongest characters in the game? Looking forward to playing the two game modes, "For Zero SuIt Samus" and "For Zero Suit Samus."

The costume is pretty damn cool though. It's great to finally get to play as Samus in that outfit after seeing it all those years ago in Zero Mission and Fusion. Now, if only we could ditch the heels for the original boots...

PMJ said:
Samus so sexy <333

You, me, and everyone else online. That alt costume, a whip, and likely one of the strongest characters in the game? Looking forward to playing the two game modes, "For Zero Suit Samus" and "For Zero Suit Samus."

The costume is pretty damn cool though. Now, if only we could ditch those heels for the original boots...

Chaos Jackal said:
"Unlike most other female video game characters, Samus isn't some husky-voiced bimbo in tight leather included only for sex appeal. Samus is tough, silent, heavily armed and spends most of her time in a bulky suit of high-tech Power Armor."

So much for the original Samus.

Eh. Unless you're saying Samus should stay in her suit, the outfit is fine and has been one of her few canon out-of-suit outfits for over a decade now. And considering how the out-of-suit outfit in the first Metroid was a bikini, I'd say that this is hardly a betrayal of her character. Samus isn't new to showing a bit of midriff and legs.

The problem is still those heels. And Other M in general.

PMJ said:
Samus so sexy <333

dBz5d3y.jpg

But thanks to the determination of her female designer, these Zero Suit outfits got completed in time.

SJWs have just been

BTFO
T
F
O

I was already going to main ZSS, but holy hell, this just confirmed my choice. The Zero Mission bonus suit looks much more practical and sexy compared to the zero suit, plus they don't make the boots look that bad. Now all we need is an alternate costume based off of the Justin Bailey suit.

Guys you have not seen Samus sexy unless she is in her Justin Bailey Jumpsuit outfit. If they add that outfit to the game then we will talk sexy. Until they do that she is not sexy XD. Mods don't warn me for this post but obviously no one has played the original Metroid with that code or played the Justin Bailey Hack of Super Metroid on the PC. If you guys have at all you guys will know what I am talking about XD. If they do that outfit then that is when Samus is truly sexy.:)

Starboard Driger said:
Eh. Unless you're saying Samus should stay in her suit, the outfit is fine and has been one of her few canon out-of-suit outfits for over a decade now. And considering how the out-of-suit outfit in the first Metroid was a bikini, I'd say that this is hardly a betrayal of her character. Samus isn't new to showing a bit of midriff and legs.

The problem is still those heels. And Other M in general.

I know that the outfit has been in many canon appearances. I just mentioned an old description of Samus from the first game. However, it's different to seeing Samus out-of-suit in cutscenes and endings and different to include the ZS as a completely different option for the sake of sexiness (and don't tell me you found the pixelated bikini version sexy, or I'm gonna seriously question your taste:p). It's a matter of preference really. What I mean is that Samus is among the few female characters whose original idea wasn't to be popular for being eye candy, and that this has changed over the years. Whether this is good or bad, I don't know. Besides, I never said I'm not gonna play ZSS. Just making an observation.
Simply mentioning Other M degrades the conversation, by the way.
Anyway, I think this has wandered a bit off-topic. We're talking Smash here, not Metroid.

Chaos Jackal said:
that Samus is among the few female characters whose original idea wasn't to be popular for being eye candy, and that this has changed over the years.

I really, really, reaally want to agree with you, I really do.

But...
Best_M1_ending.gif

Metroid_II_Best_Ending.png

185px-Bikinisupermetroid.gif

107px-Metroidzero08.webp

107px-Metroidzero04.webp

107px-Bikinimetroidfusion.gif

SA-X_Closeup.PNG

No, this one doesn't go with the lot, but it's needed to calm certain things, I imagine. Also, I'm an asshole, nice to meet you.
*Shivers*

Believe me, I could go on about how the sexism in other M (crappy story aside) is par for the course for the metroid franchise, and how people dislike the game in part because it actually gave samus the one thing a female in gaming can't have (feelings, girls and boys, feelings), but I wouldn't want to derail the thread (more than I already have, of course. Read "asshole" up there)

So apparently, the entire roster for Smash Bros. for 3DS was leaked on 4Chan.

I for one, hope it is real although it could easily be fake. Some of my doubts come from the arrangement of these characters. In previous games, the characters from the same series would be grouped together, but here they are scattered. Secondly, I highly doubt Ganandorf's pose would look like that. It is too dark, the design from brawl hasn't changed, and he is looking too far away from the center/forward. Also, Duck Hunt? Really?

The graphical errors really make me skeptical about the first screenshot (Wario's missing pupil and G&W hand), but I totally wouldn't be against Dark Pit showing up in Smash as his own character.

Back