Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

The 3DS will be like playing Melee basically XD but it will be the joy pad instead of a stick. You can use the D pad for easy stuff.:)

I think I'll sit tight for the Wii U release. 3DS seems a little small for my big dumb hands when it comes to button mashing. Also I'm a little worried about wrecking the buttons on my 3DS, while a pro controller is much easier to replace.

Guess my predictions of Slippy Toad, Corsola, Shrek, and Dr Kawashima's floating disembodied head are out of the window... shame, I think the fan base would have really liked them in smash.

I am looking forward to Bowser Jr and Greninja the most so far.

I am yet to pre order this, I am hoping that there will be a pre order bonus from GAME :). I don't have a Wii U, not the time to play one if I got one. I will get the 3DS version

I'm kind of hoping to get both the 3DS and the Wii U versions. Brawl was the first SSB game I actually owned (though I've played Melee infrequently in groups throughout the years), and while I enjoy it, I always feel greatly outclassed because I never really played by myself enough to learn the characters' moves well and stuff. I'll be more likely to play by myself on the 3DS so I can learn and get good at my chosen characters (Robin (<3 <3 <3), Lucina, and Rosalina, probably), and therefore be able to hold my own when I play the Wii U version with my husband. :3

There is no way I'm missing out on either so I'm getting both. Already pre-ordered 3DS version a LONG time ago. Definitely gonna get the Special Wii U version that comes with the adapter and a GC controller. I've been playing SSB since Melee came out. After discovering its awesomeness I got the original SSB for my N64 and it was awesome. There's no way I'm missing out on any of these treasures.

Guys, do you think it would be interesting if there was a Pokémon Trainer, but it's based on Gold instead? I think he should have Chikorita, Quilava and Feraligatr.

I always played the SBB since N64 (God, I missed it so much!) and now, I'm hyped about the new game but I'm still don't know which one I'll use; 3DS or Wii U.

Argghhh!

If we were going to see a Pokémon Trainer for any gen, it would probably feature Hoenn starters; Greninja is already a solo character (so no Kalos), and with ORAS coming they'd have a reason to hype 3rd gen. Even with the 3DS SSB coming before ORAS, there's precedent for characters being released in SSB before their game's release (see: Roy). I took the splitting off of Charizard (and other similar splits like Zelda/Shiek and Samus/ZS Samus) to imply that SSB is specifically trying to move away from these sorts of multi-characters, so I don't actually think it would happen, though.

We aren't seeing a pokemon trainer, period. Sakurai said that each character will have their own moveset, no changing it mid battle (he mentioned pokemon trainer I think, and samus becoming ZSS after final smash).

This is the first time I won't be getting a pokemon game on release, getting smash 3ds then the 100$ Wii U smash bundle. I already played Ruby/Sapphire, so why wait for something I played before? (Not saying its the exact same, but the game is literally a copy of the hoenn region with new pokemon added). [I love ORAS, dont get me wrong]
I, for one, welcome our new roster overlord. The leak is confirmed by now, Nintendo felt the need to comment on it, Nintendo of america themselves removed all videos with the leak, and the huge imgur collection showed Spectator mode and betting. What was pic of the day today? Spectator mode+Betting. Duck hunt dog seems like a really fun character and looks slick!

The roster leak has me HYPED! There's a great mix of the unexpected, expected, retro, and newer characters to choose from, so it's hard for me to understand the hate. Can't wait to try out the Duck Hunt Dog.

I'm definitely picking up the 3DS version on release. And, just as I bought a Wii for Brawl, I'm considering buying a Wii U for the console version. Smash and Pokémon: the only series I'll buy an entire system for.

7da9fdc6d981d4145eeb1ce3b89be5ea.png

This alone is my favorite thing about the leak. I think I might have a new main here.

Professor Palutena said:

This alone is my favorite thing about the leak. I think I might have a new main here.

I hope his Final Smash is Mecha Bowser from Sunshine. Where you are on a rollercoaster. If the leak is real.

Still holding out on Mega-Dunsparce being a DLC character. When he is leaked. ;)

Mr.Muffin said:
Professor Palutena said:

I hope his Final Smash is Mecha Bowser from Sunshine. Where you are on a rollercoaster. If the leak is real.

Still holding out on Mega-Dunsparce being a DLC character. When he is leaked. ;)

The leak is real, trust me. The pictures looked legit, and showed off spectator mode. They revealed spectator mode! Also, as leak said, includes bets! Izat posts the videos, and has ERSB on the bottom, the montage was sent to ERSB. It seems impossible to fake Shulk, Bowser jr and ganondorf...on a 3ds screen...for 45 seconds. It would take too much work to fake it. And nintendo themselves took down the videos of the leak themselves. I am a huge believer in this leak.

Wow that is awesome. Guys if you are skeptical about the 3DS version don't be XD. Just get the 3DS XL if you have large hands. It is 2x bigger than the regular 3DS and the screens are huge as well.:)

Nintendo 3DS direct revealed to air tomorrow. Unknown if there will be an English version.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20140829/index.html

Maybe we'll se something Smash Bros. related?

The leak is pretty much confirmed at this point and the hype train isn't stopping.

main.png

SHULK CONFIRMED!

EDIT: Also here are some Japanese commercials. Some stages shown in these have yet to be confirmed on the website, however the leak did include some of these newly shown stages. Also shown in the third trailer are some menu screens previously not shown on the website. However theses screens were shown in the leak.#1 #2 #3

I'm predicting Shulk to be top tier if his sword works the way I think it does. That reach is absurd.

I've never supported Shulk or even played the Xenoblade games, but they made him look really cool in his reveal trailer. He has a fantastic moveset that I can't wait to check out!

I really don't hope the leak is real though. The inclusion of the Duck Hunt Doge seems absurd, and I can't imagine how he'll play in-game. I'm not really keen on the idea of more clones either (D.Pit & Dr.Mario). And then there's Bowser Junior, a character that I don't think deserves a spot over some other Mario characters.

Also, I hope the leak is fake because I really don't want another Falcondorf.

Only need these characters now and i'll be satisfied:

1. Ridley (hopefully revealed this weekend).
2. Mewtwo
3. Isaac (unlikely).
4. K.Rool (also unlikely at this point).
5. Krystal

;)

Mr.Muffin said:
God. I hate that I will never get to see Hector, Lyn, Joshua, or Henry be playable characters in a smash game.

At least Lyn is in the game as an assist trophy :)

Back