Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

People are going to cry hard when they find wavedashing still isnt in the game. Wavedashing isnt even an intentional mechanic; there is no reason to add it intentionally.

I think that article has good news and bad news. Tripping will be nice to be gone, but I was kind of hoping and figured there would be some kind of DLC. I'm surprised and not surprised at the same time, considering it's Nintendo and all.

Tripping never annoyed me much. Sure, it made me rage when I was running - either to get an item/away from an item, or running away from a person who is about to activate a contact-included Final Smash - and I kept falling down every step I tried taking. But if you learn to use it effectively (like waiting for an enemy to come on by and then pressing 'A' to wreck his/her face and stand up at the same time), it doesn't really bother you much.
As for the rest of the article, yay, no DLC.
However, I also found another related article there...
Low chance of Namco-Bandai characters making an appearance at all, be it an item or fighter.
Adios chances and hopes for hearing Chopper saying "This is Raaaazzzgrrriizzz 3!"

Starboard Driger said:
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/yes-smash-bros-for-3ds-is-officially-known-as-smash-bros-for-3ds/

It doesn't really matter, but still... :/

Twist! Nintendo is trolling and it's actually Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U/3DS.

Rusty Sticks said:
Starboard Driger said:
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/yes-smash-bros-for-3ds-is-officially-known-as-smash-bros-for-3ds/

It doesn't really matter, but still... :/

Twist! Nintendo is trolling and it's actually Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U/3DS.

Actually, you know what? That pun actually makes it worth it. I support these names now.

SMRPG rep please! I don't care about licensing issues, Mallow and Geno could both have amazing final smashes - even a boss in Adventure Mode would be enough for me...maybe Valentina or Exor...

For those wondering, they've already confirmed that returning characters keep their final smashes (in my opinion that's kind of boring). I would really like it if they added more colourful characters. It should be acknowledged though that the characters included were normally either from popular games or series that Nintendo wants to start focusing on. Fire Emblem and Earthbound characters are the only exception to this. R.O.B. and MGW were just retro throw backs as Nintendo often likes to do (they know how to appeal).

Anyways, I think that this game has a lot of innovation it has to pull. Viewing it alongside the next gen console from Sony, the graphics are not a drastic difference that my jaw drops open and I'm drooling on myself. Keeping the same smash moves as before leaves me to hope that there are enough new characters to balance out a fresh experience rather than playing SSBB with tweaked characters and different stages.

I'm excited about megaman, but worried that I might not like to use him as much since his moveset is not focused on melee moves (It will just throw me off). As mentioned, I would rather have WFT over a mii character. The only reason I'm not fond of her is honestly because physically she looks boring. Also I like the SSB series because you pit all of these popular VG icons against each other. I just don't want a habit of throwing in bad characters like R.O.B. and MGW to grow. Maybe she won't be bad, I don't know, but she is just very bland to me. You can say what you want in terms of how these characters can still belong in a Nintendo universe, but for the generation that grew up with this game it is nice to see familiar characters that you play with in other games. Not really into subliminal marketing.

I'm still hoping Sakurai will finally give in and put Ridley in this game, or at least some Metroid character that isn't Samus.

Maybe they'll go for a different bounty hunter? Like...Sylux? He's pretty sick. I'd like to see Roy back. Wow, do I miss him.

The thing is I doubt they'd do anything from the Prime series because Sakamoto is all butthurt that he didn't make them, even though they're like the best in the series, so he hardly acknowledges them as Metroid. They'll probably do something from Other M, like maybe Anthony or Adam, or hopefully Ridley.

Hey, sorry if you don't wanna change the subject just yet, but..
What songs would you like to see in these new games?

For 3DS, i'd like to see the Pokemon B2W2 Neo Plasma music remixed, some nice Ocarina of time 3D remixes, Pokemon Rumble menu remix, and a Nintendo Handheld medley

for WiiU, i'd love to see some PBR music remixed, maybe some Super Mario Galaxy and Kirby's Return to Dreamland?

i guess i mostly want to hear Neo Plasma's and Galacta Knight's themes lol

In characters, I want:
-Toon zelda (could be a skin of zelda)
-Peach (with Perry the umbrella and her Super Princess Peach moveset; that needs to finally be canon)
-Daisy and Rosalina (could be skins of Peach)
-Gardevoir
-Other M Samus and Zero suit samus
The only bad thing is that if they were to put all of these, I would have too many main characters to master.

I consider SSMB soundtracks (brawl's in particular) some of the best game OSTs ever created, because of their various genres and the fact that all songs are expertly arranged and orchestral so I'm not worried, I'm sure anything they do will be great. But, I do want a few songs:
-Ballad of the godess of skyward sword (they don't even have to rearrange it, just put it straight out of the DVD)
-The main theme from Zelda spirit tracks, and the final fight with malladus, hell, a whole medley of spirit tracks
-A proper orchestral version of zelda's lullaby
-Ancient times (meloetta/relic song's theme)
-Alder's theme
-Lacunosa town's theme (summer and winter) from B/W
-The piano medley from metroid: other M
-The abilities menu theme from Super Princess Peach.
-Some themes from Super Saper Mario
-The return of brawl's Ocarina medley, Song of storms and Zero two
-dragonborn (I know it's not nintendo's, but can you imagine?)

Last edited:
professorlight said:
In characters, I want:
-Toon zelda (could be a skin of zelda)
-Peach (with Perry the umbrella and her Super Princess Peach moveset; that shit needs to finally be canon)
-Daisy and Rosalina (could be skins of Peach)
-Gardevoir
-Other M Samus and Zero suit samus
The only bad thing is that if they were to put all of these, I would have too many main characters to master.

They're alredy using Other M Samus, Toon Zelda (altho as a skin yes) prolly won't be a playable character since TL is gone.
Daisy and Rosalina will def become skins of Peach (esp Daisy as she was a skin the last 2 games that Peach was in), there's also the posibility that Rosalina could be an assist trophy (she was rumored to be 1 before we found out that it was Gardevoir instead.)

Speaking of Gardie (who was supposed to be playable in Brawl but wasn't due to the Nintendo/Sega issuses), she needs to be a playable character this time around (if she ends up forcing any pokemon (minus Pikachu and Jigglypuff) to be cut (such as Pokemon Trainer and Lucario), then its a step in the right direction, all we need is Mewtwo.)

SuperHyperKirliafan89 said:
They're alredy using Other M Samus, Toon Zelda (altho as a skin yes) prolly won't be a playable charcter since TL is gone.
Daisy and Rosalina will def become skins of Peach (esp Daisy as she was a skin the last 2 games that Peach was in), there's also the posibility that Rosalina could be an assist trophy (she was rumored to be 1 before we found out that it was Gardevoir instead.)

Speaking of Gardie (who was supposed to be playable in Brawl but wasn't due to the Nintendo/Sega issuses), she needs to be a playable character this time around (if she ends up forcing any pokemon (minus Pikachu and Jigglypuff) to be cut (such as Pokemon Trainer and Lucario), then its a step in the right direction, all we need is Mewtwo.)

I know about Other M samus, and ZSS is all but confirmed.
I was talking about daisy more like a new model and a skin of peach, not a recolor. Before, "daisy" was just peach with daisy's colors. But I know rosalina is too much of a small character to be playable in SSB; the mario spinoffs are fine, but in SSB only the most unique characters are present. I also know that toon zelda won't be, because then they'll have to do a toon sheik (they could, like in brawl, but they won't do it) at least, they could get rid of toon link and put it as a skin of link (along with skyward sword link. I hate TP link)

And please, pleaaaase give Peach her Super Princess Peach moves, but keep peach bomber.

Last edited:
If we get Mewtwo again, do you think we'd get his new form? Maybe for his Final Smash? That would be dope.

Also, Pokémon Characters that I thought would be nice are,
Raichu (maybe a Pikachu skin?)
Take out Pokémon trainer
Take out Lucario
Eevee would be awesome. He could have a down B that evolves him. Either it would be randomly or you could down B through the evolutions OR to be clever, certain items that Eevee picks up could evolve him.
They gave us Mewtwo and I'd personally love to see another legendary. Deoxys?
Zoroark.

If they did Toon Zelda, she would go along with Toon Tetra. In fact, Toon Zelda/Sheik was going to be in Brawl, much like Mewtwo/Roy/Plusle+Minun. Unfortunately, they were all cut (but coding still exists in the game for them).

With Wind Waker HD coming out soon, Toon Link is bound to return, and Toon Zelda is possible.

Hmm...music I want in Smash Bros Wii U...easy choice! (rap toward the middle is golden haha)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs6Ze8JJUHU&list=PL19F38EE6FEB84A49&index=1

Or the original ;)

The whole SMRPG soundtrack was amazing to be honest.

Rusty Sticks said:
If they did Toon Zelda, she would go along with Toon Tetra. In fact, Toon Zelda/Sheik was going to be in Brawl, much like Mewtwo/Roy/Plusle+Minun. Unfortunately, they were all cut (but coding still exists in the game for them).

With Wind Waker HD coming out soon, Toon Link is bound to return, and Toon Zelda is possible.

Great, they had toon zelda all this time, and they still decided to put that damn mr. game and watch. That's just great.
I don't know about tetra, my point was that being a skin, toon zelda could have the moves of regular zelda, including the sheik transformation; because if there were another, different zelda, what moves could she have? the first one was already a stretch, having all the magic link had in ocarina of time. And what moves could tetra have? same thing with ghost zelda from spirit tracks.

Back