'Steam Siege,' America's XY11 Set in August!

Unless of course, its only given to us in Full Art form....

There's no FA Karen in Japan...

Couldn't Karen be 104/114 or 105/114 because at most we get 8 fa's (Ranger,Garde,M Garde,Volcanion,Steelix,M Steelix,Magearna,and Sycamore) which will be 106/114 to 114/114 leaving two spots for Ranger and Karen... Did I miss something?

...And it's not in the set because Karen is too recent, in fact, it hasn't been released in Japan yet. The Trainer/FA line of Steam Siege goes pretty much like this:

98. Armor Fossil
99. Captivating Poképuff
100. Claw Fossil
101. Gardevoir Spirit Link
102. Greedy Dice
103. Ninja Boy
104. Pokémon Ranger
105. Special Charge (it won't probably change its name in english)
106. Steelix Spirit Link
107. Volcanion-EX
108. Steelix-EX
109. M Steelix-EX
110. Magearna-EX
111. Gardevoir-EX
112. M Gardevoir-EX
113. Pokémon Ranger

So, the only space left is:
114. Professor Sycamore

There's no FA Karen in Japan...

...And it's not in the set because Karen is too recent, in fact, it hasn't been released in Japan yet. The Trainer/FA line of Steam Siege goes pretty much like this:

98. Armor Fossil
99. Captivating Poképuff
100. Claw Fossil
101. Gardevoir Spirit Link
102. Greedy Dice
103. Ninja Boy
104. Pokémon Ranger
105. Special Charge (it won't probably change its name in english)
106. Steelix Spirit Link
107. Volcanion-EX
108. Steelix-EX
109. M Steelix-EX
110. Magearna-EX
111. Gardevoir-EX
112. M Gardevoir-EX
113. Pokémon Ranger

So, the only space left is:
114. Professor Sycamore
We may not get grade spirit link though, or no Sycamore FA maybe

Props to Yveltal BREAK for the advanced vocabulary builder. Pokemon has been doing a lot of that lately; now youngsters can know the definitions of words like protean, autotomy, and more. Learning is fun, kids! (and adults)

karen could be renamed or something but it will be in because if not its unfair to the ppl that play english sets if the japanese get a extra card

karen could be renamed or something but it will be in because if not its unfair to the ppl that play english sets if the japanese get a extra card
First, I don't see what Karen could be renamed to. Her name is Karen, that's all it could be really. Second, Japan gets Karen as a PROMO, it's not in a set. They get a bunch of other cards we don't either way.

Couldn't Karen be 104/114 or 105/114 because at most we get 8 fa's (Ranger,Garde,M Garde,Volcanion,Steelix,M Steelix,Magearna,and Sycamore) which will be 106/114 to 114/114 leaving two spots for Ranger and Karen... Did I miss something?

Trainers are listed alphabetically before the full arts section. If a non-full art Karen was in the set, it would have to have been between Greedy Dice and Ninja Boy. Since there isn't a full art Karen, there will be no Karen in the set with Greedy Dice and Ninja Boy set numbers confirmed.

Trainers are listed alphabetically before the full arts section. If a non-full art Karen was in the set, it would have to have been between Greedy Dice and Ninja Boy. Since there isn't a full art Karen, there will be no Karen in the set with Greedy Dice and Ninja Boy set numbers confirmed.
the darkness of karen
power of karen

etc

the darkness of karen
power of karen

etc
Why though? Supporters are usually just a name of an in-game character, with the exception of Professor Birch's Observations, Maxie/Archie ect. Some supporters include Professor Sycamore, Clemont, Shauna, N, you name it. They typically do not include any any sort of adjective or verb.

I sware I remember a set put them out of order I just can't remember what set it was though

First, I don't see what Karen could be renamed to. Her name is Karen, that's all it could be really. Second, Japan gets Karen as a PROMO, it's not in a set. They get a bunch of other cards we don't either way.
She could be renamed Elite Four's Karen. Who knows? Maybe we'll get it as a blister promo or something.

And Karen is not something they'd exclude here. It's a balance card

I can forsee Ninja Boy being a gamechanger if it's pulled off correctly. Being able to use it to get a free evo or Mega out on turn two would be ace.

And that Yveltal could be devastating if paired with the right Pokémon. Sadly the Noivern with Boomburst is getting the chop soon, otherwise that would have been a brilliant pairing (use Boomburst first to get the initial 30 damage to each Pokémon, then Yveltal BREAK can steamroll the others with Baleful Night)

The way you know that Yveltal Break will not be used as a deck on its own is that MGallade which has an attack thats pretty much the exact same was never any good in real tournament play

I believe that FA Sycamore is 114/114. It's impossible to put one two FA Pokemon Rangers in a set.

The way you know that Yveltal Break will not be used as a deck on its own is that MGallade which has an attack thats pretty much the exact same was never any good in real tournament play
Except Yveltal Break also has dark patch, darkrai ex, and baby Yveltal, only gives up one prize, and doesn't need a spirit link. Two very different cards.

While this is usually the case, it is not 100%. In Generations, Revitalizer and Red card got flipped around. There's always the small chance that this happened here as well, whether due to an accident, or due to TPCI deciding to add the card in last minute. Nothing is really official until either TPCI releases the full set list, or all the scans are up from prereleases.

Bad move to not have Karen legal for worlds. I'm reading that there is still a chance for the card to be worlds legal. If Karen is legal, a large amount of people running NM will seek other options, which could mean buying boxes of Steam Siege they otherwise wouldn't. Karen being legal would also be really good for the second-hand market as the Night Marchers diversify themselves.

Except Yveltal Break also has dark patch, darkrai ex, and baby Yveltal, only gives up one prize, and doesn't need a spirit link. Two very different cards.

and MGallade had Mega turbo 70 more hp, can attack for one less energy with dimension valley,Mystery energy,and existed in a Format with Forretress. The attacks are the same and the support is different but at the end of the day its very unlikely that either of them will make an impact. But really they both are fun choices im just letting you know that its not going to be as big as you might believe

Well I hope Karen becomes part of the English set;
There's some cards in the Japanese TCG that are not part of the main set but were released around the same time as the main set were released; and later during the English TCG release, those cards became part of the main set.
For example, Palkia-EX. It was released as promo as part of a half of a half-deck, lol.
It's technically not part of Breakpoint in the Japanese TCG, but it's in Breakpoint set of the English TCG.

Night Marchers: Karen is Coming!! :D :D :D

Night March I do agree has a really good chance at winning worlds, but decks like Yveltal/Crobat and Trevenant (XY) will start to see a little more play to counter the oh so feared deck being Night March so this world championship is going to be interesting.

Well that's a real shame >_<

Back